View Poll Results: Which (former) New Mutants deserves a better spotlight?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Moonstar - Mirage

38 46.91%
  • Wolfsbane

11 13.58%
    21 25.93%
  • Cannonball

9 11.11%
  • Sunspot

21 25.93%
  • Magma

29 35.80%
  • Magik

17 20.99%
  • Cypher

10 12.35%
  • Warlock

9 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Which (former) New Mutants deserves a better spotlight?

The New Mutants have brought 9 regular members, who all deserve to have more focus. If you could select 3 (former) New Mutants to get more focus next year, who would those be?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Mirage or Karma or Warlock

Mighty Member

Both Karma and Cypher should get a secondary mutation. Almost all the other New Mutants have secondary mutation.

The schedule of New Mutants has been delayed too many times that most people have lost interest.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Magma, because we never see her.
    My flag is bacon.

Moonstar should have a leadership position by now. I'd like to see her and/or Sunspot on the flagship team.

I voted Magik by mistake.
    Wanted to vote for Magma because they need to use her on a regular basis and give her some development. As well as recognizing she is one of the most powerfull X-Men.

But of course my choice would be "all of them". I'll kep saying it, they should b the leaders of the X-Men. They should already have been 20 years ago.

I'm happy with the focus Illyana gets now, though. She doesn't need more, although I admit a solo series would be nice. What I want is this focus to stay.

Sunspot should have more focus. Or go back to the Avengers, where he is allowed to lead. Hickman said he was one of his faves, but he did almost nothing with him, outside of the first arc of NM. And now he's leaving the X-books, so it's safe to assume that he doesn't have big plans left for Roberto.
    Sunspot is supposed to be close to the Shi Ar rulers, but he didn't even appear in that whole Annihilation thing. We get to see Jean, Scott and Ororo save the Shi'Ar, but he and Sam barely do anything.

Warlock dramatically deserves some development (but not a personnality erasure like that Douglock stunt). So far, he is basically a mascot. I hope he plays a big part in the whole Phalanx plot, but at the same time I'm worried about him being killed or compromised.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Incredible Member

Sunspot needs to be elevated. They haven’t done much with him since bringing him back to the X-Office.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Magma, because we never see her.
    I can second that. I always consider her as a potential Omega level mutant. Time someone focusses on her.

Added Karma and Sunspot as they have barely had time to shine recently.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Extraordinary Member

Sunspot. He was a riot in the 4 Hickman issues and really got to flex his stuff during his time with the Avengers/AIM. Storywise I get why he is sticking with Sam in space, but I'm surprised Hickman has kept 2 of his favorite characters sidelined. Sam I feel is better off without the spotlight. He's in a similar place to where Cyclops was in the mid-80s after he married Madelyn, settled down and semi-retired. Bringing him back and taking him away from his wife and child would undermine his story and repeat the mistakes which were done with Cyclops when he ran out on his wife and child. They should treat his storyarc as complete and bring him back only occasionally as the grizzled but usually retired veteran-turned family man, which seems to be what they're doing now. Most of the other characters have gotten enough focus the last 2+ years besides for Magma, but the one attempt to give her something this era is the most hated thing about the current New Mutants series and so has been dropped, and even Claremont failed to give her a personality, so there's not much that can be done with her. Magik could leave the New Mutants entirely and have a solo, but I suspect Marvel thinks she's the key draw of the New Mutants and so she'll stay in that book until Marvel decides to pull the plug on it.

Magma... how could she be left out of terra forming a planet?? And is definitely omega as well. Would be great if she could be included in Bishop's War College. She's a powerhouse that's too often sidelined.

Moonstar deserves all the attention Magik gets. She worked hard and earned her places among the big name characters.

A lot of them deserve better, except maybe Magik since she's been getting quite a bit of focus lately. But Magma needs spotlight the most. At least most of those guys regularly appear, or have had a notable role. Magma had, what? One or two issues in New Mutants, and made one comment in a group chat during the Hellfire Gala?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Definitely, my choice would be...

Wolfsbane

Hopefully someday, Rahne & Rictor can rekindle their romance (if it's even possible, of course):

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Moonstar should have a leadership position by now. I'd like to see her and/or Sunspot on the flagship team.
    Moonstar isn't just worthy of the a main spot on the flagship team, she's an Avengers membership-worthy superhero.

Seriously, Dani, Iceman, and Sif are my top three "How come these guys haven't been Avengers?" characters.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Incredible Member

Skids, Rusty, Rictor and Boom Boom.