Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Going back to the Mutant academy thing....

How many schools for teen Mutants have there been in the comics?

Jean Grey School(the original)

Whatever school Cyclops had that replaced it.

But there's also been the original Hellions group sponsored by the Hellfire Club and lead by Emma Frost.

The Acolytes didn't really have a proper academy, BUT... they had a space station team base, and teen recruits to their super team.

The Avengers had the Avengers Academy, which, while not tailored to Mutants, did apparently have at least a few.

Then you have the weird stuff...

X-Statix, while not a proper superhero team was a sort of training ground catering to Mutants all the same.

Then we have Clan Akkaba. At first you're like "What? The guys who are Apocalypse's personal cult?" Well... they're also his descendants, and presumably each generation of clan Akkaba trains the next in how to be clan Akkaba. While we don't know HOW that happens(since Akkaba stories focus on adult members), we do know that it happens.

Hmmm a story using those groups as influences on impressionable young Mutants? heheheeh

A TAS remake but more attached to the comics, a continuation of Evolution with the adult cast would also be nice.

Simultaneously, if they want a series of new mutants that can remake it, that would be fine.

Fantastic Member

How about all the team regardless of generation , royal rumble match up , produced by Mojo verse.
    X-teams, New mutants, Gen X, Academy X

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Oh and PLEEEEEEASE none of that marvel animation, animation. I'm sorry but marvel has some of the most generic animation i have ever seen. I honestly try not to be harsh but it's so dull that the shading on spiderman xd was exciting. I mean i'm looking at star trek prodigy(crossed wires. lol the star wars anthology on disney plus also had some beautiful art my fave was the robot who became a jedi) , and just most of what hbo max is doing and the new scooby cartoon and Aquaman and even the Marvel What if for some episodes and chip and dale on disney + and you really be like "really marvel." even TAS is leagues above some of their current stuff, gargoyles, batman the animated. It don't make no sense.
    For the sake of this thread and our wishfull thinking involved in imaging an X-men cartoon to our liking, how about we just go with the utopic idea that Marvel would hire a studio which can produce quality animation (and writing and voice acting) on the level of some of Marvel's and Disney's better cartoon series of the past and present?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Going back to the Mutant academy thing.... (...)
    I like the idea of a dual production. One series about the core X-men doing international super heroic adventures trying to protect mutants and humans from their respective radical elements, while openly recognized by the public as such (kinda the status implied in the Deadpool movies) and one about an academy for mutants to become potential X-men successors, seperated from the general school for mutants (in the former they learn to fight and are judged by their moral integrity, in the later they just learn to control their powers while getting a general education). With a growing interconnectivity between both series as the seasons might add up.

The academy and schools don't even need to be run by the X-men themself, just allies of them (see the Generation X comics), which could be a nice setup for having the young heros in a constant competition with a rival mutant academy of questionable morality. I.e. New Mutants vs. Hellions.

I would actualy go with a triangle setup. There is the Academy X with the young heros in training. The Academy of Tomorrow where young mutants are manipulated to enjoy villainy and told that mutants will rule the future. And then there is a street gang of a aimless young mutants who just want to brawl or have fun (perhaps even second gen Morlocks), social courtesy and public image be damned, making them frequent trouble but also occasional allies for the heros.

The good, the bad, the ugly basicly.
    Last edited by Grunty; 11-07-2021 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I like the idea of a dual production. One series about the core X-men doing international super heroic adventures trying to protect mutants and humans from their respective radical elements, while openly recognized by the public as such (kinda the status implied in the Deadpool movies) and one about an academy for mutants to become potential X-men successors, seperated from the general school for mutants (in the former they learn to fight and are judged by their moral integrity, in the later they just learn to control their powers while getting a general education). With a growing interconnectivity between both series as the seasons might add up.

The academy and schools don't even need to be run by the X-men themself, just allies of them (see the Generation X comics), which could be a nice setup for having the young heros in a constant competition with a rival mutant academy of questionable morality. I.e. New Mutants vs. Hellions.

I would actualy go with a triangle setup. There is the Academy X with the young heros in training. The Academy of Tomorrow where young mutants are manipulated to enjoy villainy and told that mutants will rule the future. And then there is a street gang of a aimless young mutants who just want to brawl or have fun (perhaps even second gen Morlocks), social courtesy and public image be damned, making them frequent trouble but also occasional allies for the heros.

The good, the bad, the ugly basicly.
    Well you don't need to have only a single school for each of those archetypes though.

Good: Academy X, Avengers

Bad: Hellions, Acolytes, Akkaba

Ugly: Morlocks(forgot about them), X-Statix('cause almost all of them were obviously Mutants), Maybe Akkaba too?(some of them look a lot like Apocalypse)

X-Men Academy series that starts off with the destruction of Genosha and death of Magneto. Difference from comics is the destruction of Genosha would be a deliberate attack done by Donald Trask and will leave Cassandra Nova out of it. Also cartoon will be about a teenage survivor of Genosha joining X-Men Academy and becoming more and more like Magneto with the destruction of Genosha and deaths of his family being the catalyst.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    X-Men Academy series that starts off with the destruction of Genosha and death of Magneto. Difference from comics is the destruction of Genosha would be a deliberate attack done by Donald Trask and will leave Cassandra Nova out of it. Also cartoon will be about a teenage survivor of Genosha joining X-Men Academy and becoming more and more like Magneto with the destruction of Genosha and deaths of his family being the catalyst.
    This is an interesting premise for an X-show, animated, live-action or comic book👍🏾
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

I would love four of some of the ideas thrown around here:

Uncanny X-Force more mature and dark cartoon.

The continuation of XTAS adapting storylines that came after the 2000’s.

Completely new cartoon with animation similar to Castlevania, with a main cast of: Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Betsy, Iceman, Colossus, Rogue and Jubilee.

A rotating concept à la JLU with art similar to WATXM. I loved the character designs in that.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 11-08-2021 at 04:59 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’d love Wolverine and the X-Men season 2. That seems incredibly unlikely given how much time has passed.
    Considering how TAS got a new season 26 years after it had been conluded a continuation of WATX in some form doesn't seem entirely impossible anymore.

They wouldn't even need to continue it directly and could for example instead use it as foundation for a new series, in oder to skip on extra work to start from scratch.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering how TAS got a new season 26 years after it had been conluded a continuation of WATX in some form doesn't seem entirely impossible anymore.

They wouldn't even need to continue it directly and could for example instead use it as foundation for a new series, in oder to skip on extra work to start from scratch.
    TAS was much more popular though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Not you including the behind the scenes drama in your pitch. This made my morning.
    Now that this thread is back, I just wanted to say that I still think about this reply and it makes me happy
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    TAS was much more popular though.
    Obviously. But it still shows that current Marvel is willing to pick up one of the older animated shows and build something new on top of it.

The reason season 2 got canceled was because the original company financing it ran out of money and folded, while Marvel decided against making it "in house" like they did with their movies at the time, because of the movie rights issue.

Since these issues no longer exist, they now essentialy have the foundation for another animated project in case they might need to fill a production slot. Plus being able to do an Age of Apocalypse plot without needing extra build up.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

But since WatXM has nowhere near the popularity as TAS, it's easier for Marvel to just make a new show

I wish they weren't continuing X-Men TAS, and just did a new series completely. TAS was awesome, even with its flaws, and they are not going to be able to recapture the magic. A new series could have been its own thing, free from [direct] comparison.

As for a new show... I would say try to follow Aang's lead and do a very specific story over 3-7 seasons(ala Korra), of 20 episodes each, very precisely planned and written so as to give definitive arcs to the main characters and explore certain themes. I would focus on a singular team, but all the satellite teams can get featured cameos. I don't think 5+ spin-off shows would actually work very well, but maybe a New Mutants show could eventually splinter off and do some focus on the kids, then Generation X, and Academy X if it lasts several seasons. And maybe a third spin off that could feature the X-Factors, X-Forces, Excaliburs, etc, with each getting a season or two. But the main show, the X-Men show, would be the main course. As it should be.

Anyways, it opens with Congress passing a Genetic Registration, Security, and Safety Act, after a school child, Scott Summers, aged 16, destroys his school, including upwards of 300 kids and teachers, when his optic blast first manifests during a prep rally. The government institutes mandatory testing of all children for the X-Gene, and forced vaccinations to prevent X-Genes from spreading in schools and workplace. Everyone found positive is placed on the Registration database, locked down in their homes, with talk of camps being made to detain them entirely.

Charles Xavier is an expert in genetics and is working for a biotech company that gets commissioned to create the tests/vaccines. His best friend and expert in physics is Erik Lensherr. The two of them discover the vaccines are actually carrying nano-technological robots called SENTINELS that will be able to be remotely-activated and transform the unwitting baseline human into a bioweapon. (Don't worry, they'll have some of the big ones too for boss battles!) They also contain the mRNA for the LEGACY VIRUS, which after a period of time after injection will cause the release of proteins through dander/breath/body fluids, and cause a [latent] mutant's powers to flare up controllably (unto death) in the nearby vicinity, further stoking the flames of anti-mutant hysteria, which is already engulfing the entire world. They disagree about how to respond. Xavier believes people will be appalled by the truth and demand recourse. Erik is less optimistic, and wants to bring the government down for this transgression personally. They destroy the testing/vaccine labs, and make away with the database of known mutants, and the prototype for their CEREBRO satellite array, which would have allowed the US government to find and catalog mutants all over the world. This was their last united front, though, as their disagreement ruptures their friendship and sets them on opposing paths.

We open with Scott Summers on the run, the most hunted person in America. Who will get him first, Xavier, Erik, or the Feds? FBI Agent Duncan is an old basketball teammate of Xavier's and gives him a 'man on the inside' who sees that it was 'just a kid'.

Meanwhile in Canada, they already have a program for mutants well under way... enter Weapon X!

Simultaneously, in Kenya, one mutant has bucked the global sentiment of fear and is showing the world how good, how essential to the survival of humanity at large, mutants can be!

I could keep going, but then Disney/Marvel is going to have to pay me for the treatment.....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!