Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    I have to say that despite being one of Reed's much obviously largest fans, if not THE largest of the last twenty years and especially the past ten (if my still being as sizable a Reed advocate as ever after all of the ridiculous crap heaped on him by writers and readers/'True Believers' in the previous decade is not devotion, I don't know what is), I have not and almost never would honestly bet on Reed ever having a solo series*. If it ever did happen, I would very, VERY GLADLY absolutely love to be wrong, eat my crow, and immediately be in line to read/support such a series. If Reed ever did manage to finally land a regularsolo, I would hope beyond hope that Hickman would be the one to write it...he, Robinson, and Kesel are the only ones at Marvel I can significantly trust to varying degrees with the Reed Richards character currently.

* - I don't count Reed's Before The Four limited because that was, well, not a regular series.
    I love how Hickman writes Reed, too. The only reason I didn't mention him is because, like you say, he probably won't get a solo. I think a big part of that is because he's such a central figure of the FF. Hickman's whole run was about Reed, when you boil it down...although there was plenty for the other characters, too.

But if he ever did get a solo, I agree with your choices.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I love it that your post can be applied to Namor just as easily as to Black Panther.

Personally, I find both characters...and Dr. strange, too....to currently be as compelling as they have ever been. All three characters have had trouble in the past maintaining a solo book. But depending on the creative team, I'd give any of them a try at this point.
    My post had nothing to do with Namor. The character hasn't once been held up on the shoulders of other characters and as much as I like Namor I can admit that the character isn't in dire need for a solo since he appeares in so many titles in a given year. I would prefer a solo but it really isn't as essetinal as it is for other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    My post had nothing to do with Namor. The character hasn't once been held up on the shoulders of other characters and as much as I like Namor I can admit that the character isn't in dire need for a solo since he appeares in so many titles in a given year. I would prefer a solo but it really isn't as essetinal as it is for other characters.
    I know your post was directed at Black Panther. But everything you said could apply to Namor. Pretty sure the character is being held up by his involvement with the X-Men in recent years.

And a solo isn't essential for Black Panther either, not when there's a monthly book in which he plays such a central role.

But it's all opinion anyway. I just thought that it was funny that I could easily see someone posting about Namor the stuff you did about BP.

The characters do have many similarities, both in story and in the real world.

BANNED

I doubt anything will happen to them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I know your post was directed at Black Panther. But everything you said could apply to Namor. Pretty sure the character is being held up by his involvement with the X-Men in recent years.

And a solo isn't essential for Black Panther either, not when there's a monthly book in which he plays such a central role.

But it's all opinion anyway. I just thought that it was funny that I could easily see someone posting about Namor the stuff you did about BP.

The characters do have many similarities, both in story and in the real world.
    Actually, you would be wrong about the X-Men. Namor time on that team didn't have any characters take a backseat or made to look bad at his expense, which has been the norm with the Black Panther. Hell for most of the series Namor was there just to lift the heaviy stuff.

Yes, BP is currently in a monthly book. Not sure what that has to do with anything I said though. Namors story is so flexible that in a lot of ways it is ingrained into the MU which allows him to be a character that is sought out and used by several writers each year. Black Panther doesn't have that but at the same time if Hickman's gamble works then he won't need it. If not another character will be added to the Black Panther proping in hopes to make readers care list..

Sure I can agree that their are similarities but what I said. In my pervious post had nothing to do with the ruler of the 616 oceans.

Whatever happens to T'Challa, I have a feeling it'll be big... maybe death big?

Hickman's New Avengers started with T'Challa, and it will end with T'Challa.

maybe shuri will put him on trial for endangering her people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    maybe shuri will put him on trial for endangering her people.
    As many times as he has done that it would mean life imprisonment. Which would never happen :/

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    As many times as he has done that it would mean life imprisonment. Which would never happen :/
    wakanda practices capital punishment i thought?