Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    KiB still having those speedrun twists would be even more annoying lol.

Oh no, a plot hole in a super-hero comic book, how novel .

It's worth pointing out Jackal is a huge part of the reason Jessica is super powered:

https://i.imgur.com/blTBFwP.png

https://i.imgur.com/x0YG8yl.png

(Spider-Woman: Origin#1)

Since he accidentaly activated a device that affected Jessica while she was in her mother's womb.

And this isn't a forgotten detail, since Pacheco mentions Warren in Spider-Woman#4 vol 7:

https://i.imgur.com/Y4ghTEv.png

So, considering how convoluted those first issues are, and that Jessica's mother made clones of herself, we can at least say that she learned a thing or two from Jackal .

I haven't checked it out yet, what's she up to in Black Widow?

Also, honestly, wish she at least got some of the magic related stuff back in her life if she got her own comic, being an "nth Spider-Person" is not gonna cut it, specially since she basically lost everything that could make her stand out, from powers to supporting cast, which last I checked made her into Girl-Peter, without everything else that Peter has, so her getting some stuff back could help her out...

Ah yes, Roderick being behind a clone saga, because it's not like he's mocked for being a Norman rip-off, I'm sure him ripping off that a Goblin is behind a clone saga like Norman did would help out
    I don't know anything about Jess solo at the moment, but i would laught if whoever is the big bad of that run claims that Knull coming to earth was totally part of his plan to screw with Jessica lol.

Also damn, i think that i heard something about Jackal being part of her origin at some point, but i imagined that i was just misssremembering. Damn and i also mentioned the Kingsley thing who i think fought her in her previous solo, okay if this story happens i'm gonna be really weirded out, was this part of your plan Luk?, were you a Greg Weisman villain all along?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

.The writing was not amazing in retrospective, MJ lying to Peter for Mysterio of all people and taking down villains like the Rhino w/ one move is highest amount of BS I've seen in a while.
    I lost interest on that series after i saw that plot point of her giving Mysterio that much trust it just didn't feel earned or in characther.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's basically joined Natasha's crime-fighting team of Superheroines.
    Checking out a bit here, Kelly Thompson remembered that Anya has that camouflage power, which surprised me, 'cause it was only really used in the Spider-Island tie-in.

Though I got the impression that she's using web shooters, or at least it looked like she was using something metalic inside her jacket, hope it's not web shooters lol.

But hey, Marvel remembering something is nice, even if that power only makes her look even more like Miles... Oh well.

Her somehow taking down the Savage Six was a bit much (the 2nd arc seemed a little more smaller-scale with her dealing with a masked killer) but I wanted to see the fallout of her deal with Mysterio that we never got.
    I hear that she defeated a Spider-Slayer with a bat once, guess MJ can do some absolute bullshit once in a while.

Meaning that her putting Peter in a sex induced coma like I suggested in another thread wouldn't be far fetched .

I never really got that sense though the main thrust of the first arc was definitely MJ's interaction with Mysterio and her trying to keep the movie going in-spite of him.
    I got the impression that Mysterio was being the most developed character there while MJ was helping him out, it was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Agreed, it should have been another director and Mysterio just sets it up, then have MJ find out and get to Peter and tell him what's going on and then Peter uses that knowledge to get some info on how Kindred brings back the dead which leads him to find the solution that they gave to Doc in Sinister War.
    That could be more interesting, her keeping Mysterio a secret from Peter is, questionable, even if she trusts that Mysterio is doing good now (Which by itself is very questionable), would be better for Peter to know about it, specially since, y'know, Mysterio's own presence caused other super-villains to attack even though Mysterio himself wasn't doing evil shit lol.

Yeah, Jessica is a mess now.I liked older(around new avengers) Jessica, but she's not for me anymore
    Ah, so you prefer Veranke .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I don't know anything about Jess solo at the moment, but i would laught if whoever is the big bad of that run claims that Knull coming to earth was totally part of his plan to screw with Jessica lol.
    Well, then the villain isn't good at planning, 'cause Knull didn't do much to Jessica lol.

Maybe the villain saw Jessica in the 5 seconds she had the Venom symbiote:

https://i.imgur.com/u9ArVy4.png

https://i.imgur.com/qNiGIOE.png

https://i.imgur.com/NQtnbuK.png

https://i.imgur.com/qlFqW78.png

(Venom#161)

And thought she still had it, meaning that everything Eddie went through was a huge misunderstanding since he wasn't the right target .

Also damn, i think that i heard something about Jackal being part of her origin at some point, but i imagined that i was just misssremembering.
    It's honestly weird, he just accidentally is part of the reason she has powers, after a time skip, Jessica's father mentions later that he left to do something else, so he could be replaced by basically anyone and it wouldn't make much of a difference, but I guess Bendis wanted for Jessica to have some connection with Spidey.

Maybe there was an arc planned where Jackal would go after Jessica and Warren being there was a seed planted for it?

Damn and i also mentioned the Kingsley thing who i think fought her in her previous solo,
    That he did, pretty sure it's because of him that Jessica met Porcupine, and if so, he was technically a Goblin-Cupid lol.

okay if this story happens i'm gonna be really weirded out, was this part of your plan Luk?, were you a Greg Weisman villain all along?:P
    Well, I did convince you to read the rest of Symbiotic Spider-Man while not even telling you to read it, so if I'm a Greg Weisman villain, then it's by pure accident.

spoilers:
    Or is it?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I hear that she defeated a Spider-Slayer with a bat once, guess MJ can do some absolute bullshit once in a while.

Meaning that her putting Peter in a sex induced coma like I suggested in another thread wouldn't be far fetched .
    What can't MJ do with a bat ?
    I got the impression that Mysterio was being the most developed character there while MJ was helping him out, it was weird.
    Mysterio's a co-star and they dive into his deal a lot in the 2nd issue but I feel like MJ was still the main character and focus of the book.
    That could be more interesting, her keeping Mysterio a secret from Peter is, questionable, even if she trusts that Mysterio is doing good now (Which by itself is very questionable), would be better for Peter to know about it, specially since, y'know, Mysterio's own presence caused other super-villains to attack even though Mysterio himself wasn't doing evil shit lol.
    There definitely should've been more exploring of the consequences of that (and the fact that MJ was complicit with one of Peter's villains and in a film made via fraud) then what we ended up with.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What can't MJ do with a bat ?

Mysterio's a co-star and they dive into his deal a lot in the 2nd issue but I feel like MJ was still the main character and focus of the book.

There definitely should've been more exploring of the consequences of that (and the fact that MJ was complicit with one of Peter's villains and in a film made via fraud) then what we ended up with.
    The bat would break on him though

Also that MJ mysterio thing is something I wanna say is OOC, but she did it in Sins Past and Jerome "affair".Some of her worst and OOC stories for me but it's still unfortunately canon