Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'd like to see Firestorm rejoin the Justice League.
    I'd like to see the conniption Alex Ross would have in response to that happening. Dude REALLY doesn't like acknowledging that Firestorm ever joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Relative to Firestorm, THIS could had happened.
    (Follow the link to see Brian Clevinger pitch for a Firestorm series.)
    That could have been fun. Cool ideas in there, I adore the use of Solaris; the best Super rogue to (almost) never get used.

Shame it didn't happen. I gave the New52 run a try, but dropped it pretty quick, as I recall.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That could have been fun. Cool ideas in there, I adore the use of Solaris; the best Super rogue to (almost) never get used.

Shame it didn't happen. I gave the New52 run a try, but dropped it pretty quick, as I recall.
    Indeed, it could had been far better than the series than was. It was really confusing at some point.
    I must add than the element than most liked from the Clevinger proposal was the possibility than Ronnie and Jason cpould switch between pilot and passenger roles. That could had been a more interesting dynamic than havoing always the same face on the command.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 11-08-2021 at 08:56 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    forgive me if my ideas have been done, not a big Firestorm guy.

first I'd overhaul his design. keep the color scheme and the flaming head but everything else will be free game. I'd go with Jason Rusch and Ronnie as the counterparts and give them minor powers that they individually have independent of their Firestorm form. I would actually treat Firestorm like they treat fusion in Steven Universe, it's not a pilot and a passenger dynamic, they're a completely new experience/entity as Firestorm that is informed by and remembers it's components (and vice versa). as for his powers, I would want to simplify them somehow but iunno how.
    Firestorm as akin to a Steven Universe Fusion is brilliant! Making Jason's and Ronnie's combined Firestorm form basically Garnet, where this new form is expressed as their own entity combining the collective experience and essence of their constituents, is just the kind of thing that I feel could make Firestorm pop.

One of the big issues I feel Firestorm has is the whole pilot/backseat dynamic; in practice, it really comes off as frustrating and even problematic. Doing it the Steven Universe Fusion way would solve so much of that frustration and problematic nature. You wouldn't have to worry about the optics of Ronnie driving a body while Jason sits back and just lives with it as Ronnie's personal secondary character; instead, both Jason and Ronnie would be "piloting" Firestorm as a single unit, mentally and physically.

It also goes well with how I feel Firestorm should be. The New 52's Firestorm run started off perfect, as far as I'm concerned. That's the Firestorm that they both should be, and they never should have allowed nostalgia to go back to anything beforehand. And in that take, Jason and Ronnie had their own individual Firestorm forms, with their own separate powers. But instead of having their combined form be some uncontrollable force that has Jason and Ronnie visually present prisoners in their own bodies, let the combined Firestorm be them both as one entity that becomes their own person as the amalgam of the duo's shared existence. And since neither Jason nor Ronnie are inherently uncontrol able people, the fusion wouldn't be, either.

Like I said, it's brilliant! For someone who's not too big on Firestorm, you hit it out of the park on the first try!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Personally bring back the Ronnie/ Jason dynamic. Martin Stein being a supporting character, as well as Firehawk and Pozhar. Good old Killer Frost off course would appear as well (Louise or Caitlin, whichever you prefer) and would teeter-totter between villain and anti-hero (depending on her feelings towards Firestorm).

Like Captain Atom, I'd have him involved in Government/ Military conspiracies.
    Who is Pozhar by the way?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Who is Pozhar by the way?
    He's the Russian Firestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I'd like to see the conniption Alex Ross would have in response to that happening. Dude REALLY doesn't like acknowledging that Firestorm ever joined.
    ... why is that?
    Is it the Superfriends cartoon context?

Was teen Ronnie ever with the Titans at all?

Ronnie never joined or teamed with the Titans. At least, I think. I could be wrong, but I don't remember him in any regular interaction beyond the event books.

And about Ross don't liking Firestorm... could be. He never had any recognition for the character neither in his JLA Secret origins book nor in the "Justice" book. He practically replaceced him with his personal favorite, Captain Marvel.
    In that aspect, Ross is pretty rigid. He also disliked Kyle Rayner and only painted once. He said than his justification was he was not to paint characters created after the 90s but in Marvel he had no trouble painting characters created recently.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... why is that?
    Is it the Superfriends cartoon context?

Was teen Ronnie ever with the Titans at all?
    He apparently links Firestorm's membership with "darker" storytelling in the late 70s.

Web capture_18-11-2021_83530_firestormfan.com.jpg

BANNED

I'd like to see either of the following:

1. Firestorm is an entity cognitively separate from Ronnie, Jason, Stein, or whomever, but different people have to combine to form him, like the Infinity Man, Captain Thunder, or Captain Planet. The people who make him up, would be make up the hidden parts of his cognition (Four sides of the Mind Theory put forth by John Beebe). These other sides of his mind would engage in debates about how to handle a situation, but Firestorm would make the executive decision on which path to follow, like a choice-tree in a video game. In other words, Firestorm would be the Ego, Gehenna would be the Shadow, Ronnie would be the Super Ego, and Jason would be the Unconscious/Subconscious, or some ordering like that. We'd get to know Firestorm as his own person, separate from any of the people who make him up.

OR

2. Firestorm serves as an analogy for coming to terms with not being straight, with Firestorm representing the "Beast with Two Backs," so to speak.

I've said this in other threads, but I'd love to see Firestorm almost turned into a variation of Dial H For Hero, where Ronnie (or Jason) has to pull random nearby strangers into the matrix in order to turn into Firestorm. Sometimes Ronnie will have the physical manifestation of Firestorm and the stranger will be the "voice in the head," other times Ronnie finds himself relegated to the talking head while a physically different Firestorm is the one doing the hands-on work. This way you can bring in new supporting cast members who can come and go based on popularity and do increasingly different and diverse versions of Firestorm. And that's not even getting into story ideas...what if the person Ronnie bonds with to be Firestorm isn't interested in being a hero? What if the person happens to be a straight up criminal, and essentially holds Ronnie hostage within the Firestorm entity, unwilling to separate? Lots of fun to be had with the idea that I don't think's been properly mined in the long history of the character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I've said this in other threads, but I'd love to see Firestorm almost turned into a variation of Dial H For Hero, where Ronnie (or Jason) has to pull random nearby strangers into the matrix in order to turn into Firestorm. Sometimes Ronnie will have the physical manifestation of Firestorm and the stranger will be the "voice in the head," other times Ronnie finds himself relegated to the talking head while a physically different Firestorm is the one doing the hands-on work. This way you can bring in new supporting cast members who can come and go based on popularity and do increasingly different and diverse versions of Firestorm. And that's not even getting into story ideas...what if the person Ronnie bonds with to be Firestorm isn't interested in being a hero? What if the person happens to be a straight up criminal, and essentially holds Ronnie hostage within the Firestorm entity, unwilling to separate? Lots of fun to be had with the idea that I don't think's been properly mined in the long history of the character.
    That was exactly the story of Jason's first run as Firestorm.

Jason was pulling in random people to become Firestorm. He even pulled in some criminals and guys trying to kill him.

The problem was that the people that were pulled into the matrix were getting killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I liked the NU52 Jason/Ronnie combo with them switching back and forth. Jason using his brains and transforming knowledge while Ronnie was just the brute force blast em guy.

Very much agreed. I feel they could fine tune the powers between the 2 of them just a little. I would give them a low level telepathic bond outside of their combined mode. Play up how contrasting frequencies can grow to work harmoniously.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

1. Firestorm is an entity cognitively separate from Ronnie, Jason, Stein, or whomever, but different people have to combine to form him, like the Infinity Man, Captain Thunder, or Captain Planet. The people who make him up, would be make up the hidden parts of his cognition (Four sides of the Mind Theory put forth by John Beebe). These other sides of his mind would engage in debates about how to handle a situation, but Firestorm would make the executive decision on which path to follow, like a choice-tree in a video game. In other words, Firestorm would be the Ego, Gehenna would be the Shadow, Ronnie would be the Super Ego, and Jason would be the Unconscious/Subconscious, or some ordering like that. We'd get to know Firestorm as his own person, separate from any of the people who make him up.

OR

2. Firestorm serves as an analogy for coming to terms with not being straight, with Firestorm representing the "Beast with Two Backs," so to speak.
    Oh you gonna take it to Shakespeare's Othello on them huh, lol?

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

I like the Captain Planet idea. It also solves the problem of there being multiple Firestorm characters.

To streamline your idea for a bit: Ronnie, Martin, Mikhail, Jason and Gehenna are capable of combining with each other to create Firestorm and all of them together can create one Super Firestorm. But whether it's two people or five people combining to create the Firestorm entity, the entity has it's own personality which is like a melding of other Firestorm personalities.

Like if Martin and Ronnie combine, their Firestorm would joke around a lot but with Martin's scientific acumen, he would be doing more creative stuff with their power. Jason and Gehenna would be like a power couple. But Jason and Ronnie plus Ronnie and Mikhail combination would result in a more volatile Firestorm being.