Extraordinary Member

Default Batman #118 Preview

Batman #118 Preview (Unlettered)
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Jorge Molina

Beginning of a new (old) era I guess.

Those villain cosplayers are so effective I'm not sure whether they're real or fake. Although I think that's the real Firefly?

That Almost Got 'Im reference .

Extraordinary Member

Batman #118 Preview (Lettered)
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Jorge Molina

Simple but effective introduction.

Maybe it's just because I've seen them insert themselves into their own comics, but I can't help but see Brian Bendis and David Marquez as those burglars.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Ooh. Classic. Pretty colors too. Is it still the same colorist for Jimenez? If I only glance at the first page, I'd thought it's still Jimenez team.
    They should've figured out that with Magistrate defeated and Scarecrow Arkhamized he would have time for small crooks

Guess Lex still knows Bruce is Batman then
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It'll be interesting to see how Williamson does a "jovial" Batman who doesn't talk that much. Relying less on gadgets should be interesting too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Guess Lex still knows Bruce is Batman then
    I honestly keep forgetting that was a thing because it hadn't come up since Johns stopped writing JL.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how Williamson does a "jovial" Batman who doesn't talk that much. Relying less on gadgets should be interesting too.

I honestly keep forgetting that was a thing because it hadn't come up since Johns stopped writing JL.
    he was on the JL after forever evil man that was a trip

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Jotting that down...

New 52 Year 2 - Forever Evil is canon...
    Of course, it's canon... it leads to Grayson... and the current Helena is still the one from Spyral... the bigger question is how much of the Bertinelli history is still canon...

New 52 Year 3 - Amazo Virus leading to Darkseid War is still canon...
    Meaning that...

Rebirth - Action Comics Rebirth is still canon...

Whatever that means... since the bulk of it was stories leading up to Superman Reborn that's no longer exist within the current history since the events are already fixed... so I guess that part is gone...

So the one that is still in history would be the part where Lex showed up in Super Sons and the Super Family vs Anti-Superman Army arc that freed Ursa and Lor-Zod from The Phantom Zone

I don't know other story arcs besides that. After that, he turned evil again in Justice League

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Jotting that down...

New 52 Year 2 - Forever Evil is canon...
    Of course, it's canon... it leads to Grayson... and the current Helena is still the one from Spyral... the bigger question is how much of the Bertinelli history is still canon...

New 52 Year 3 - Amazo Virus leading to Darkseid War is still canon...
    Meaning that...

Rebirth - Action Comics Rebirth is still canon...

Whatever that means... since the bulk of it was stories leading up to Superman Reborn that's no longer exist within the current history since the events are already fixed... so I guess that part is gone...

So the one that is still in history would be the part where Lex showed up in Super Sons and the Super Family vs Anti-Superman Army arc that freed Ursa and Lor-Zod from The Phantom Zone

I don't know other story arcs besides that. After that, he turned evil again in Justice League
    Don't forget about No Justice!

Really good feel to this issue, loved the art. Kind of feels like this is where I want Batman to be at, compared to Fear State.