#34 - EXCALIBUR #23 - 55,402
    #52 - X-MEN ONSLAUGHT REVELATION #1 - 38,501
    #59 - HELLIONS #15 - 32,527
    #66 - MARAUDERS #24 - 29,786
    #68 - NEW MUTANTS #21 - 29,104
    #70 - X-MEN LEGENDS #7 - 27,254
    #75 - SWORD #8 - 26,245
    #86 - X-CORP #5 - 22,273

Welp damn I don't get why SWORD was doing so bad. Al Ewing was doing great on that series.

Also shocked the Excalibur is doing well but good for TH guess she might be sticking around after all.

And New Mutants is very good IMO sucks that it is so low.

Percy and Ayala need to not drag out their stories and I hope they adapt if they get titles during the refresh/reboot.

It's the cast. Excalibur will always be held up by the fact it has Betsy, Gambit, Jubilee, and (formerly) Rogue.

Compare its sales to X-Corp which has much less known characters and is selling the lowest. SWORD has the same problem, Ewing is a good writer but it's hard to get readers to pick up a book with only a few recognizable characters (outside of Magneto and now Storm).

Good for Excalibur, which has improved over the last few issues. There's a lot of Marvel UK readers from back in the day that have been checking it out due to some deep cut characters appearing. It's no Hellions though, of course.

Surprised to see X-Force towards the top but good for Percy. And I hope X-Men keeps the momentum going.
    Last edited by JB; 11-02-2021 at 03:56 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Amazing Member

Well I hope SWORD is doing well in digital sales, considering that's actually where the X-Line's main sales comes from (at least according to Hickman, I tend to believe him).

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm honestly shocked Marvel didn't decide to relaunch New Mutants along with the other x books next year. They could have even kept Vita, just seems weird not to with the low sales.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura99 View Post
    Well I hope SWORD is doing well in digital sales, considering that's actually where the X-Line's main sales comes from (at least according to Hickman, I tend to believe him).
    I don’t think he said that, I think it was that the X-titles do better in digital than most other books.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Welp damn I don't get why SWORD was doing so bad. Al Ewing was doing great on that series.

Also shocked the Excalibur is doing well but good for TH guess she might be sticking around after all.

And New Mutants is very good IMO sucks that it is so low.

Percy and Ayala need to not drag out their stories and I hope they adapt if they get titles during the refresh/reboot.
    The switch to Arakko and Storm just aint as interesting as the concept the book had before the Gala.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The switch to Arakko and Storm just aint as interesting as the concept the book had before the Gala.
    100% agree. Sword was so much more interesting and frankly better when it was about Brand's manipulations and schemes as well as showcasing mutant circuits like the six and focusing on galactic power plays. Also seeing mutants like Manifold get the spotlight was great, now Ewing seems to have pulled a bait and switch. The book has become a Storm focus book co-staring Old Man Cable and Arakko, while the original cast has been relegated to secondary bystanders status. It's all about Mars politics and Storm doing feats now. That may appeal to some readers but clearly not enough to increase sales. And all the readers who wanted to read more about Brand, Manifold, Frenzy, Peepers and the rest are not feeling this new book.

It’s been a Storm book for all of two issues and Old Man Cable showed up for the first time in the book in the November issue. LOL. So I don’t think that’s why the sales are where they are in September.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    100% agree. Sword was so much more interesting and frankly better when it was about Brand's manipulations and schemes as well as showcasing mutant circuits like the six and focusing on galactic power plays. Also seeing mutants like Manifold get the spotlight was great, now Ewing seems to have pulled a bait and switch. The book has become a Storm focus book co-staring Old Man Cable and Arakko, while the original cast has been relegated to secondary bystanders status. It's all about Mars politics and Storm doing feats now. That may appeal to some readers but clearly not enough to increase sales. And all the readers who wanted to read more about Brand, Manifold, Frenzy, Peepers and the rest are not feeling this new book.
    Storm was barely in the last issue and the focus was on the diplomatic drama/assassinations, which I personally find very interesting. It also hinted at a possible power struggle between Brand and Storm. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what it turns into come the line relaunch.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Oh no! The book I totally hate sold 5k issues less than the book I totally love!

Therefore, the characters I don't like need to be retired and all my faves deserve solos.

If Marvel listens to me, all their problems will be solved.

I know that despite the millions they make every day, my least favorite book selling 3K less than most books is something that keeps them up later at night in their multi-million mansions!!!!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I am so surprised that Excalibutt is doing way better then SWORD. Makes me less sure that the title will continue after XLoW en XDoW.

I believe we only have New Mutants and X-Men officially confirmed, right?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I am so surprised that Excalibutt is doing way better then SWORD.
    As already stated in this thread, this is due to the September 11th Memorial story for X-Force and Excalibur in September. Their previous sales numbers were 34,149 for X-Force in August and 32,874 for Excalibur in July, and we all know that numbers almost never increase, barring temporary sales stunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I am so surprised that Excalibutt is doing way better then SWORD. Makes me less sure that the title will continue after XLoW en XDoW.

I believe we only have New Mutants and X-Men officially confirmed, right?
    Marauders is confirmed too
    Be kind, it's FREE