Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think we can agree that it needs to be a duo who can't get along but need each others help to save the day.
    Maybe one of them should be a former super-villain this time?

(Probably not the half that's physically in control, though.)

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I liked the NU52 Jason/Ronnie combo with them switching back and forth. Jason using his brains and transforming knowledge while Ronnie was just the brute force blast em guy.

I hope that something is done soon. Ronny and Professor Stein is fine. Jason is fine. Give them adventures in different cities. Put one in outer space.

That EVS cover ^^ just makes me think "Nuclear Bros - UNITE!"

Every since Geoff Johns brought Ronnie back, he put Jason in the back seat. At least Gail Simone treated them as equals in the New 52. And even after the Firestorm N52 cancellation, I believe Johns put Jason in the backseat again if I recall correctly.

Incredible Member

Personally bring back the Ronnie/ Jason dynamic. Martin Stein being a supporting character, as well as Firehawk and Pozhar. Good old Killer Frost off course would appear as well (Louise or Caitlin, whichever you prefer) and would teeter-totter between villain and anti-hero (depending on her feelings towards Firestorm).

Like Captain Atom, I'd have him involved in Government/ Military conspiracies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Every since Geoff Johns brought Ronnie back, he put Jason in the back seat. At least Gail Simone treated them as equals in the New 52. And even after the Firestorm N52 cancellation, I believe Johns put Jason in the backseat again if I recall correctly.
    Johns was the one who set up that they could alternate as Firestorm in Brightest Day and developed both of their personal lives as they had to adjust coming off of Blackest Night.

Blackest Night/Brightest Day did set Firestorm up for some decent stuff.....that never amounted to anything.

Lot of interesting ideas floating around DC at the time, none of which got too far off the ground thanks to the New52. I sometimes wonder what we may have gotten, if the reboot hadn't come along. Although, given the state of sales back then what we might have gotten was a bankruptcy announcement, like Marvel in the 90's.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I like what was done with Jason and Gehenna and Jason and Senator(!) Reilly.

Loved Gehenna. I was really into the concept of Firestorm having his own separate consciousness during the Ostrander run (though I was excited to see a certain character return I was disappointed in the revelation of who that consciousness actually was).
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

forgive me if my ideas have been done, not a big Firestorm guy.

first I'd overhaul his design. keep the color scheme and the flaming head but everything else will be free game. I'd go with Jason Rusch and Ronnie as the counterparts and give them minor powers that they individually have independent of their Firestorm form. I would actually treat Firestorm like they treat fusion in Steven Universe, it's not a pilot and a passenger dynamic, they're a completely new experience/entity as Firestorm that is informed by and remembers it's components (and vice versa). as for his powers, I would want to simplify them somehow but iunno how.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I would stick to the Jason/Ronnie duo, it was never best exploted and always got the feeling than the Brightest day never published series was the best take never applied to Firestorm in really a lot of time.
    The New52 series with Firestorm as analogy of the nuclear weapons was not the best developted idea.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Blackest Night/Brightest Day did set Firestorm up for some decent stuff.....that never amounted to anything.

Lot of interesting ideas floating around DC at the time, none of which got too far off the ground thanks to the New52. I sometimes wonder what we may have gotten, if the reboot hadn't come along.
    Relative to Firestorm, THIS could had happened.
    (Follow the link to see Brian Clevinger pitch for a Firestorm series.)
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 11-08-2021 at 12:43 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Lot of interesting ideas floating around DC at the time, none of which got too far off the ground thanks to the New52. I sometimes wonder what we may have gotten, if the reboot hadn't come along. Although, given the state of sales back then what we might have gotten was a bankruptcy announcement, like Marvel in the 90's.
    Well, there was supposed to be a Firestorm book by Brian Clevinger, I think, pre-Flashpoint. Hawkman was going to get a book too...

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'd like to see Firestorm rejoin the Justice League.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.