Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    1 billion, but if you factor in X-Corp ignoring the copyright on telefloranics so Terra Verde can develop and sale their own technology it could be a whole lot more.
    Allowing a rival to compete with your economically is a laughable concession, particularly since their initial decision not to compete was made after Krakoan shenanigans.

2 billion here is honestly not a terrible amount to ask for in a lawsuit like this, given the number of dead people, the clear fault on Krakoa for allowing this to happen and the continued damage to the company by Nature Girl. I was just trying to wrap my head around how badly writers these past few months have handled these kinds of money matters. Not to mention the nightmare this would be for international relations.

How sad is it that the only consequence so far is that they might be in monetary trouble? There's been no indication anyone intends, or is even trying to seek, actual justice for the deaths. The likelihood of her ending up in the pit feels slim at best for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Allowing a rival to compete with your economically is a laughable concession, particularly since their initial decision not to compete was made after Krakoan shenanigans.

2 billion here is honestly not a terrible amount to ask for in a lawsuit like this, given the number of dead people, the clear fault on Krakoa for allowing this to happen and the continued damage to the company by Nature Girl. I was just trying to wrap my head around how badly writers these past few months have handled these kinds of money matters. Not to mention the nightmare this would be for international relations.

How sad is it that the only consequence so far is that they might be in monetary trouble? There's been no indication anyone intends, or is even trying to seek, actual justice for the deaths. The likelihood of her ending up in the pit feels slim at best for me.
    That's the opening shot law suit for the death, you think a company that wants 2b for the death of a employee is going to demand less or nothing for there refinery ? Also Emma's worryed how it makes Krakoa look to international business partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    That's the opening shot law suit for the death, you think a company that wants 2b for the death of a employee is going to demand less or nothing for there refinery ? Also Emma's worryed how it makes Krakoa look to international business partners.
    I meant less on the business side and more on the political. Like, imagine if in the real world, an illegal immigrant murdered more than a dozen people in broad daylight with tons of witnesses, particularly as an act of 'protest' against a big corporation. How would Fox news cover that? It would be wall to wall 24 hour fearmongering and the biggest scandal of the year, and dominate the political discourse for a decade. Now you have mutants, who are always treated as being the most hated and discriminated people ever, using their fancy portals to teleport around the country and commit mass murder. The effect on their company is small peanuts compared to how it should be playing out in the news.

This story has made me never wanna see Nature Girl again but in a strange "glutton for punishment"/"watch the trainwreck" way, I keep checking out the new instalments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I mean, they have the most powerful telepaths on the planet, a force strong enough to repel a plant based alien invasion and a powerful enough to terraform a planet in a couple of hours yet stopping a single mutant with a relatively harmless power and her sociopath partner is somehow posing a challenge. I’d say it’s making them look criminally incompetent and really breaking willing suspension of disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

I don’t think we’re going to see any justice for those deaths because the writer appears to be framing this whole mess as at best: morally reprehensible and at worst: NG taking her anger out on others for her warped idea of the ‘greater good’ but it’s okay cause she’s a mutant. There is no way she is going in that pit, she’s probably not going to face any consequences for this.

I’m also finding it a bit disturbing that the mutants are just mildly inconvenienced by this instead of horrified that two young mutants in their care, are running around murdering people and enjoying it. This is the sort of thing the X-men would prevent in the past! Isn’t that what the new X-men team are for now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Chuck ya big dummy, why didn’t you do that right away! Also Duggan has set up Curse to be a pretty powerful mutant so far.
    This, you're on a island full of Telepaths, use them!

Also I haven't read this yet but it's this thread is worth how bad the comics might be....

And there's always one person defending them to

Incredible Member

How is JDW allowing this mess? at least make it non canon. Why did they send Wolverine instead of any of the hundreds of teleporters on the island?

She speaks with animals, Logan can speak with animals, so it should work. At least, that was probably Duggan's logic
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I don’t think we’re going to see any justice for those deaths because the writer appears to be framing this whole mess as at best: morally reprehensible and at worst: NG taking her anger out on others for her warped idea of the ‘greater good’ but it’s okay cause she’s a mutant. There is no way she is going in that pit, she’s probably not going to face any consequences for this.

I’m also finding it a bit disturbing that the mutants are just mildly inconvenienced by this instead of horrified that two young mutants in their care, are running around murdering people and enjoying it. This is the sort of thing the X-men would prevent in the past! Isn’t that what the new X-men team are for now?
    Not to mention it really puts Krakoa in hot water with the UN and validates the fears expressed by those who do not trust mutants.
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Not to mention it really puts Krakoa in hot water with the UN and validates the fears expressed by those who do not trust mutants.
    And now i have to remember one of the "everything's fine with Krakoa" arguments related to the X-men shaking hands and welcomming some of their worst mutant villains on Krakoa and working together with them. That having them on the island is better than having them in the wild because they can "keep an eye on them" that way.

Which has allready becomes highly dubious when we saw over and over that they seemingly can't keep an eye on anything (see X-force as prime example), including their negleted own students (New Mutants) and even a person they know to be highly manipulative and having her own agenda (Mystique). But now they can't even reign in a single student who went on a world wide rampage over a dead sea turtle.

How are we supposed to trust them that they can keep one of the actual serious villains in check or prevent them from racking up large big body counts AGAIN before they can be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    How are we supposed to trust them that they can keep one of the actual serious villains in check or prevent them from racking up large big body counts AGAIN before they can be stopped?
    There's really no need for you to trust them, since you don't live in the Marvel Universe. You don't have a stake in this.

But for the Marvel citizens then, well, they probably don't hear much about this. Even if all those telepaths cannot stop Nature Girl, they can probably keep this under-wraps so the story does not spread too far. Or not, guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    How is JDW allowing this mess? at least make it non canon. Why did they send Wolverine instead of any of the hundreds of teleporters on the island?
    Ever since I started treating this like an AU I've had a grand time reading this thread every week.

Was this whole thing just to destroy Nature Girl? I’m not viewing it as canon either.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Was this whole thing just to destroy Nature Girl? I’m not viewing it as canon either.
    There is this weird trend I am stumbling upon recently of "let's destroy elk/reindeer horned character in horrific way" . Is one of the weirdest zeitgeist moment I'm experiencing right now