Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWHPRjQLrrP/

Peter in the new Hulk 1 (so glad it's Peter)

Peter and Hulk an underrated duo from when Peter helped Bruce escape to their Immortal hulk tie-in comic.(Lukmendes please do your thing w/ the scans)

Also why Ryan Ottley didn't do ASM for the whole run

"Which is physically impossible unless they made the book monthly. Which they weren’t willing to do, two a month for their top book is what they demanded so multiple artists is needed."

I'm glad Cates has him here, he did say he want's ASM at one point so I'd like to see his version of Peter.That and we should have gotten a lot more of Peter in the whole Venom/KIB stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CWHPRjQLrrP/

Peter in the new Hulk 1 (so glad it's Peter)

Peter and Hulk an underrated duo from when Peter helped Bruce escape to their Immortal hulk tie-in comic.(Lukmendes please do your thing w/ the scans)
    Heh, first TheCape, now you, guess me posting scans so much can make it into an expectation lol.

Not complaining, just pointing out.

https://i.imgur.com/UZCMonw.png

(Immortal Hulk: Great Power)

You talking about this one right? This is the only time I remember where Spidey and Devil Hulk interacted (Spidey talked with Banner in the Immortal Hulk's Absolute Carnage tie-in, but it both had no bonding and Spidey only talked with Banner, closest thing to Devil Hulk interacting with Spidey there was him throwing a crate at Spidey), but then again, I didn't keep up with Hulk's other appearances.

The execution of the story is a bit awkward, but it's a nice reminder that Spidey has sympathy for the Hulk, I think the first time he showed that was all the way back in ASM Annual#3, wonder how many of their other interactions had stuff like that.

Also why Ryan Ottley didn't do ASM for the whole run

"Which is physically impossible unless they made the book monthly. Which they weren’t willing to do, two a month for their top book is what they demanded so multiple artists is needed."
    Wish it wasn't so bad that issues had more than one artist lol.

I'm glad Cates has him here,
    We'll see if he even says anything important, or interesting lol.

he did say he want's ASM at one point so I'd like to see his version of Peter.That and we should have gotten a lot more of Peter in the whole Venom/KIB stuff
    What he showed of Peter in Absolute Carnage, at least the personality was good, I actually found it interesting how overall the Venom run is on a more depressing mood, but Spidey showing up and joking with Eddie lightened it, and that's an interesting way to use him.

Still not really sure about Cates writing Spidey, he's very hit and miss... But hey, if it happens I'll give him a chance.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-14-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Heh, first TheCape, now you, guess me posting scans so much can make it into an expectation lol.

You talking about this one right? This is the only time I remember where Spidey and Devil Hulk interacted (Spidey talked with Banner in the Immortal Hulk's Absolute Carnage tie-in, but it both had no bonding and Spidey only talked with Banner, closest thing to Devil Hulk interacting with Spidey there was him throwing a crate at Spidey), but then again, I didn't keep up with Hulk's other appearances.

The execution of the story is a bit awkward, but it's a nice reminder that Spidey has sympathy for the Hulk, I think the first time he showed that was all the way back in ASM Annual#3, wonder how many of their other interactions had stuff like that.
    Thanks a lot, this is what I meant.

Agreed, hopefully after Beyond it's just one artist

Yeah, atleast he has dialogue and not just a backgroun character****** case scenario is Peter telling them hot he think they could kill the hulk as he said he's thought about, worst case would be a ill-times joke.

What he showed of Peter in Absolute Carnage, at least the personality was good, I actually found it interesting how overall the Venom run is on a more depressing mood, but Spidey showing up and joking with Eddie lightened it, and that's an interesting way to use him.

Still not really sure about Cates writing Spidey, he's very hit and miss... But hey, if it happens I'll give him a chance.
    I agree, I want him to write more Spidey outside of ASM to show interest in him and also to show us how he writes Spidey while getting a better idea himself.

In contrast, someone like Kelly could have used Spider-man in the future scenario in Captain marvel but chose not to.It reflects in her writing when she sidelines Ben to write her daughters of the dragon + Monica instead in recent ASM.

I don't remember asking for scans lol. I just said that you were the expert in Dikto's run and also i think that i said that your dark future is to be "more Spider-Man trivia than man", but maybe i missremembering lol.

As for Taylor's story, it was nice and as you said is a good reminder than Peter feels some sympathy for Hulk/Banner and i suppose that Hulk still remember that figth in the Byrne/Mackie era when Peter thought that MJ was death and got into a fight with the Hulk out of grief, Hull has lost Betty at some point and eventually just let Peter vent his anger and sadness, then they both fix the train tracks that the destroy during their fight to save a coming train. It was an ok moment.

Cates writing Spider-Man....hmmm is difficult to say, while i don't think that it would be terrible (his Peter would probably come as a bit annoying thought), his plots tend to be (in my expirience) a bit lackluster after the first two arcs.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    As for Taylor's story, it was nice and as you said is a good reminder than Peter feels some sympathy for Hulk/Banner and i suppose that Hulk still remember that figth in the Byrne/Mackie era when Peter thought that MJ was death and got into a fight with the Hulk out of grief, Hull has lost Betty at some point and eventually just let Peter vent his anger and sadness, then they both fix the train tracks that the destroy during their fight to save a coming train. It was an ok moment.

Cates writing Spider-Man....hmmm is difficult to say, while i don't think that it would be terrible (his Peter would probably come as a bit annoying thought), his plots tend to be (in my expirience) a bit lackluster after the first two arcs.
    Spidey beats the hulk w/ a joke

https://imgur.com/t/hulk/2vw9Drb

Spider-man is hulk's friend(Idk if this is canon)

https://imgur.com/gallery/ni9fh

MTU 126 had one of the best Hulk Spidey stories, highly recommended. A great showcase of Peter's sympathy to Bruce.

In contrast, someone like Kelly could have used Spider-man in the future scenario in Captain marvel but chose not to.It reflects in her writing when she sidelines Ben to write her daughters of the dragon + Monica instead in recent ASM.
    Kinda funny Ben's getting replaced when he's replacing Peter .

I don't remember asking for scans lol. I just said that you were the expert in Dikto's run and also i think that i said that your dark future is to be "more Spider-Man trivia than man", but maybe i missremembering lol.
    It's when you mentioned that Peter and Betty may have been kissed on-screen, and you said you'll wait for me to check out if they did. What I meant was the expectation that I'll post scans if they did lol.

Considering the era, surprising Hulk didn't tell Peter to move on lol.

Yeah his Venom run was definitely better at first, but then it became whatever, symbiote decided to pretend its brain dead for... Some reason, Absolute Carnage started cool but quickly became whatever, King in Black was always whatever, though I do like the idea that Captain Universe is the "God of Light".

That's from Marvel Adventures: Super-Heroes#1, it's an all ages continuity.

It created its own love interest for Spidey, Chat, she was alright, though at times too overpowered (She's a mutant who can talk with animals), also had the weird thing of Emma Frost having a crush on Spidey lol.

That aside, stories in it were pretty fun, at least as far as I've checked, was actually funny that at the time, I was also reading Slott's run, wondering if I was too annoying to please since I wasn't enjoying stories other people did, then I checked out some Spidey stories from Marvel Adventures, and actually enjoyed the stories lol.

MTU 126 had one of the best Hulk Spidey stories, highly recommended. A great showcase of Peter's sympathy to Bruce.

This actually reminds me how someone, I think it was Huntsman Spider, pointed out how Hulk could really relate to the X-Men, but they hardly ever interact, although he did relate to their suffering in World War Hulk: X-Men#3.

Extraordinary Member

Again thanks for scans, also Hulk and Spidey are def. the 2 people who can relate to X-men

Spidey beats the hulk w/ a joke

https://imgur.com/t/hulk/2vw9Drb

I just read it, it was a nice story, short but sweet.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Kinda funny Ben's getting replaced when he's replacing Peter .

It's when you mentioned that Peter and Betty may have been kissed on-screen, and you said you'll wait for me to check out if they did. What I meant was the expectation that I'll post scans if they did lol.

Considering the era, surprising Hulk didn't tell Peter to move on lol.

Yeah his Venom run was definitely better at first, but then it became whatever, symbiote decided to pretend its brain dead for... Some reason, Absolute Carnage started cool but quickly became whatever, King in Black was always whatever, though I do like the idea that Captain Universe is the "God of Light".

That's from Marvel Adventures: Super-Heroes#1, it's an all ages continuity.

It created its own love interest for Spidey, Chat, she was alright, though at times too overpowered (She's a mutant who can talk with animals), also had the weird thing of Emma Frost having a crush on Spidey lol.

That aside, stories in it were pretty fun, at least as far as I've checked, was actually funny that at the time, I was also reading Slott's run, wondering if I was too annoying to please since I wasn't enjoying stories other people did, then I checked out some Spidey stories from Marvel Adventures, and actually enjoyed the stories lol.

This actually reminds me how someone, I think it was Huntsman Spider, pointed out how Hulk could really relate to the X-Men, but they hardly ever interact, although he did relate to their suffering in World War Hulk: X-Men#3.
    Honestly, i wasn't expecting scans, i thought that you would just say "it happened in this issue" or "strangely it never happened", but the point stands lol.

If Hulk was acting like everyone in Peter's life at the time, he would have tried to set him on date with his Jennifer or something like that, everyone was kind of a dick when it came to Peter's grief. Or maybe Hulk would have taken Peter to space and marry some hot alien chick, Hulk nice friend like that sometimes .

I enjoy his run on Venom until Absolute Carnage, everything after that was pretty whatever, same happen with his Thor run, i enjoyed it until like halfway into his second arc, it wasn't awfull or anything, but pretty forgetable overall.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

If Hulk was acting like everyone in Peter's life at the time, he would have tried to set him on date with his Jennifer or something like that, everyone was kind of a dick when it came to Peter's grief. Or maybe Hulk would have taken Peter to space and marry some hot alien chick, Hulk nice friend like that sometimes .
    I think Jennifer would still be annoyed with Peter after that time in Conway's Spectacular run where he kept antagonizing her because someone disguised as her attacked him and Spidey was too stupid to realize it was a disguise .

I enjoy his run on Venom until Absolute Carnage, everything after that was pretty whatever, same happen with his Thor run, i enjoyed it until like halfway into his second arc, it wasn't awfull or anything, but pretty forgetable overall.
    It became kinda whatever before that for me, just lost its gas, and that's without talking about the boring retcons, like making Eddie's father be the "violent dad" abusive type instead of "emotionally distant" type he was before.

It seems to be a thing with Cates in general, strong starts, but it just becomes less interesting over time, Absolute Carnage itself was better on the first chapters, then worse on the lasts, and I guess King in Black was more consistent, but, it was never interesting even at the beginning lol.

Still really like Captain Universe being the "God of Light" though, and it's also kinda funny how Spidey had both the "light" and "dark", since he got both Captain Universe itself, and a symbiote, guess he really is the town's bicycle, or rather, the universe's, since even aliens want him

Extraordinary Member

Spider-man had an apperance in last Shang chi issue and was the only one who seemed friendly to Shang

Peter this week has a small dialogue in the hulk asking Strange if anyone else is confused by what he's saying about Banner

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Spider-man had an apperance in last Shang chi issue and was the only one who seemed friendly to Shang

Peter this week has a small dialogue in the hulk asking Strange if anyone else is confused by what he's saying about Banner
    I read the Shang-Chi one for him. He was the only one of the assembled heroes (Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and Reed Richards/Mister Fantastic) still willing to give Shang-Chi a chance and the benefit of the doubt. I did like that aspect, though sadly, it seems Shang-Chi will be short of allies on both sides of the proverbial fence . . . and I wouldn't be surprised if his disgruntled family members start plotting to overthrow him as leader of the Five Weapons Society.
    The spider is always on the hunt.