Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default What would you like done with Firestorm?

Doomsday Clock pretty much nuked any possibility of the classic Ronnie/Prof status quo, so should they return to the Ronnie/Jason pairing, which I thought worked or should they try to simply ignore Doomsday Clock?

Ronnie/Jason with either of them being in command depending on the story.

When did Firestorm last appear? And which duo is in continuity right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Doomsday Clock pretty much nuked any possibility of the classic Ronnie/Prof status quo, so should they return to the Ronnie/Jason pairing, which I thought worked or should they try to simply ignore Doomsday Clock?
    I’m a Ronnie/Stein guy, so ignore whatever’s needed in order for them to return, preferably as troubleshooters for STAR Labs, taking on various missions across the DCU w. Ronnie as driver/pilot/resident action guy and the Prof. as, well, the Prof. guy. Have a loose knit group of STAR Labs personnel (Kitty Faulkner/Rampage, Buck Samson, Mr. Orr, Chrissie Cavendish, Doctors Glory/Klyburn/Soo etc…) as supporting characters/teammates for the duo.

Right off I’d start an overarching storyline that’d run through the first 12 issues of the book and address the status/whereabouts of Jason Rusch, wrapping up in the book’s first annual which'd have Jason take up the identity of Tempest, w. powers to match.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I prefer same age with opposing personality

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I prefer Jason being the one in control with Ronnie being the mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    What would you like done with Firestorm?
    Lightly breaded and fried?

First thing I'd do is take away his OP power to rewrite atomic structures. It worked fine when comics were accepted as pure fantasy, but now everyone would criticize it for its science, and most comic book writers aren't going to want to get a masters degree just to write the book. And then even if someone could write his powers "realistically", you'd have to give him some kind of drawback so that he's not OP. (certainly not as powerful as Superman) Taking away Stein so that neither person knew that much about science works for the short-term, but it gets tired fast that his biggest weakness is his own ignorance. Also, he has a very clear "fire" or "nuclear" theme, but his power is that he can change a tank into a bed of roses? I always found that to be a bit off.

So, simplify his powers and since I have no emotional attachment to any of the previous Firestorms, I'd bring in two new people who would have an interesting dynamic being forced together by the matrix. It's one of the most intriguing things about the concept, but using any of the experienced characters takes away from the drama of how crazy it would actually be to have that happen to two people.

Incredible Member

I think it might be fine to admit that they have done all they can with the character.
    When Firestorm first appeared there was something fresh about him.
    But has everything now been said?
    What would a revived character provide, that we haven't seen in the last few decades.

I would definitely adjust his powers. Just allow him to transmute elements and get rid of his ability to create working bombs and such out of thin air. Just because he knows the chemical make up of an object doesn’t mean he should be about to create objects with minute working parts.

Wasn’t a fan of Jason Rusch being relegated to the floating head role. I would prefer if they merged into a single being that combined both of their personalities.

I would pretend Doomsday Clock didn't happen because Professor Stein is too important to Firestorm in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would pretend Doomsday Clock didn't happen because Professor Stein is too important to Firestorm in my opinion.
    To the utmost, I agree. No matter what, I'll always prefer the Raymond/Stein combo (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-05-2021 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

An appearance would be a good start.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member

Tom King's next project?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    An appearance would be a good start.
    He's showing up in an upcoming holiday anthology.