Mighty Member

Default NOT SO Friendly customer service experiences you've had?

I'm crazy about buying books from thrift stores/charity stores but sometimes the service isn't always the nicest.

I tried donating a perfectly good suitcase yesterday to a Savers stores but they wouldn't take it, claiming either covid safety or no room in the donation centre, depending on who I asked. Bit of a downer as I came by public transport in the rain.

Another time I went into a Salvation army store, asking if they still had any VHS as I found some good rare ones a few months before, the manager snapped at me saying there was no demand and acted real crabby about it. A simple " we no longer stock those" would have sufficed.

And YOUR not-so -friendly experiences in a store, restaurant etc.? This includes rude customers too.

Incredible Member

https://notalwaysright.com/ is the place to read stories like this.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Mighty Member

Thanks. Also, I was at another thrift store and found an X-Men days of Future past tpb for $1. Took it to the counter and was told I couldn't have it due to a labelling error. It was my first and last time there.

Astonishing Member

I don't have a bad customer service story for you, nothing ever happened to me. But I can ask my customers, they have many stories to tell

I was stationed in Panama in the mid nineties and one weekend a friend of mine asked me to accompany him to the Post Exchange as he was trying to return an item that had been broken in the package and get a new one.

I asked why he needed me and he explained the customer service rep. didn’t speak a word of English, and I spoke fluent Spanish.

Sure enough he wasn’t kidding. To top it off the rep. was also super snarky, so I started reading her the riot act. Her supervisor, an American guy, showed up and asked what was going on. I told him something to the effect of, “I’m all for hiring locals but really, why in tf would you hire a non English speaking person who’s only job it will be to deal w. the English speaking ppl who come to her looking for help”?

He didn’t have a good answer for that.

Mighty Member

(thanks) A thrift store manager in Australia gave me the GUILTY B4 PROVEN INNOCENT treatment five months back. I was short on change and gave her $50 I'd gotten out of an ATM to pay for a used book. She said the note was counterfeit and said she'd hold onto the note and give it to the police! I explained where I got it and showed her others like it. Aussie notes are very detailed with hologram images as well. I rummaged through my pockets and found a $1 coin to pay, shaking my head as I left.

TWIST ending : I got some more $ out from an ATM a few days later and it turned out the notes I spent WERE counterfeit! (real notes have *moving* hologram birds)The lady really should have asked to GO TO the police to have them looked at, not just suspiciously try and grab it off me (I suspect white collar crime at the bank I used)...