Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who do you enjoy as a guest star but not on their own?

So out of all the heroes in the Marvel Universe who do you like as a guest star in someone's book but not is a series of their own?

For me it is Doctor Strange. I love seeing him as a guest in books with other heroes and teams but when it comes down to it I dont really enjoy reading most of his solo stuff. I am not into the magic as much and I enjoy it on a limited basis. I keep up with the character enough to know what is going on with him but not enough to read his stories in detail.

So how about you? Who do you all enjoy as a guest but not so much as a solo? This could be a single character or a group.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Definitely, my choice would be...

Johnny Blaze

Iron Fist.
    Captain america (steve)
    Fantastic Four
    Punisher
    The Royal Family of Attilan .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-02-2021 at 09:03 AM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Hulk
    Venom
    Ghost Rider
    Blade
    Morbius
    Carnage
    Cable
    Punisher
    War Machine

I'm starting to a type I don't like in a solo run - "alpha type" eXXXtreme males; to me they are just not interesting

Extraordinary Member

Captain America, both Steve and Sam

Spiderman
    The X-men
    Iron man
    Daredevil

Nova (Richard Rider)
    Silver Surfer (though SS Black was worth getting for the art alone)

I think I have to go with Spiderman. Every time I read him in a Fantastic Four comic or event I quite enjoy him but the thought (and various attempts) of diving into his corner of the Marvel Universe is a chore for me. I have nothing against him as a character but he occupies such a vast corner of the universe with so many auxiliary characters that I just don't have the capacity or desire to learn about since I'm already heavily invested in the Fantastic Four and X-Men, who both also occupy very large spaces in the universe and have their own convoluted mythos.

When he shows up in other books it's always "Hey, it's Spidey! How cool!" and I enjoy it and leave it at that.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 11-02-2021 at 05:28 AM.

I'd probably say Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I'd probably say Punisher.
    See with me on this? I am the opposite. I hate seeing Punisher hang around with Captain America, Daredevil or Spiderman. But on his own I can read him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Groot. I wouldn't want to read a solo book with him, it would be horribly repetitive.
    You wouldnt want 24 characters of the main character using the "I am Groot." Line over and over making up 75 percent of the dialogue in the story? Man I dont get fans sometimes!

I’d have to say Peter Parker for me. I like him as a guest star, but I can only seem to read his book when someone else is starring in it like Ben or SpOck.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-02-2021 at 01:23 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ultimate Member

So far I can only tolerate the F4 as guest stars without their annoying 'quirks'. At least in that case I can pay attention to other characters

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I’d have to say Peter Parker for me. I like him as a guest star, but I can only seem to read his book when some else is starring in it like Ben or SpOck.
    Ooh, strong statement

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I’d have to say Peter Parker for me. I like him as a guest star, but I can only seem to read his book when some else is starring in it like Ben or SpOck.
    *Nods in agreement* I also fall into this category.

Maybe I'll reword it and say - "... but I can only seem to enjoy his book when some else is starring in it..."