Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I also loved him when he showed up in West Coast Avengers. I loved when he talked to Spider Woman and made reference to the time he was trapped under all that rubble in the Master Planner Saga.
    Decided to check that out:

(West Coast Avengers#86)

It's a nice moment, even though it really wouldn't need both of them to escape, Spidey even points out the Master Planner situation was worse.

Deathweb also look like fun villains, despite the tryhard name, they're unapologelically silver age villains, at least in that story lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It sure was. I loved how in those pages, Kelly Thompson really got across how much Mary Jane meant to Peter.
    It's also nice to see Spidey reacting different from the usual, since in those situations, he usually becomes super angry and goes beating up everyone until he finds out who's guilty, so seeing him desperate and confused is nice, and while that was obviously done so he doesn't take over Jones' comic, at least they got rid of him in a way that didn't look odd.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Completely understandable, considering the creative team involved (LOL):
    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0LhaqQyx5...c42/RCO002.jpg
    I didn't recognize such things back then, I just remembered it had a lot of Spidey, which when remembering years later made me think it was a Spidey story where he just happens to help Thor during it lol.

Guess you're right about his morning routine, 'cause Spidey really gave Masterson's Thor a run for his money a few issues later (LOL):
    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wv4H_7zwT...c42/RCO002.jpg
    Damn, must be some good breakfast that Thor recommended lol.

Pretty sure Spidey wouldn't need that breakfast to beat up Aaron's Thor though .

Yes it was. I really loved it because I love Julia. She is my favorite Spider Woman.
    Huh, I knew she would be someone's favorite, but I'm still kinda surprised to find someone who thinks so.

Not saying she's a bad character, but with Jessica being the classic one and Marvel coming up with a new Spider-Woman every 10 years, Julia's kinda not really remembered lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Lol, i knew that DeFalco was involved, that read like his writting.
    While I can't say I recognize DeFalco's writing style (Annoyingly enough I only seem to recognize bad speech patterns), the dialogue does read like it's from a Spidey comic, not when a random writer does a 12 second research on Spidey and has him being annoying.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-03-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Yea sadly she is not remembered. She is really under rated as a Spider Woman. I cant think of a Spiderwoman that ahs come out since her I like Better.
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-04-2021 at 03:21 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

^^^Sad to hear what's been happening with Julia. Always liked her Psi-Webs (XD)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It sure was. I loved how in those pages, Kelly Thompson really got across how much Mary Jane meant to Peter.
    I think it also shows how well Jessica Jones gets Peter. Yet another reason I want Pete/MJ and Jess/Luke to be shown hanging out as friends.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think it also shows how well Jessica Jones gets Peter. Yet another reason I want Pete/MJ and Jess/Luke to be shown hanging out as friends.
    Jessica Peter is such an underrated friendship

Yea sadly she is not remembered. She is really under rated as a Spider Woman. I cant think of a Spiderman that ahs come out since her I like Better.
    She definitely benefited from Marvel's "explain everything" stuff, 'cause after Secret Wars, she showed up in random places, in X-Men comics, Iron Man's, Spectacular Spidey's, and each one revealed either a bit of her past, or current situation, so without the over explanation, keeping track of who she is or what she's doing would be a headache, then she shows up more consistently in West Coast Avengers, which tells her origin, and then her mini recontextualizes her origin a bit more... Basically considering she showed up at random, the over-explanation made it less annoying to know who she is, though I guess it'd look annoying for readers who don't care about her and the very blatant advertisement those stories were for a mini that never happened lol.

Can't really say how well she was handled as a character though, what I checked up until Spectacular#126 (without speed reading that is) had her as a character who wasn't really sure about Freedom Force, was on the run and missing her daughter, then basically became forced to be a secret agent with a shitty boss who basically wanted to enslave her, sounds like it could do some cool drama, but I wasn't really feeling it... And the impression I got from checking out West Coast Avengers#84~86 had her being little more than a worried mother, but maybe there's more, 'cause again, was speed reading those and some issues of her mini.

^^^Sad to hear what's been happening with Julia. Always liked her Psi-Webs (XD)

The legs on that last panel look hella awkward.

Anyways, I have this theory that Grim Hunt was made to trim down the amount of Spider-Women, since it conveniently got rid of Julia as an adult Spider-Woman, and Mattie as the Spider-Girl (She went by Spider-Woman, but was around Anya's age), so at least, unlike Mattie, she was lucky enough to not have been killed, and while deaths may not be permanent with super-heroes, it's better to not be dead to begin with, even if being Madame Web makes her not do much.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Jessica Peter is such an underrated friendship
    Honestly kinda baffling that Peter specifically trusted Jones and Luke with his secret identity, but they don't hang out much.

Hell, considering that because of MCU, Daredevil is also friends with Jones and Luke, you'd expect Jones, Luke, Matt and Peter to hang out with each other, but it doesn't happen lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The legs on that last panel look hella awkward.

Anyways, I have this theory that Grim Hunt was made to trim down the amount of Spider-Women, since it conveniently got rid of Julia as an adult Spider-Woman, and Mattie as the Spider-Girl (She went by Spider-Woman, but was around Anya's age), so at least, unlike Mattie, she was lucky enough to not have been killed, and while deaths may not be permanent with super-heroes, it's better to not be dead to begin with, even if being Madame Web makes her not do much.
    Sad to hear Mattie's no longer with us. Still have vivid memories about her predicament from The Underneath (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Alias_Vol_1_16)

Extraordinary Member

Sad to hear Mattie's no longer with us. Still have vivid memories about her predicament from The Underneath (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Alias_Vol_1_16)

Mattie was one of the best, specially since she was like an actual good legacy and not trashing Spider-man every time they teamed up like Cindy and even Jessica and Gwen.Even Miles disrespects him in Spider-geddon smh....

I'm fine w/ her death but she should have been recognized in Last remains and also Peter should have met her in Clone Conspiracy instead of whoever else they did that w/.

While I can't say I recognize DeFalco's writing style (Annoyingly enough I only seem to recognize bad speech patterns), the dialogue does read like it's from a Spidey comic, not when a random writer does a 12 second research on Spidey and has him being annoying.
    Not surprising, DeFalco started reading Spider-Man in Amazing Fantasy #15, he probably knows more about the characther than anyone in this forum, maybe Marvel even, i remember that he pretty much made the encyclopedia of the characther back in the 2000. I sort of think of him as the counterpart of Dan Slott, someone that clearly knows a lot about the characther, writes in a very Silver age-like tone and even share some similar opinions (their favoritr villain is Doc Ock, DeFalco was the first one that actually gave him a backstory), but you know less mean spirited toward the characther.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/6DboHRqZGM...hwa3Qqjc=s1600
    I mean, she's been dead for like, 11 years at this point lol.

Mattie was one of the best, specially since she was like an actual good legacy and not trashing Spider-man every time they teamed up like Cindy and even Jessica and Gwen.Even Miles disrespects him in Spider-geddon smh....
    Miles "disrespecting" him there was weird, since it sounded like he was about to talk **** about whatever dystopian world he thought Spidey was from, but aside from that he just told him to not fight Solus, which's very fair lol.

I'm fine w/ her death but she should have been recognized in Last remains and also Peter should have met her in Clone Conspiracy instead of whoever else they did that w/.
    The annoying thing is that he did talk with Mattie, in Silk's tie-in, where their interaction is them saying "hi" to each other:

https://i.imgur.com/TdECz2Z.jpg

(Silk#17 vol 2)

Guess it's better than nothing...

Mattie is also unfortunately not remembered, hell, she's JJ's niece, that hardly ever comes up, even when talking about the people who died around him, I think only Slott remembered that:

https://i.imgur.com/0LUW4YJ.png

(ASM#798)

Guess she's like George Stacy in that regard, he generally isn't remembered either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Not surprising, DeFalco started reading Spider-Man in Amazing Fantasy #15, he probably knows more about the characther than anyone in this forum, maybe Marvel even, i remember that he pretty much made the encyclopedia of the characther back in the 2000.
    It also helps that he wrote Spidey for a while, so it'd be weirder if he wrote Spidey in a way that sounded too different, like, y'know, what Slott did in F4#37 vol 6 lol.

I sort of think of him as the counterpart of Dan Slott, someone that clearly knows a lot about the characther, writes in a very Silver age-like tone and even share some similar opinions (their favoritr villain is Doc Ock, DeFalco was the first one that actually gave him a backstory), but you know less mean spirited toward the characther.
    Heh, that really does sound like he's a Slott counterpart, and that backstory kinda made Otto more sympathetic than he should be, something Slott picked up and amplified to ridiculous levels.

Checking out Spider-Man Unlimited#18 here, man...

It looks like Peter and MJ are gonna have sex because they're talking about Otto, that's... Yeah.

Edit: And since this thread is about Spidey cameos, here's Spidey punching Storm:

(Giant Size Astonishing X-Men).
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-04-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, she's been dead for like, 11 years at this point lol.

Miles "disrespecting" him there was weird, since it sounded like he was about to talk **** about whatever dystopian world he thought Spidey was from, but aside from that he just told him to not fight Solus, which's very fair lol.

The annoying thing is that he did talk with Mattie, in Silk's tie-in, where their interaction is them saying "hi" to each other:

https://i.imgur.com/TdECz2Z.jpg

(Silk#17 vol 2)

Guess it's better than nothing...

Mattie is also unfortunately not remembered, hell, she's JJ's niece, that hardly ever comes up, even when talking about the people who died around him, I think only Slott remembered that:

https://i.imgur.com/0LUW4YJ.png

(ASM#798)

Guess she's like George Stacy in that regard, he generally isn't remembered either.

It also helps that he wrote Spidey for a while, so it'd be weirder if he wrote Spidey in a way that sounded too different, like, y'know, what Slott did in F4#37 vol 6 lol.

Heh, that really does sound like he's a Slott counterpart, and that backstory kinda made Otto more sympathetic than he should be, something Slott picked up and amplified to ridiculous levels.

Checking out Spider-Man Unlimited#18 here, man...

It looks like Peter and MJ are gonna have sex because they're talking about Otto, that's... Yeah.

Edit: And since this thread is about Spidey cameos, here's Spidey punching Storm:

(Giant Size Astonishing X-Men).
    That one with Storm was great...Peter was the first to realize it was not real because he made a giant web to catch the giant bullet from space.

Extraordinary Member

Won't quote because it too long

1)Miles was a bit out of line, buddy needs to calm down.The "Miles being the leader w/Ock" was stupid as f*ck.Ock I get, I would even get Miguel or Julia or Drew but Miles ain't leader material yet when those options are available.Also marvel dumb enough to make a Spidey event and sideline Spider-man, so glad it's the worst one.Maybe they'll learn something

2)God, that's bad.A page convo atleast.BRUH

Need someone to acknowledge Mattie in ASM rn and do it w/ Peter.Not w/ Silk or someone who has no connection to her

3)Great moment, also shows Peter has better defenses for illusions than those trained to fight this stuff

That one with Storm was great...Peter was the first to realize it was not real because he made a giant web to catch the giant bullet from space.
    Just wish he wasn't punching people to get them out of the trance, or at the very least say that he tried to shake them out of it and it didn't work and he decided to go for an "all or nothing" and get more aggressive, 'cause after this he was punching Strange off-screen with Storm thinking that maybe he's punching Strange so much for another reason.

Guess Whedon thought it'd be funny to have Spidey punching Storm and decided to go for this...
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-04-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Just wish he wasn't punching people to get them out of the trance, or at the very least say that he tried to shake them out of it and it didn't work and he decided to go for an "all or nothing" and get more aggressive, 'cause after this he was punching Strange off-screen with Storm thinking that maybe he's punching Strange so much for another reason.

Guess Whedon thought it'd be funny to have Spidey punching Storm and decided to go for this...
    Worth it just for the panel

Won't quote because it too long

1)Miles was a bit out of line, buddy needs to calm down.
    I mean, fighting daddy-Morlum would be stressful lol.

The "Miles being the leader w/Ock" was stupid as f*ck.Ock I get, I would even get Miguel or Julia or Drew but Miles ain't leader material yet when those options are available.Also marvel dumb enough to make a Spidey event and sideline Spider-man, so glad it's the worst one.Maybe they'll learn something
    Like Spidey being involved would improve this event, Spider-Geddon is just Spider-Verse without some of the most annoying parts, Peter's presence ain't gonna save it.

Also kinda funny Julia wasn't involved in it at all, last time there was an excuse since she was in a coma, this time, uh, she had to take Rachel to school I guess.

2)God, that's bad.A page convo atleast.BRUH
    Yeah, it's whatever lol.

Need someone to acknowledge Mattie in ASM rn and do it w/ Peter.Not w/ Silk or someone who has no connection to her
    Thinking of it, I don't think Kindred got Mattie's body in Last Remains, which is baffling, 'cause he got DeWolff's body, and while a lot of the dead people there can be blamed indirectly on Spidey, DeWolff's has nothing to do with him (Sin Eater killed her because, he wanted to kill her, and Spencer made no retcons to change that).

Even weirder considering that Kindred was using the other Spiders to blame Peter for ****, yet, he doesn't pick the Spider who indirectly died because of him? Huh... Weird I didn't realize this before.

3)Great moment, also shows Peter has better defenses for illusions than those trained to fight this stuff
    Eh, it's because he realized how stupid the situation was, with him stopping a giant, planet destroying space bullet with... Some webs, he just realized something was wrong, and Storm mentions later on that "stronger" characters are in a deeper hypnosis:

(Giant Size Astonishing X-Men)

So the unlikely way he stopped the bullet, and him being on a weaker hypnosis, yeah, this story isn't really saying he's good at resisting mental attacks.

Worth it just for the panel
    Oh yeah, that's definitely good for out of context stuff lol.