Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Dating double standard?

Ok, so, if an older woman wants to date a younger man it's labeled as cute, she's called a cougar and the man is regarded as sweet and loving for staying with this particular woman. But if an older man dates a young woman, he's labeled a creeper and she's called an opportunist. I mean, there are girls who want to date older guys out there and vice versa. People do have preferences. If a single 60-70 year old man wants to date an 18-22 year old what's the problem? As long as they both agree to date and the relationship is on the right footing what's the problem? They're adults and can decide for themselves.

There is no problem for the men & those that love them.

Those complaints about older men/younger women ALL come from females that are past their prime (28+) & are getting obliterated by the competition (newer & much more sleeker models). When they can't compete they cry or screech foul & think that shaming works.

Lolz!

This is interesting, because I have almost always noticed the opposite. If an older woman dates younger man, it is almost always pointed out as something outside the norm, even if it's just few years. With older men and younger women, the difference in age has to be much bigger to be commented on, assuming the woman is at least in her mid-twenties.

I was discussing this at another site a month or so ago.

The conversation started when someone mentioned the flack Florence Pugh(25) and Zach Braff(46) were getting since they started dating.

Long story short we came to the conclusion that it wasn’t really Pugh’s or Braff’s age that was the issue, it was that Braff was…Braff.

If Pugh were dating Leo DiCaprio(46) or Bradley Cooper(46), no one would care. So yeah, the attractiveness of the ppl involved is a factor.

Niffleheim

Pugh being a quarter of a century old Is a bit too old for the usual DiCaprio girl?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Ok, so, if an older woman wants to date a younger man it's labeled as cute, she's called a cougar and the man is regarded as sweet and loving for staying with this particular woman. But if an older man dates a young woman, he's labeled a creeper and she's called an opportunist. I mean, there are girls who want to date older guys out there and vice versa. People do have preferences. If a single 60-70 year old man wants to date an 18-22 year old what's the problem? As long as they both agree to date and the relationship is on the right footing what's the problem? They're adults and can decide for themselves.
    They are both creepers and pathetic IMHO but since the world doesn't revolve around me, ppl will do what they do to live their lives and so long as it isn't illegal and they don't ask me what I think about their relationship I couldn't careless what they do and what it is said about them.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-04-2021 at 12:34 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Invincible Member

Well, let's be fair...older men dating younger women has been going since the beginning of time and in our society is considered pretty normal. People raise an eyebrow when there seems to be an obvious power imbalance or a something. It's not a that big of a deal if a 25yr old woman dates a 45yr man. But if a 37yr old man dates a 17yr old girl, yeah it's legal but most people are going to wonder if it's less about love and more the guy is taking advantage of the girl's naivete. If a 60yr old man dates a 18yr old, most people will just assume it's a money oriented thing. Again, they're not breaking any laws, but folks will judge that couple as shallow.

As far as people thinking cougars are cute...yeah, some folks do. But a lot of others still those women "sl*ts" and "old bar wh*r*s".

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Ok, so, if an older woman wants to date a younger man it's labeled as cute,
    Would not recommend this. My grandma in her late 70s dated a 30 year old guy and got scammed 10s of thousands of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    Would not recommend this. My grandma in her late 70s dated a 30 year old guy and got scammed 10s of thousands of dollars.
    Which just underscores the transactional nature of these hook-ups on both sides.

Astonishing Member

My wife is 47 and I am 44. In good fun, she calls me her toy boy

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I was discussing this at another site a month or so ago.

The conversation started when someone mentioned the flack Florence Pugh(25) and Zach Braff(46) were getting since they started dating.

Long story short we came to the conclusion that it wasn’t really Pugh’s or Braff’s age that was the issue, it was that Braff was…Braff.

If Pugh were dating Leo DiCaprio(46) or Bradley Cooper(46), no one would care. So yeah, the attractiveness of the ppl involved is a factor.
    BOOM, that's it right there. Pugh is seen as too pretty for him. Fucking haters hating on a man that's just got that good of a game. LOLZ!

Opinions probably trend one way or another according to the age of the person giving them.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 11-14-2021 at 07:00 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Amazing Member

My view:

-I have been married for 29 years, I am very faithful to my wife and her to me. But as an older guy if I was not to be with my wife and date a younger woman. When people would tell me stuff like "She could be your daughter" or to her "You are in it for the money", I would tell them that we indeed are, me for her beauty and youth and her for my money and people would STFU.
    She is legal age? I didn't beak any laws, when you speed and don't beat that orange light and it turns red people, you are breaking the law (We have all done it).
    But honestly if I again would become single, I would probably date an older woman like me. It's just what I like, "Older women".

Regards

Pat

All I know about dating is that people want to be told they are cute and pretty and handsome. Its A huge ego boost they love. But when you make a love doll that looks like your crush it is no longer considered flattery but creepy and crossing a line? Ill never understand dating.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

My father started dating my mom when she was 17. He was 35 at the time. They are still together. And no, he was never rich or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    My father started dating my mom when she was 17. He was 35 at the time. They are still together. And no, he was never rich or anything.
    They call that grooming these days.