Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    This was obviously an issue meant to set up the upcoming event. There were interesting bits here and there (Ahab working for the Skull for example which makes perfect sense if you think about it... but what's Kang stake? I doubt it's just the spite factor...), and nothing memorable happened.

And then of course, Rogue. Nothing to say there, nothing shocking happened, besides the fact the inane reactions from those who hated this title from day one were obvious and predictable. In some cases the same people who wanted Rogue to regain her classic power set are now upset that Rogue got it but can't make her powers work properly and of course they blame Remeder for not realizing how their pet heroine should be the absolute center of the whole Marvel Universe and how everything should be given to her with no cost whatsoever...

And so we'll spend another thread dealing with their complaints and NOT talking about the issue and what is coming with Axis.
    The hate of Rogue's characterization has little to do with her powers. Though no control after everything in Legacy is such a step back. It has to do with how Remender has regressed Rogue's character. She is a proven hero, her meddle has been tested. Remender took the tough little spitfire of the X-Men and destroyed her backbone. Her spirit and toughness replaced by a crying, harpy biotch baby who needs Wanda to save her. Then to have Wanda, the one who gets possessed all the time and is directly responsible for Rogue's current condition, tell Rogue to get a grip and is all preachy-preachy- hypocrisy. And you think Rogue fans are supposed to be happy about this?

only people who do not genuinely appreciate rogue for the hero she is could ever be OK with these development.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think Rogue fans are complaining about a pet character, they're just upset that she's been in this book for so long and been given so few chances to show herself for the hero they know her to be. Punching Wanda, killing Wanda, getting sucker-stabbed by Eric, and now losing control of her powers again and having a freakout. She did get to help save the day in #22, but everything before that did leave a bad taste in her fans' mouths and made them not trust Remender.

It's similar with Wanda, even though some people accuse her of being the pet character of the book, she's really been given few heroic moments and spent most of the book being mind-controlled, trash-talking Rogue, and now causing Rogue to lose control (which means she's been used yet again to reset things to an old status quo, only at least this time it was an accident).

Compare that to how many heroic moments Alex has had, or Thor in this book. They've had a better mix of hard choices and pain and mistakes - since the whole Apocalypse Twins thing is Thor's fault - with big hero moments. I don't think Remender hates women or anything, I just think he dropped the ball with the women in this book (though Wasp comes off better).

BANNED

His handling of Rogue has been a disaster.

Ultimate Member

Seriously Marvel? Do you not remember what happened the last time that you let Immortus get involved in the sex lives of superheroes? Well let me remind you, it was one of the worst stories that you've ever done. The fact that they'd even vaguely try this again is mind-boggling, it's just creepy (and not in a good way). Oh and RR's systematic destruction/regression of Rogue's character continues.

BANNED

Because thats what I want I read an Avenger #200 all over again. Seriously the next issue hasn't come out so unless Remender commits the deed its all just speculation. As to Rogue, eh seeing as how Wanda was ruined by Disassembled its about time someone from the X-men was utterly ruined.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    for me this is about the ugly trend of every mutant under remender's care being maimed, brutalized, or disfigured since this series began. it is constant and un-yielding and that is worrisome.
    The non-mutant heroes (except Wasp) didn't fare too well, either.

Oh, blind eye. Sorry!

You know, it's interesting how its mentioned that the 7 futures were destroyed as a result of the last arc and yet as Spider-Verse shows 2099 (one of those futures) is perfectly fine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    As to Rogue, eh seeing as how Wanda was ruined by Disassembled its about time someone from the X-men was utterly ruined.
    No, the way to do it would be to ruin one of Bendis's pet characters. I suggest Jessica Drew.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    No, the way to do it would be to ruin one of Bendis's pet characters. I suggest Jessica Drew.
    Milo Manara took care of her, apparently.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Am I the only one a little grossed out by the concentration camps? History has shown us that Remender is not the person to handle sensitive issues like this at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Bendis is going after all of the X-men at the moment, I'm sure he'll ruin at least one to make his plot work. He's already spoiled Hank for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Bendis is going after all of the X-men at the moment, I'm sure he'll ruin at least one to make his plot work. He's already spoiled Hank for me.
    Just as he's done so to Kitty Pryde for me. That hypocrisy in her departure from the JGS at the end of BotA. smh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Just as he's done so to Kitty Pryde for me. That hypocrisy in her departure from the JGS at the end of BotA. smh
    It's how he writes and you have to admit he's good at it. No one that I know of makes the sales figures go up as much as Bendis does when he's shredding characters.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    As to Rogue, eh seeing as how Wanda was ruined by Disassembled its about time someone from the X-men was utterly ruined.
    I recommend reading the Avengers vs X-Men crossover.