Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Pitch an X-men cartoon (or multiple)

While it's certain MCU X-men movies are a thing that is going to happen, i have to admit that i'm personaly not too hyped about them. That's not to say that i'm not interested to see how the Marvel Studios take on them will be and what ever or not they will share a universe with the allready established movies of the MCU.

But looking at the constant on and off speculation about when and how they will happen and noticing how people will take every rumor or potential hint towards them and debate them to death, i noticed what truely interests me personaly about the potential X-men multimedia products going forward is a new cartoon (and video games).

Because the more i think about the life action movies, the more i realise that they could never do the massive amount of characters and satelite titles which the franchise amassed over the decades justice. There is too much interesting stuff, which could never be really squeezed into a two hour movie in a satisfying manner and it takes years to make only a handfull of them.

And that's before we factor in that with the X-men now being planned as part of the MCU, they will need to be synchronized with the other marvel movies in their release slowing down their potential production even more.

So the main way i could actualy imagine the X-men as franchise under Disney and Marvel Studios being truely realized in their scope of content on screen (cinema, TV, streaming) would be a new cartoon, or even a series of cartoons with a shared universe, which could exist alongside the X-men movies, especialy if a good synergy is maintained.

This would also have the advantage of displaying many powers at their full potential with CGI budget being much less of a concern. Likewise far fewer issues with things like teenage actors aging out of their roles too quickly and limiting the story potential with junior teams or younger characters.

Though i have to admit, my interest in a new cartoon is also because X-men Evolution what was truely made my commited to the franchise. So you can call me biased towards wanting to see more like it.

Anyway. This is for people to post what they would pitch as X-men cartoon. Have fun.

PS: It doesn't need to be a purely kids oriented cartoon for the Disney Channels, but could also be a teens or above for streaming (Wolverine being allowed to actualy snikt some people). But it's better to keep in mind that these are seen as having less draw (toy sales), so they might get less support by the heads at Disney.

I’d love Wolverine and the X-Men season 2. That seems incredibly unlikely given how much time has passed.

For an original pitch let’s start out on Krakoa and give the show a more adult skew. Like T+ rating at least.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Academy X feels like a good follow-up to Evolution and Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’d love Wolverine and the X-Men season 2. That seems incredibly unlikely given how much time has passed.

For an original pitch let’s start out on Krakoa and give the show a more adult skew. Like T+ rating at least.
    Yes please.

Would die for a cartoon adaptation of New Mutants vol. 1

A multi-season story that follows the comics at large. 13-20 episode seasons, fairly accurate to the comics, and most changes will be to expand on characters and stories, or cut weird continuity bits. (Like establishing Kwannon early, getting rid of Xavier's weird comments about Jean, reducing the presence of non-X-Men characters in events.) Each season lasts about a year, so the timeline is compressed.

Season 1: Follows the original comic run. Wolverine and Storm appear in a few episodes - not as part of the X-Men, but in episodes that explore their backstories and set up their roles in season 2. Magneto's story is expanded into a season-long arc

Season 2: Covers Giant-Size and the 70's and some of '80's. Sets up the (Dark) Phoenix Saga and X-Factor. The Dark Phoenix saga is the season's main story.

Season 3: Covers some '80's stuff, introduces the New Mutants (who will get a one-season spin-off that will be cancelled due to middling reviews and serious production problems; the showrunner will get caught making racist comments online and cheating on their wife) and X-Factor. Basically a transition-y season with several multi-episode "event" arcs, but otherwise it's about giving everyone breathing room to develop and unwind. Ends with a crossover "event" with New Mutants, based on Inferno.

Season 4: '90's stuff. The show has a heavily reduced budget after fights with Disney to keep it on the air. More focus is put onto Wolverine as a result of executive mandates. We may get a Gen-X spin-off that lasts a decent while, but it'll be under new showrunners, have worse writing and will be very different from the books. Think the '90's Gen-X movie pilot.)

Season 5: Academy X. The story moves to focus on the X-Men as teachers, and the reigns are handed over to the next generation. See if we can get these kids a two-season spin-off. Mostly slice of life, ends with M-Day.

Season 6: Dealing with M-Day and the fallout. Basically a really dark and depressing season that screws everyone over. The X-Men pick up the pieces and deal with threats abroad, while the kids deal with threats to the school.

Season 7-8: Krakoa. Everything is fixed again! By mid-season 7, the series is becomes DisneyX-exclusive. (DisneyX will be a rebrand of Disney+)

Season 9: A 5-8 episode shortened season focusing on Inferno 2.0.

Season X: A 10-episode, Wolverine-focused "clean-up" season to try and give the series a happy conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Uncanny X-Force Vol. 1 would make for a sick mature cartoon.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I like this. Even TAS managed to be very dark for a kids show at times, I could see something more recent being even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Sadly, not one Disney would ever make.

All i think when i think of a perfect x-men cartoon comic etc if not a direct sequel to X-men TAS is Xavier in the fore-ye with his teenage daughters and says "jean, ororo, i would like to introduce you to scott summers." Lets go! lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Oh and PLEEEEEEASE none of that marvel animation, animation. I'm sorry but marvel has some of the most generic animation i have ever seen. I honestly try not to be harsh but it's so dull that the shading on spiderman xd was exciting. I mean i'm looking at star trek prodigy(crossed wires. lol the star wars anthology on disney plus also had some beautiful art my fave was the robot who became a jedi) , and just most of what hbo max is doing and the new scooby cartoon and Aquaman and even the Marvel What if for some episodes and chip and dale on disney + and you really be like "really marvel." even TAS is leagues above some of their current stuff, gargoyles, batman the animated. It don't make no sense.
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-03-2021 at 06:43 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The New Mutants, where the Gen X cast are the Hellions (because as much as I love them...they don't have enough good stories to carry even a season on their own). The former would get Demon Bear and Asgard as early storylines while the "Hellions" get a mini-arc for Emplate.

New Mutants: Magneto (mentor), Moonstar, Magik, Wolfsbane (X'ian Coy Manh), Cannonball, Sunspot
    Hellions: Emma Frost (mentor), Chamber, M, Husk, Jubilee, and Synch

Skin, Mondo, Cypher, Siryn, Rictor, Warpath, and Boom Boom would cameo / could eventually get spun-off into X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I can see the anime X-Men show doing that, probably not on D+ lol. I would freaking die if it happened.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Oohh... Maybe a variant with an Acolyte Academy as a rival school?

Quote Originally Posted by MYCMTSC View Post
    The New Mutants, where the Gen X cast are the Hellions (because as much as I love them...they don't have enough good stories to carry even a season on their own). The former would get Demon Bear and Asgard as early storylines while the "Hellions" get a mini-arc for Emplate.

New Mutants: Magneto (mentor), Moonstar, Magik, Wolfsbane (X'ian Coy Manh), Cannonball, Sunspot
    Hellions: Emma Frost (mentor), Chamber, M, Husk, Jubilee, and Synch

Skin, Mondo, Cypher, Siryn, Rictor, Warpath, and Boom Boom would cameo / could eventually get spun-off into X-Force.
    Xi'an as Wolfsbane instead of Rahne? And no Skin?

As much as I'd love to see Generation X, I'd keep the Hellions as they are in Canon. Those characters are interesting enough as foil to the New Mutants.