Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And just because you don't like something doesn't mean those that do are blinded by nostalgia. Things aren't always so black and white.
    Again, I never said that. Idk if I'm explaining my point very well. But my point is: new versions being bad doesn't mean older versions were good. A lot of these properties had poor adaptations in the past but I've seen people pretend they're good just because they don't like the new versions.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Again, I never said that. Idk if I'm explaining my point very well. But my point is: new versions being bad doesn't mean older versions were good. A lot of these properties had poor adaptations in the past but I've seen people pretend they're good just because they don't like the new versions.
    How do you know those people were pretending?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    How do you know those people were pretending?
    Well, some of those old adaptations weren't great. Like the Mario Bros movie. Or the original Mortal Kombat movies. I don't think the new ones necessarily are or will be worse. Or acting like the Star Wars prequels weren't full of problems too. I don't care for the sequels but they at least had better acting and dialogue to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    As a Gen-Xer, I can't imagine Garfield with any voice other than Lorenzo Music's.
    Back when Garfield first came out, Jim Davis once told an interviewer that Garfield was based, in part, on Morris the Cat. So to this day that's the voice I hear, not Lorenzo Music's.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Back when Garfield first came out, Jim Davis once told an interviewer that Garfield was based, in part, on Morris the Cat. So to this day that's the voice I hear, not Lorenzo Music's.
    Huh. Garfield always struck me as way more working* class than the snooty Morris. Hard to picture Morris throwing an entire pan of lasagna down his throat in one swallow.

And by "working," I mean "sleeping."

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Huh. Garfield always struck me as way more working* class than the snooty Morris. Hard to picture Morris throwing an entire pan of lasagna down his throat in one swallow.

And by "working," I mean "sleeping."
    I assume he was referring to the way that both Morris and (at least early) Garfield were a bit arrogant, easily annoyed at their owners and/or ill tempered (I hesitate to use the term "grumpy").

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    I assume he was referring to the way that both Morris and (at least early) Garfield were a bit arrogant, easily annoyed at their owners and/or ill tempered (I hesitate to use the term "grumpy").
    I can see it, there are a ton of early strips that were basically just Garfield refusing to eat what his owner gave him and voicing his displeasure in various ways.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So Garfield now hates Mondays and liberals?
    Ha! You win the internet!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

If they can make a Garfield movie that's as good as the Garfield and Friends show that was on Saturday mornings back in the '80s, then I'm interested.