Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Cerebro is used by telepaths to update back ups of all mutants. Cerebro is a machine used to amplify and store those minds and memories, it doesn’t do it by itself. It’s done once a week by Charles. It literally says it in the photo above.

Synch reached out to Xavier. He was sent on a mission and was dying. If he died before reaching out, any memories of his time in the Vault would be gone and so he reached out.
    I agree that it is on panel that Synch reached out to the Professor, but ECloak further suggests or thinks that just because Empath did not reach out, Xavier or Emma with cerebro cannot pick him out on Krakoa..Which I feel is a really tall claim.Since when was reaching out a prerequisite for backup? If that were the case then it means once a week life on Krakoa stops for all for a moment or for a moment every day a mutant has to stop what they are doing and reach out to Xavier to have the backup done.Is this realistic? I mean this is fiction it is possible but what is more likely is Xavier does the backup without requiring any sort of 'communion' .Besides we have seen cerebro find mutants all over the world, lock onto them when they don't even know they are being looked for..
    This is how Beast describes Xavier using cerebro in Wolverine 3 :
    ' I'll admit some jealousy at the sensation he must experience each time he places Cerebro over his head.I imagine the gentle quake that must run through his body,almost seismic as he expands a whole world growing inside him.A mindscape he can travel to seek out each and every mutant. But here is what matters ,when he searched for the one everyone call pale girl..he couldn't find her'

From this it is safe to say Xavier can find mutants even if they don't call out to him and secondly only a mutant that is either a really skilled telepath or one with an unknown but telepathy proof mutation can hide from him with Cerebro.

Yet we are supposed to believe Empath cannot be seen by Xavier or Emma on Krakoa especially when he is part of a team sent to a cerebro impervious zone?..suddenly the Hellions are not being waited for by Xavier/Emma to not only help them survive or even to glean fresh intel from them as soon as they arrive? That is just inconsistent with how ready and prepared for updating and resurrection the vault team was in X-Men 19 to suggest the Hellion team was entirely missed. Sure Sinister covered his tracks with the smoke but does he have the pull to cover his tracks with cerebro? More likely than not Emma swept it all under the carpet because she was 'onto him'. Otherwise he would be found out and outed a long time ago.
    Last edited by Rev9; 11-07-2021 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I agree that it is on panel that Synch reached out to the Professor, but ECloak further suggests or thinks that just because Empath did not reach out, Xavier or Emma with cerebro cannot pick him out on Krakoa..Which I feel is a really tall claim.Since when was reaching out a prerequisite for backup? If that were the case then it means once a week life on Krakoa stops for all for a moment or for a moment every day a mutant has to stop what they are doing and reach out to Xavier to have the backup done.Is this realistic? I mean this is fiction it is possible but what is more likely is Xavier does the backup without requiring any sort of 'communion' .Besides we have seen cerebro find mutants all over the world, lock onto them when they don't even know they are being looked for.Yet we are supposed to assume a team sent to a cerebro impervious zone, is not being waited for to not only help them survive but even to glean fresh intel from them as soon as they arrive? That is just inconsistent with how ready and prepared for updating and resurrection the vault team was in X-Men 19 to suggest the Hellion team was entirely missed. Sure Sinister covered his tracks with the smoke but does he have the pull to cover his tracks with cerebro? More likely than not Emma swept it all under the carpet because she was 'onto him'. Otherwise he would be found out and outed a long time ago.
    You are actually making stuff up now.

I did not say everyone has to reach out on the day of the week people are scanned. You did. I said Synch had to because it wasn't the day or time of the week Xavier or the Stepford Cuckoos or whoever sit down and do their back up. How is this that hard to understand?

You are grasping on Straws here.

You go off on some tangents that have little relationship to what I said.Let me answer your main complaint though.Yes I did say it is possible that cerebro scans are done automatically.A scan I think is different from an update.Maybe a scan gathers all real time data, but an update is done by Xavier to parse what is current or what is replay of an old memory.That is hypothetical and I am not making it the nucleus of my argument. Let us lay down some realities in Krakoa even if there is no automatic scan, using cerebro is a full time job...that much we can agree on...Not only are Genoshans being resurrected daily, not only are repowered mutants going through the Crucible but updates of current living mutants have to be done once a week. Let me use 2 examples why my assumption that either the vault team or the Avalon team have special privilege is very plausible..

1.It is clear from Synch by saying 'You heard me' and remembering that Laura bought him time we can surmise the update was done that very day because the panel says 'now' and he is not missing any time not even a minute.

2.The clue you miss that is right there
    on panel, is he is not resurrected alone! Why is he resurrected with Laura and Darwin despite Krakoa knowing he is the only one Cerebro picked up? As a fan you may tell yourself it's to show us fans they are all back and alive, sure that is from a writer's standpoint ,but in universe fans don't exist so sentimentality is the least plausible answer.They were all resurrected because Xavier had been ready repeatedly scanning for them all, likely daily and had their husks ready. Unfortunately only Synch came out with his memories intact. So even though they were ready to update all of them only Synch has a full and real update,Laura and Darwin have updates that may feel contemporaneous to them but they only have old back ups not because Xavier wasn't ready to update them ,but because they never made it out of the vault and all their memory logs of their time there are lost! So if all can be ready and resurrected that very day from the vault, why do you assume that Cerebro has to have old updates for Empath,Greycrow, and Psylocke? To me comparing the Synch resurrection(on panel) and the Avalon resurrection(off panel)hints that whoever was wearing the cerebro for the latter case, be it Xavier (but most likely Emma)intentionally kept this whole Sinister murder under wraps.Beast gets info but Xavier and those who wear the Cerebros are the ones who really know what happened not beast.I mean sure Beast gave the idea of resurrecting ORed with missing memories but is he always in the hatchery resurrecting mutants to have first hand info? This would be a spurious claim. So whatever Beast knows is what the person who resurrected that team wants him to know.It's that simple

As for Emma she herself states to the Marauders in the 'icesteroid' that the minds are too far to reach out to using her power for an S.O.S , so I follow this current continuity that hints that distance matters.The rest is just conjecture or borrowing from previous history which after all Moira's other lives may hold true in other lives just not life X
    The first paragraph is your head canon. Cerebro needs a telepath to update the database. I'm not gonna waste my time debating that point. If you want to believe otherwise go ahead. But don't use it to complain about an issue if its factually wrong.

See X-Force and X-Factor for X-23 and Darwins ressurections and how the protocol on how to ressurecr missing mutants.

Likely what happened is when Xavier copied Synchs mind he saw X-23 and Darwin were eliminated and decided to ressurect them as per the protocol. So that point is moot.

Yes Cerebro had old updates for the whole Hellions team. That's why when they died they pretended like nothing happened.

Intentionally kept it under wraps? Again thats is your own headcanon not stated or shown and if you wish believe that thats fine. But realise thats not what happened in the issue.

Current continuity also shows no lag in communication between Iceman and Emma or Iceman and the Cuckoo's in Mars or Xavier and Kid Omega in Mars. There's no lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Emma clearly planted Havok in the team to use him. The post XoS issue made that clear. She didn't offer him psychological help when he was clearly in distress because it fit her plans.

I don't get the need to justify Emma's actions in this. Stan mindset, I guess.

Maybe Kwannon should have reached for help but keep in mind that she was in a very difficult position and she didn't have allies on the island when Sinister started to blackmail her. Also keep in mind that what Sinister was doing to Psylocke was pretty much the same thing he's doing to the rest of the quiet council with the genetic samples. We should say the same things about Xavier&co. since they are allowing all the Sinister shenanigans including the chimeras one
    Emma didn't plant him on the team. According to the first issue the whole QC did. If not Havok Empath could have used Greycrow

Havok just so happens to have the most destructive power for the job

On a separate note Psylocke, Greycrow and Empath all died in Krakoa and are backed up with copies before going to Otherworld and have no recollection of the events
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-07-2021 at 03:57 AM.

Mighty Member

I agree that it is on panel that Synch reached out to the Professor, but ECloak further suggests or thinks that just because Empath did not reach out, Xavier or Emma with cerebro cannot pick him out on Krakoa..Which I feel is a really tall claim.Since when was reaching out a prerequisite for backup? If that were the case then it means once a week life on Krakoa stops for all for a moment or for a moment every day a mutant has to stop what they are doing and reach out to Xavier to have the backup done.Is this realistic? I mean this is fiction it is possible but what is more likely is Xavier does the backup without requiring any sort of 'communion' .Besides we have seen cerebro find mutants all over the world, lock onto them when they don't even know they are being looked for..
    This is how Beast describes Xavier using cerebro in Wolverine 3 :
    ' I'll admit some jealousy at the sensation he must experience each time he places Cerebro over his head.I imagine the gentle quake that must run through his body,almost seismic as he expands a whole world growing inside him.A mindscape he can travel to seek out each and every mutant. But here is what matters ,when he searched for the one everyone call pale girl..he couldn't find her'

From this it is safe to say Xavier can find mutants even if they don't call out to him and secondly only a mutant that is either a really skilled telepath or one with an unknown but telepathy proof mutation can hide from him with Cerebro.

Yet we are supposed to believe Empath cannot be seen by Xavier or Emma on Krakoa especially when he is part of a team sent to a cerebro impervious zone?..suddenly the Hellions are not being waited for by Xavier/Emma to not only help them survive or even to glean fresh intel from them as soon as they arrive? That is just inconsistent with how ready and prepared for updating and resurrection the vault team was in X-Men 19 to suggest the Hellion team was entirely missed. Sure Sinister covered his tracks with the smoke but does he have the pull to cover his tracks with cerebro? More likely than not Emma swept it all under the carpet because she was 'onto him'. Otherwise he would be found out and outed a long time ago.
    Synch was in the Vault for how many years? He has no idea what day it is and is about to die. He reached out to Xavier so he could back up his knowledge. Wolverine has no recollection of her time in the Vault.

Empath legit just made it back through the gate and says “what are you doing?” before he drops dead. Psylocke says “something is blocking my..” before Sinister stabs her. Now if Sinister is blocking Psylocke, it’s not far fetched he’s blocking Emma or even has a device to block any telepathic cry for help, which there wasn’t any.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

I did not say everyone has to reach out on the day of the week people are scanned. You did. I said Synch had to because it wasn't the day or time of the week Xavier or the Stepford Cuckoos or whoever sit down and do their back up. How is this that hard to understand?

The first paragraph is your head canon. Cerebro needs a telepath to update the database. I'm not gonna waste my time debating that point. If you want to believe otherwise go ahead. But don't use it to complain about an issue if its factually wrong.

See X-Force and X-Factor for X-23 and Darwins ressurections and how the protocol on how to ressurecr missing mutants.

Likely what happened is when Xavier copied Synchs mind he saw X-23 and Darwin were eliminated and decided to ressurect them as per the protocol. So that point is moot.

Yes Cerebro had old updates for the whole Hellions team. That's why when they died they pretended like nothing happened.

Intentionally kept it under wraps? Again thats is your own headcanon not stated or shown and if you wish believe that thats fine. But realise thats not what happened in the issue.

Current continuity also shows no lag in communication between Iceman and Emma or Iceman and the Cuckoo's in Mars or Xavier and Kid Omega in Mars. There's no lag.

Emma didn't plant him on the team. According to the first issue the whole QC did. If not Havok Empath could have used Greycrow

On a separate note Psylocke, Greycrow and Empath all died in Krakoa and are backed up with copies before going to Otherworld and have no recollection of the events
    I have said enough to explain everything logically.Honestly all I get from your explanation is everything is based on luck.Empath came back to Krakoa on a day Xavier was not doing back ups so tough luck...While Synch is lucky to get out of the vault on the very day Xavier is doing backups and while at it even though only Synch got out,Xavier wants to resurrect Laura and Darwin because it's that day of the week...In fact what you say underscores my point .When you say 'I said Synch had to because it wasn't the day or time of the week Xavier or the Stepford Cuckoos or whoever sit down and do their back up' that is Domino level luck, if he is dying and has to bet that not only Xavier(or Cuckoos)can hear his last words as a telepath but have cerebro on to do the back up because it's that time of the week..then Synch is 99% doomed and only 1% lucky. Hmm I'll stick with what I've laid out. If luck is all you are going on,good for you.
    Last edited by Rev9; 11-07-2021 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

Emma didn't put him there, but she knew of his issues and purposefully ignored them because she wanted to have a bomb near sinister.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't think Xavier is actually reading/analysing through all of the gazillion trillion billion million thoughts that Cerebro downloads and backs up on a daily/weekly? basis.
    I'm thinking he only extracts information that is highly relevant at the time and for a specific purpose, with consent,...as with the Orchis and CotV missions.
    It's understood that prying into the secret thoughts of others without consent, even if there are grounds for suspicion, is taboo.
    And yes, he and any other telepath have easy access to all those thoughts but...clearly they've not been abusing that power.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-07-2021 at 05:43 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I have said enough to explain everything logically.Honestly all I get from your explanation is everything is based on luck.Empath came back to Krakoa on a day Xavier was not doing back ups so tough luck...While Synch is lucky to get out of the vault on the very day Xavier is doing backups and while at it even though only Synch got out,Xavier wants to resurrect Laura and Darwin because it's that day of the week...In fact what you say underscores my point .When you say 'I said Synch had to because it wasn't the day or time of the week Xavier or the Stepford Cuckoos or whoever sit down and do their back up' that is Domino level luck, if he is dying and has to bet that not only Xavier(or Cuckoos)can hear his last words as a telepath but have cerebro on to do the back up because it's that time of the week..then Synch is 99% doomed and only 1% lucky. Hmm I'll stick with what I've laid out. If luck is all you are going on,good for you.
    This is like talking to a brick wall. Xavier decided to ressurect Synch, Laura and Darwin because he could confirm they had died. They were moved to the front of the queue as Synch had vital information and died in combat. This was the rules laid out in X-Force and X-Factor. Note how they weren't ressurecred while trapped in the World.

Empath did not let anyone know he was back and was on the verge of death. As another user pointed out Psylocke was being blocked by Sinister so perhaps he blocked Empath too from crying for help. Regardless he died before he could cry for help. And I've already confirmed on panel Empath was ressurected with no memories of the event.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I appreciate Wells for writing Emma like this. I'm getting tired of Duggan's super-good-can't-do-anything-wrong Emma. He's making her boring. Emma is funny when she makes questionable things (and having Psylocke daughter die and manipulating Havok like that was veeery questionable)

Wells is doing the White Queen way more justice.
    Worst thing is both take place in the same continuity.Duggan's and Well's Emma are the same people in the same time which makes it so much worse...

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Emma is being so manipulative in this book, I wish Psylocke or Havok could give her a proper response. But I like Psylocke for not giving a f*ck for what the White Queen wants to say.

I wonder what is going to be her order...

Exactly, why I'm not a fan of how most writers use her, there's almost no comeuppance for her actions, makes most of her machinations boring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She does look Asian. Not all Asians or all Japanese look the same.
    I didn’t say they did.

But She looks latina to me there.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

I'm really going to miss this book.