Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Kind of annoyed they confirmed her relationship with Hippolyta only to kill the latter off.

Hopefully one day we get to see Phillipus taking on a lead role and not just be #2 to either Diana, Hippolyta or Nubia.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

They confirmed it years ago didn't they? I recall various stories throughout the last few years that show Hippolyta and Philippus in a relationship, even non-canon ones like from Sensational or Black & Gold.

From Historia #2

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    They confirmed it years ago didn't they? I recall various stories throughout the last few years that show Hippolyta and Philippus in a relationship, even non-canon ones like from Sensational or Black & Gold.
    Allways hints and background scenes where they seemed "pretty good friends". Nothing as direct as Trial

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Nothing explicit though. Just winks and nods. The kiss was the most explicit they've ever gotten.

If X-men’s Rouge can say she was raised by lesbian partners why can’t Wonder Woman…
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Kinda funny how DC was for years like "Hypolite and Philippus lesbians? KIDS WON'T BUY THE TOYS" and then DC reveals they're and the most common reaction is "Weren't they already?"

A radfam character trapped within a company that at it's core is very, very conservative. DC at it's heart has always been late when it came to anything progressive. Any gains they made in the mid-late 80's and the 90's have been rolled back in the 21st century.

It was really good to see Philippus get more dialogue and characterization in TotA. She’s the type of character that more could be done with and roll into Wonder Woman stories more often and in a greater way.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Allways hints and background scenes where they seemed "pretty good friends". Nothing as direct as Trial
    Rebirth with Rucka, surely?

Just gals being pals. :P

Rebirth was ultimately very coy about the topic of the bisexuality. Diana's relationship with other women only being confirmed through second handed sources such that any future writer could retcon it. Diana talks about Kasia but in a way that could easily be brushed off as a friendship. Winks and nods to Hippolyta and Phllipus being a relationship. They've also doubled down on Diana's hetereosexual relationships post Rebirth and only confirmed Hippolyta and Phillipus relationship on so they could kill the former. Diana is also absent from any Pride celebrations and while DC writers claim that Diana is bi sexual and has had relationships with women in the past they don't show it on panel or on screen.

So once again, one step forward two steps backwards.