Una - time displaced last body of Triplicate Girl, powerless leader
    Bunker
    Nameless (of the Metal Men)
    Brainiac II
    Tempest
    Cir-El
    Golden Eagle

Dr Mist (leader)

Night-Dragon (https://comicvine.gamespot.com/night-dragon/4005-46982/)

Mon-El

Fury/Helena Kosmatos

Argent

Jesse Quick

La Salamanca (https://comicvine.gamespot.com/la-salamanca/4005-2367/)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I love this idea!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Retired

To me a cosmic character would be anyone who has been in outer space. I think if I was going to put together a team of obscure, grounded heroes, it would be pre-Justice League, pre-Justice Society, set in the 1930s. Then I could use Nathaniel Dusk, plus Bart Regan and Sally Norris (from "Spy"), Sandra of the Secret Service and others from 1930s comics.

For a magic hero--rather than the big names like Zatara, Sargon and Dr. Occult--I'd like Nadir, Master of Magic, just because that's such a funny name for a hero, since nadir means a low point--for a magician, you'd think he'd call himself Zenith.

Given NATHANIEL DUSK (a Gene Colan drawn comic published in the 1980s), I'd like to use another comic Colan drew in the 1980s--SILVERBLADE. That was set in the 1980s; however, the characters were from old Hollywood in the 1930s and 1940s. So this could be a prequel to the events in the Bates and Colan comic book.

The Silverblade connection could bring in actual Hollywood personalities from the 1930s also.

I've long had an idea for a 1920s Black super-hero group set in the South, known as the Emancipation Proclamation. So maybe this 1930s team would be called the Unnumbered Amendment. The idea being that there's an amendment to the constitution, but it's so secret, it's not even numbered. That gives the government certain legal powers most people don't know about and they use the Unnumbered Amendment to draft these characters into working for an extra-judicial force.

Since I like Captain Comet, I could probably work him into this somehow. Adam Blake appeared on the scene full grown in 1951--but when he was a boy in the 1930s, he must have already been doing amazing things, given he was a mutant born ahead of his time. But he wouldn't have gone into outer space yet--so that gets around the cosmic loophole. Although to me Captain Comet is not a D list character--C list maybe but not D.

I don't know if there's rights issues over Silverblade and Nathaniel Dusk, but posting this idea on the message board now means it will never happen, so I can use any character I want for this non-existent team.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    1. Captain Comet
    2. Powergirl (powerhouse)
    3. Saint Walker(heart of the team)
    4. Vixen( versatile jack of all trades character)
    5. Lobo(Lancer)
    6. Captain Atom
    7. Nightwing (leader)
    Not sure what you mean by No Cosmics. I mean, your first choice, Captain Comet, is the definition of a cosmic character. Saint Walker also.

Peace

As for who I'd put in a D-List team of characters to stand in for the JL, let's see...

1- Argus (from the Bloodlines crossover. In fact, I could pick many from that cross-over)
    2- Bloodwynd (magic powerhouse)
    3 - Moon Maiden (from an old JLA special)
    4 - Pantha (of Titans fame)
    5 - Technocrat (Tech expert of Outsiders fame)
    6 - Maxi-Man (formerly of the Conglomerate, from the JLI books, but I'd boost his powers to nearly Superman level, to give the team more muscle)
    7 - Ironfire (a tragic Captain Atom replacement, that may find more stability here)
    8- Psi (an old amnesic Supergirl foe that "supposedly" found her death in the Suicide Squad/ Doom Patrol special)

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I love this idea!
    Thank you!

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Resurrection Man, Xombi, Dial H for Hero, Andrew Bennett, and Jack Kirbys Omac.

D-List... hmmm...

Triumph (leader)
    Bluejay
    Silver Sorceress
    Crimson Fox
    Firehawk
    Amazing Man
    Onyx
    Tasmanian Devil
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Without getting into a rampaging discussion of what constitutes A-List through C-List characters, I'll offer up my personal definition of D-List:

* Never helmed a solo title OR a solo mini-series. Ever. Maybe a one-shot special.
    * Could be a founding member of a team that was featured in a mini-series. But not an ongoing. Otherwise, they have to be a non-founding member.
    * No significant non-comics appearances. Batman Brave and the Bold or one Arrowverse appearance at most.
    * Never an official member of ANY of the big teams (JLA, classic Titans, JSA, Legion), except maybe on a technicality.
    * Has multiple comic book appearances.
    * Although obscure, isn't necessarily a "deep cut." Deep cuts are Z-List.

With that in mind, here are my replacements for the satellite League:
    Superman - Zardoz
    Batman - Mister Scarlet
    Wonder Woman - Rima the Jungle Girl
    Flash - The Terrific Whatsis
    Green Lantern - Captain Comet
    Hawkman - Golden Eagle
    Atom - Doll Girl (Bumblebee is starting to move up to C-List status these days)
    Green Arrow - Blue Bowman (Signalman on a redemption arc)
    Black Canary - Crazy Shy Lolita Canary
    Red Tornado - Bozo the Iron Man
    Elongated Man - Stretch of Hero Hotline
    Zatanna - Yellow Peri
    Hawkwoman - Dawnstar
    Firestorm - Firehawk

(And yes, I realize I just violated one of my own rules near the end)
    Last edited by ducklord; 11-04-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    As for who I'd put in a D-List team of characters to stand in for the JL, let's see...

1- Argus (from the Bloodlines crossover. In fact, I could pick many from that cross-over)
    2- Bloodwynd (magic powerhouse)
    3 - Moon Maiden (from an old JLA special)
    4 - Pantha (of Titans fame)
    5 - Technocrat (Tech expert of Outsiders fame)
    6 - Maxi-Man (formerly of the Conglomerate, from the JLI books, but I'd boost his powers to nearly Superman level, to give the team more muscle)
    7 - Ironfire (a tragic Captain Atom replacement, that may find more stability here)
    8- Psi (an old amnesic Supergirl foe that "supposedly" found her death in the Suicide Squad/ Doom Patrol special)

Peace
    I loved that character!!!
    Other than a couple of appearances during Waid's run he never showed again which I thought was an enormous waste!
    His mini-series was also well worth a read. (Hester on the art was kinda great too)
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Does anyone know if the Sovereign 7 members outside of Power Girl are usable?
    I don't think so. I think the are owned by Chris Claremont.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I don't think so. I think the are owned by Chris Claremont.
    I think he took them with him when he left DC. He might even have done something with them after, IIRC. IMO they were probably better off on their own, with no connection to another fictional universe.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Yeah nightwing is probably b list. Vixen is C list at most though. (Though she should be more popular). When I say “cosmic” I usually mean characters like High Father or the Spectre. Characters like Captain comet and Powergirl are powerful but very rarely are they depicted as being cosmic level.
    Easy fix, SUPER easy.... Use the Cheyenne Freemont Nightwing just to confuse the ---- out of people. for bonus points you could have PG as Nightwing too
    Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Una - time displaced last body of Triplicate Girl, powerless leader
    Bunker
    Nameless (of the Metal Men)
    Brainiac II
    Tempest
    Cir-El
    Golden Eagle
    Hmmmm interesting ideas.