Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Default What is going to happen to Reed and T'Challa?

- Dr. Strange has lost his soul and is walking a mysterious and dangerous path. He has lost his humanity.
    - Black Bolt is believed to be dead. He has lied not only to his wife and family, but to the people he commands. He has lost his kingdom.
    - Namor has lost his Kingdom, destroyed by war and has thrown in with the Cabal.
    - Beast is already in a rough place. He's been confused for years with no real direction. He's not happy, he doesn't feel like he fits in with mutants, and he has done some extreme things. He has done things he finds reprehensible, he has lost who he himself is.

What about Reed? What about T'Challa? They have much more to loose than the other members, a family, and the country one lives for. Does anyone remember this scene, written by Hickman in the end of his run on Fantastic Four?
    FF1.jpg
    FF2.jpg
    Would Reed be able to live without the love of his family (we already 616 Reed is the only one who is good BECAUSE of his family)? Likewise, would T'Challa be able to live as an outcast from Wakanda, ostracized by the previous Panthers?

And the text can't be read. Is says...""A bond was forged here. And now the two of you are linked...Your fates intertwined. What was started here today can only be severed by death, and maybe not even then. Dark days lie ahead. Face them together."
    Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 08-27-2014 at 07:47 AM.

The dark days are obviously referring ot the incursions.

And what do you mean what is going to happen to T'challa? Instead of being king of Wakanda, he was moved to the shadows by Bast to be king of a dead necropolis and given new powers. He basically conspires with the enemy to his nation, gets banned from Wakanda by his sister, abandoned by his Doras, already lost his marriage in AvX, and then got abandoned by his ancestors because he wouldn't pull the trigger. Oh, and him using Necroplis as a prison to THanos and company lead to Namor breaking them out and unleashing the Cabal. Oh, and the trigger mentioned before.. he helped build them.

Dude has nothing. Nothing at all right now. What more do you want to happen to him lol.

Reed is one of the few unscathed at the moment other than being broken mentally.

I am interested in this "link" though... Hickman did it on purpose so I will be curious to what happens.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

To Reed? Probably nothing, apart from his family being temporarily PO'ed at him. That's the upside of Reed having his own book. Hickman only really borrows Reed, so he needs to return him essentially intact.

T'Challa is a different matter as he's solely under Hickmans pen, so there can and likely will be some real consequences. He's already exiled. That's likely his big punishment. Though that will eventually pass too I imagine.

Mighty Member

Unless T'Challa gets his own series he will continue to be the Black n Blue Panther and be deconstructed into limbo and publishing obscurity.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Unless T'Challa gets his own series he will continue to be the Black n Blue Panther and be deconstructed into limbo and publishing obscurity.
    If he can continue to be used in Avengers, I'd frankly argue that's actually bigger than having a solo book at least in the present market.

I suppose whether or not BP will find a place on the Avengers post Hickman is the question mark.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

I don't want anything to happen to T'Challa. Hickman has done a very good job making him the one we all feel sympathetic for. Of all the men, he's obviously the most "pure". I suppose my point is that of all the illuminati, these two have the most to lose. I'm just curious to see if they, out of all the others, do share a very similar fate (one which the others are not a part of). I'd like to think that the link the two have is going to be a big point in the near future.

how is he the most "pure?" he tried to suicide the universe twice in the past month.

BANNED

I doubt anything will happen to either of them. Reed always skates past long last consequence and T'Challa has bed marvels MS for years. I think him crying and throwing the tantrum is the only consequence the character will receive.

Mighty Member

You are surely not a panther fan. That's fine. I can dig it. But put yourself in our shoes. He has been deconstructed for a few years now and I am almost sick of reading him. Of all the characters in the NA he has no other book or movie on the horizon. You may think other characters are propping him up but he is really only being used as a door mat. He is no longer king or even welcome in Wakanda. No marriage. No respect from his anscestors. And been shown balling on stage. Do you really believe nothing will happen to him? Well, maybe you are correct. Because nearly everything has. He is not the same character he was when I started reading him 32 years ago.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

The question should be what would happen to Reed, Tony and maybe Beast (he gets shitted on in the X-books so he doesn't need anymore coming from here). BP has been getting deconstruction since his sister banned him from Wakanda.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    You are surely not a panther fan. That's fine. I can dig it. But put yourself in our shoes. He has been deconstructed for a few years now and I am almost sick of reading him. Of all the characters in the NA he has no other book or movie on the horizon. You may think other characters are propping him up but he is really only being used as a door mat. He is no longer king or even welcome in Wakanda. No marriage. No respect from his anscestors. And been shown balling on stage. Do you really believe nothing will happen to him? Well, maybe you are correct. Because nearly everything has. He is not the same character he was when I started reading him 32 years ago.
    All the things that "happen" to him in the grand comic scheme of things are inconsequential. Outside of a few recent issues he is still portrayed in a similar fashion that he always has been and at the end of Hickman's run he will still probably be in the same state if not better than where Hickman picked him up. To good for his own good but not drawing enough to make a majority of comic fans care aka the in between or if Hickman's/Marvels gamble works he will finally be entertaining enough to stand on his own feet no longer depending on the shoulders of other characters to keep him a float.

He's not coming out of this worse than he started despite the over concern of his die hard fans. To much time an attention has been invested in him for something like that to occur.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

When did Black Bolt die??? He was at the meeting with the Illuminati in NA#23 and he was the one that pointed out Namor was missing. Your wording is a bit confusing. Maybe self imposed exile?

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    All the things that "happen" to him in the grand comic scheme of things are inconsequential. Outside of a few recent issues he is still portrayed in a similar fashion that he always has been and at the end of Hickman's run he will still probably be in the same state if not better than where Hickman picked him up. To good for his own good but not drawing enough to make a majority of comic fans care aka the in between or if Hickman's/Marvels gamble works he will finally be entertaining enough to stand on his own feet no longer depending on the shoulders of other characters to keep him a float.

He's not coming out of this worse than he started despite the over concern of his die hard fans. To much time an attention has been invested in him for something like that to occur.
    I love it that your post can be applied to Namor just as easily as to Black Panther.

Personally, I find both characters...and Dr. strange, too....to currently be as compelling as they have ever been. All three characters have had trouble in the past maintaining a solo book. But depending on the creative team, I'd give any of them a try at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    When did Black Bolt die??? He was at the meeting with the Illuminati in NA#23 and he was the one that pointed out Namor was missing. Your wording is a bit confusing. Maybe self imposed exile?
    He's only believed dead by everyone but the Illuminati after the events of Infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Personally, I find both characters...and Dr. strange, too....to currently be as compelling as they have ever been. All three characters have had trouble in the past maintaining a solo book. But depending on the creative team, I'd give any of them a try at this point.
    I have to say that despite being one of Reed's much obviously largest fans, if not THE largest of the last twenty years and especially the past ten (if my still being as sizable a Reed advocate as ever after all of the ridiculous crap heaped on him by writers and readers/'True Believers' in the previous decade is not devotion, I don't know what is), I have not and almost never would honestly bet on Reed ever having a solo series*. If it ever did happen, I would very, VERY GLADLY absolutely love to be wrong, eat my crow, and immediately be in line to read/support such a series. If Reed ever did manage to finally land a regularsolo, I would hope beyond hope that Hickman would be the one to write it...he, Robinson, and Kesel are the only ones at Marvel I can significantly trust to varying degrees with the Reed Richards character currently.

* - I don't count Reed's Before The Four limited because that was, well, not a regular series.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven