Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It’s been a Storm book for all of two issues and Old Man Cable showed up for the first time in the book in the November issue. LOL. So I don’t think that’s why the sales are where they are in September.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    100% agree. Sword was so much more interesting and frankly better when it was about Brand's manipulations and schemes as well as showcasing mutant circuits like the six and focusing on galactic power plays. Also seeing mutants like Manifold get the spotlight was great, now Ewing seems to have pulled a bait and switch. The book has become a Storm focus book co-staring Old Man Cable and Arakko, while the original cast has been relegated to secondary bystanders status. It's all about Mars politics and Storm doing feats now. That may appeal to some readers but clearly not enough to increase sales. And all the readers who wanted to read more about Brand, Manifold, Frenzy, Peepers and the rest are not feeling this new book.
    Storm was barely in the last issue and the focus was on the diplomatic drama/assassinations, which I personally find very interesting. It also hinted at a possible power struggle between Brand and Storm. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what it turns into come the line relaunch.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Oh no! The book I totally hate sold 5k issues less than the book I totally love!

Therefore, the characters I don't like need to be retired and all my faves deserve solos.

If Marvel listens to me, all their problems will be solved.

I know that despite the millions they make every day, my least favorite book selling 3K less than most books is something that keeps them up later at night in their multi-million mansions!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Oh no! The book I totally hate sold 5k issues less than the book I totally love!

Therefore, the characters I don't like need to be retired and all my faves deserve solos.

I know that despite the millions they make every day, my least favorite book selling 3K less than most books is something that keeps them up later at night in their multi-million mansions!!!!
    Close the thread cause we already have the winning comment.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Wonder what'll happen to the sales figure data when the various books don't ship for the next few months...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm honestly shocked Marvel didn't decide to relaunch New Mutants along with the other x books next year. They could have even kept Vita, just seems weird not to with the low sales.
    Maybe (unlike you) they wised up and realized pulling this sort of stupid BS done for no real reason really doesn't do anything but piss people off.

Another thing. "Low" sales that are stable for month to month are better than sales that are all over the map during the same period of time.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 11-02-2021 at 11:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel is positioning the start of the next arc as a quasi-relaunch and jumping-on point for New Mutants. They think they can increase sales without going back to issue 1. Of course, in that case I'd think they'd try to have the 2-month gap between the end of the year-plus-long arc and the new jumping-on point, not right before the end of the never-ending arc. If the goal is long-term sales I think they should put out issue 24 on time even if there isn't enough paper to ship all the copies it would normally sell. If they try to advertise issue 25 during the 2-month delay since it's the jumping-on point they're pushing, new readers will encounter issue 24 first, which is not the story that's being pushed to them and not a good first issue since it's the end of an 11-issue arc, which could turn people off from starting the new story. If they put out issue 24 on time and then take 2 months to advertise issue 25 any new readers will get the story that was advertised and are more likely to stick around. The way they're doing it just seems like it's shooting themselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post

Wait, do they make money selling the funny books? I thought that was what the movie studio was for.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I am so surprised that Excalibutt is doing way better then SWORD. Makes me less sure that the title will continue after XLoW en XDoW.

I believe we only have New Mutants and X-Men officially confirmed, right?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I am so surprised that Excalibutt is doing way better then SWORD.
    As already stated in this thread, this is due to the September 11th Memorial story for X-Force and Excalibur in September. Their previous sales numbers were 34,149 for X-Force in August and 32,874 for Excalibur in July, and we all know that numbers almost never increase, barring temporary sales stunts.

Mighty Member

The sales of New Mutants is still quite close to that of Marauders, so it's considered not too bad although it's low.

However, I've already said in previous threads that if they don't change the writer for New Mutants , the sales is going to go lower and lower.

I find some of her stories boring and long-drawn. The only story I liked was the resurrection of Karma's brother but there was no follow-up.

Reboot with a new writer with Zeb Wells's caliber or give the New Mutants back to Chris Claremont.
    Last edited by ericng; 11-03-2021 at 04:30 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yes, eh! LOL.
    The ridiculous complaints are quite entertaining.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm honestly shocked Marvel didn't decide to relaunch New Mutants along with the other x books next year. They could have even kept Vita, just seems weird not to with the low sales.
    I thought I was the only one with a similar opinion except that I think Vita should only write Children of the Atom and not New Mutants.

New Mutants should get a new writer and focus on the classic New Mutants members. Children of the Atom should focus on the 'newer younger' mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    The sales of New Mutants is still quite close to that of Marauders, so it's considered not too bad although it's low.

However, I've already said in previous threads that if they don't change the writer for New Mutants , the sales is going to go lower and lower.

I find some of her stories boring and long-drawn. The only story I liked was the resurrection of Karma's brother but there was no follow-up.

Reboot with a new writer with Zeb Wells's caliber or give the New Mutants back to Chris Claremont.
    The fact that you've been waiting for these sales figures to come out in the hopes that New Mutants would be the lowest and when they weren't you still wanna make some argument to remove the writer. News flash: pretty much all comics sales go down issue by issue unless it's Batman or Amazing Spider-Man. It's perfectly fine that you don't like the writer, but this narrative you keep spinning is getting old.

Incredible Member

As someone who doesn't like Ayala`s writing, at leas is better than Benjamin Percy, and they gave him a whole event.