Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Avengers Undercover #9 Review

Weird Timothy Green II anatomy aside (again). This issue was jam packed with everything. From Aiden and Cullen..well, you have to see it for yourselves, to the arrival of the Avengers to Zemo doing a Grand Theft Hellicarrier.

This should feel like set up for the finale, and it did partially, but is the way the characters are pushed forward really makes this issue shine. As weirdly drawed as it is, I won't forget the team shot of the Avengers Undercover facing against Hellstrom, it really hows that these kids aren't afraid anymore, they know in which ground they are standing and they know what there priorities are, they are not healed comletly, but they are not blinded by pain like they were in the spontaneus release of rage that was issue #3.

Great stuff. 9 out of 10
    “I am vulnerable. Starved for kindness, and when I receive it, I lose my mind.”
    — Marjorie Liu, Tiger Eye

“When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman.”
    — Gail Simone

MY CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cheshire1501

Quote Originally Posted by javi150190 View Post
    Weird Timothy Green II anatomy aside (again). This issue was jam packed with everything. From Aiden and Cullen..well, you have to see it for yourselves, to the arrival of the Avengers to Zemo doing a Grand Theft Hellicarrier.

This should feel like set up for the finale, and it did partially, but is the way the characters are pushed forward really makes this issue shine. As weirdly drawed as it is, I won't forget the team shot of the Avengers Undercover facing against Hellstrom, it really hows that these kids aren't afraid anymore, they know in which ground they are standing and they know what there priorities are, they are not healed comletly, but they are not blinded by pain like they were in the spontaneus release of rage that was issue #3.

Great stuff. 9 out of 10
    Except the trap at the end shouldn't stop a character who can catch rogue planets for even a split second.

Can I get some more detailed recanting of today's events?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Can I get some more detailed recanting of today's events?
    spoilers:
    Avengers and Braddocks flew over with SHIELD and scared off some random shepherd's sheep.
    The story picks up with Anachronism fighting Hellstrom-controlled Cullen and losing, but Hazmat came to aid and kicked ass again. Then Nico arrived and Hellstrom got his butt handled too, and lost control over the soul-monster. Aiden used the power of love to help Cullen gain control over the monster, and the four young heroes poised to kick Hellstrom hard, when suddenly Avengers and co arrived. A huge fight broke out, where Death Locket sided with the masters without any spoken lines. Zemo asked Hellstrom to cast the spell, which made every baddie on fire (partially quoting Hawkeye) and disappeared and somehow also closed the mountain. Alex pointed out this is the trap he was talking about, and went back to hell because his contract was due. The remaining SHIELD troops outside and aboard helicarrier got wiped out by the teleported masters, and Zemo asked Death Locket to hack into the ship's control. Zemo proclaimed they are going to win a war next, when Cammi sneaked up the corner and suddenly exhibited forth-wall breaking ability and also hushed the reader directly.
    end of spoilers

I'm sad to see this series end but it doesn't make this issue any less enjoyable. My favorite part was Cullen and Aiden. Good stuff.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    spoilers:
    Avengers and Braddocks flew over with SHIELD and scared off some random shepherd's sheep.
    The story picks up with Anachronism fighting Hellstrom-controlled Cullen and losing, but Hazmat came to aid and kicked ass again. Then Nico arrived and Hellstrom got his butt handled too, and lost control over the soul-monster. Aiden used the power of love to help Cullen gain control over the monster, and the four young heroes poised to kick Hellstrom hard, when suddenly Avengers and co arrived. A huge fight broke out, where Death Locket sided with the masters without any spoken lines. Zemo asked Hellstrom to cast the spell, which made every baddie on fire (partially quoting Hawkeye) and disappeared and somehow also closed the mountain. Alex pointed out this is the trap he was talking about, and went back to hell because his contract was due. The remaining SHIELD troops outside and aboard helicarrier got wiped out by the teleported masters, and Zemo asked Death Locket to hack into the ship's control. Zemo proclaimed they are going to win a war next, when Cammi sneaked up the corner and suddenly exhibited forth-wall breaking ability and also hushed the reader directly.
    end of spoilers
    Glad to see that this Issue has begun to resolve most of the storyarcs/plots that began, but was 'rushed' due to its cancellation......would loved to see more spoilers:
    involving Nico, Alex Wilder & Chase as well as to how Arcade survived {though this might be revealed in Next Month's Finale}
    end of spoilers; but at least the Writer was able to do as much for the characters involved (after Avengers Arena) as possible.

So until next month......

Whoa gang.
    Gimme the skinny on this Aiden/Cullen Love talky talk

Whoa gang.
    Gimme the skinny on this Aiden/Cullen Love talky talk
    Some paraphrasing here: Aiden chooses not to fight Cullen in his mosnter form. Points out how if Daimon could control it, so could Cullen. Cullen calms down and, this is the part I suspect you'll like the most, he kisses Aiden right on the mouth! Says he knows Aiden loves him like a brother but talking him down from that means he gets that.

Ha ha ha. Oh brother.
    Now I want Jen to get all crazy jealous like she did with X-23/Mettle and try to flash fry Cullen.

.....jk.

Okay no, I'm not. Make it happen. haha.

Ha ha ha. Oh brother.
    Now I want Jen to get all crazy jealous like she did with X-23/Mettle and try to flash fry Cullen.

.....jk.

Okay no, I'm not. Make it happen. haha.
    Well the kiss did happen in front of her too. But no frying happened. She took it in stride.

AVENUNDER2014009-int2-5-1fdc5.jpg
    someone is a game of thrones fan! yeah!!!1
    I'm freaking QUICKSILVER!!! And you can eat my freaking dust!
    I am faster than I was when I was last on the Avengers roster -- MUCH FASTER!

Zemo did all this just to swipe a helicarrier? Seems like an aweful lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Zemo did all this just to swipe a helicarrier? Seems like an aweful lot of work.
    Swipe a Helicarrier, kill a lot of Heroes, embarrass SHIELD.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Swipe a Helicarrier, kill a lot of Heroes, embarrass SHIELD.
    That trap didn't kill any heroes. Either Hyperion or Captain Britain on their own can easily lift the mountain he dropped on them in the pit single-handed, no problem.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

WOOO! finally a Bloodaxe moment, Excavator gets his shovel back(its maaaaaaagic) Becca gets a new toy and Hells Eyes(from the old Morbius comics) makes a guest showing. Its sad that this is ending.