Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    His comics are so lame and do not age well. But I remember reading him as a kid and I loved him. I remember I was home from school sick. And my dad saw issue number 1 with Spiderman on the cover. he knew I loved Spiderman and football so he got it for me. I was so happy I ended up getting the whole run!
    Ok. Some comics don’t cross the Pond…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Ok. Some comics don’t cross the Pond…
    Ah okay. yea his code name was Superpro. HE was a former NFl player that turned superhero. The stories are goofy. He did team up with Spiderman, Captain America but he did not last. In fact after the series the only mention of him was a comic a few years ago where Stilt Man came to a meeting with other villains and someone asked why he was late and he said something about having to deal with some idiot in a football uniform trying to play superhero.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ah okay. yea his code name was Superpro. HE was a former NFl player that turned superhero. The stories are goofy. He did team up with Spiderman, Captain America but he did not last. In fact after the series the only mention of him was a comic a few years ago where Stilt Man came to a meeting with other villains and someone asked why he was late and he said something about having to deal with some idiot in a football uniform trying to play superhero.
    Part of the character's short shelf-life may have involved the NFL and licensing. Don't know how long Marvel had the rights to use the NFL logo and such, so even if a writer wanted to revive that character, he may not be able to do so without removing all NFL logos/ties and such.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Part of the character's short shelf-life may have involved the NFL and licensing. Don't know how long Marvel had the rights to use the NFL logo and such, so even if a writer wanted to revive that character, he may not be able to do so without removing all NFL logos/ties and such.
    They no longer have the rights. But when the series ended they did still have the rights at least for a bit longer. The series was just not selling and it was doing bad. From what I heard both sides just decided to cut their losses and let it go. He was just seen as a joke and the attempt to push him with Spiderman in the first issue then he and Captain America fighting Crossbones just didnt work. Coupled with the fact he was clearly and rightfully seen by many as a gimmick character to hype the NFL brand more then the Marvel brand. I love Superpro and may be one of his biggest fans but there were a lot of issues with the series.
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-03-2021 at 08:50 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Flashback from the early 1980s!

Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-03-2021 at 09:57 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I hope I can join in as a newcomer.
    Last edited by Catlady in training; 11-03-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Welcome to the cover contest Hope you survive the experience!

You can, but the source you used to post the cover from is one that doesn't allow hotlinking, and the pic isn't showing up for me. I can see form the URL in the link it's Uncanny X-Men 171, but you might want to find a different source to link.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Gonna go with Aragones this week:

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    You can, but the source you used to post the cover from is one that doesn't allow hotlinking, and the pic isn't showing up for me. I can see form the URL in the link it's Uncanny X-Men 171, but you might want to find a different source to link.

-M
    OK, thanks for warning. Is this better?

uncanny171.jpg

Welcome to the cover contest Hope you survive the experience!
    Thank you

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

OK, thanks for warning. Is this better?

uncanny171.jpg

Thank you
    yes I can see that one.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato