Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What good things do you want to happen to Tim Drake?

This thread is inspired by WHY IS IT SO HARD TO REALLY DO ANYTHING GOOD WITH TIM DRAKE NOW A DAYS?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Could you start a new thread. This one doesn't feel very positive.

I want to see his relationship with Bernard fleshed out and explored. it's exciting having a male batfam member come out but that excitement is dying without any immediate followup.
    Sounds like a good start.

BANNED

Him to go back to Stephanie and a new ongoing series staring the Adventures of Robin & Spoiler!

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    Him to go back to Stephanie and a new ongoing series staring the Adventures of Robin & Spoiler!
    A new name. Not Robin.

Give him back his life and connections. ideally bring back one of his parents. have him go to college. Have him take a civilian identity where he helps the bats.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 10-31-2021 at 11:01 AM.

A writer that gets him and wants to write him.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    A new name. Not Robin.
    Preferably a good new name.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Give him a new name and his status quo before Identity Crisis destroyed it

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    All for him getting back with Steph and having an ongoing (regardless of whether or not it also stars her). But definitely not as Robin. Time to finally leave that name in the dust. I'll settle for Red Robin since they clearly can't make anything else work. But I'd really like him to find something new.

Honestly, all I want is for Tim to feel like he matters again. Give him a book that's on par with the solos he had before Flashpoint. Give him and his friends a Young Justice book by someone who actually knows what they're doing. At least pretend to care about the character again, DC, instead of just slapping a bi label on him and giving yourselves a pat on the back like that fixes anything XD

But most of all. Let. Him. Age! Put this man and his generation in college already. There is no reason why he should still be 16.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-31-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Good writer, new hero name and significant character development.
    Yeah, I know, too much to ask these days.

I'd like a new hero identity and costume for him. I want DC to explore his relationship with Bernard but at the same time I don't want them to denigrate his relationship with Stephanie, or make her suddenly homophobic or something. I'd also really love if they restored his family and civilian friends.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Go to college, for start.

He became Robin to help Bruce, he became Red Robin to find Bruce, there are many members of the family, he got scholarship despite dropping out of high school, my job here is done. Gotham University, Gotham State University, Bludhaven college, Hudson University, whichever. Also Ives go to the same place.

Then, he can be the Robin in college like Dick used to be, being haunted by Ra's who wants great grandchildren maybe, or Captain Boomerang Jr. or Ulysses or Lynx, but in his spare time hangs out with the Young Justice, go on Pride parade, live stream D&D and so on and so forth

Also, to make everyone angry, do a will they and won't they with both Steph and Bernard like they do Kori and Babs with Dick

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Go to college, for start.

He became Robin to help Bruce, he became Red Robin to find Bruce, there are many members of the family, he got scholarship despite dropping out of high school, my job here is done. Gotham University, Gotham State University, Bludhaven college, Hudson University, whichever. Also Ives go to the same place.

Then, he can be the Robin in college like Dick used to be, being haunted by Ra's who wants great grandchildren maybe, or Captain Boomerang Jr. or Ulysses or Lynx, but in his spare time hangs out with the Young Justice, go on Pride parade, live stream D&D and so on and so forth

Also, to make everyone angry, do a will they and won't they with both Steph and Bernard like they do Kori and Babs with Dick
    Do you write a lot of Tim Drake fan fic because all the above sounds familiar. I like the idea of Tim going back to school but everything else sounds cringe. No thanks.

Why do you want to make fans angry? Why would you want to piss around with one of the few high profile M/m relationships DC has? That all sounds terrible.

Ra's is in a good place after hounding Duke enough. He shouldn't be arching sidekicks.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 10-31-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Good writer, new hero name and significant character development.
    Yeah, I know, too much to ask these days.
    Yep, just this.

I want Tim to age. I want Tim to go off to college and interact with people outside of the batfamily. I would also love for Tim to have a good new hero identity, as others have said.

I don’t even care about his relationship status, I just want them to do something good with him.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    . . . Why would you want to piss around with one of the few high profile M/m relationships DC has? . . .
    I didn't think it had made it to "high profile" just yet.

I think the average person would be more likely to have heard that Superman (Jon Kent) is bi-, not that some random former Robin may be.

Yeeeeeeeeeah Bernard ain't exactly high profile. To be honest, you could argue that his relationship with Steph wasn't even high profile. Right now he's just the guy being used to confirm that Tim is....something not straight. Tim's sexuality is the big deal right now. Not the relationship.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-31-2021 at 07:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Give him a costume with the cowl from Pre-Flahspoint, determine what code name he should be using (I still like Red Robin with the cowl, but Rook could work just as well), and then give him a full miniseries written by Fabian Nicieza, given a charge to take everything good or potential-filled with the character from the last few years and the freedom to ignore other stuff (New 52 Teen Titans - except for maybe Bunker), and let him write the character.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP