Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

So I gather that it's only the alternate reality version of characters that go super bad. A shame, really.

Lifebringer back to Galactus

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    So I gather that it's only the alternate reality version of characters that go super bad. A shame, really.
    Yeah, perhaps cases like Maxwell Lord are the best you can get, someone who was good, but not a super-hero, who became evil, and I guess a case of that in Marvel is Madelyne Pryor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah, perhaps cases like Maxwell Lord are the best you can get, someone who was good, but not a super-hero, who became evil, and I guess a case of that in Marvel is Madelyne Pryor.
    I was going to mention Madelyne Pryor as the closest we have to hero turned villain.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Other attempts never stick for the main timeline characters, though some had potential...

Last edited by Thirteen; 11-16-2021 at 01:16 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Yeah...in the case of the big two they are kind of stuck between a rock and hard place. Thye cannot have a popular character do too bivouac monstrous action beyond redemption but at same times they face/heel/face turn proved to be enough popular to prompt it being used times and times again.

John Walker/Super-Patriot's dark turn as Captain America almost made it but then they pulled him back to being merely an @$$hole hero as USAgent.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Except Madelyne falls under the clone/doppelganger disqualifier, so even she's out. Maybe if Marvel had taken my advice years ago and established that Madelyne was Jean's identical twin sister and not her clone. But oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    John Walker/Super-Patriot's dark turn as Captain America almost made it but then they pulled him back to being merely an @$$hole hero as USAgent.

To this day, that is still my favorite Captain America storyline. Waid and Garney's first run comes in close second.

Peace

Jack Monroe/Nomad's stint as the serial killer Scourge in THUNDERBOLTS was inspired re-purposing of a character that fell into limbo.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jack_Monroe_(Earth-616)

Last edited by Thirteen; 11-16-2021 at 11:10 AM.