Extraordinary Member

Default I Am Batman #3 Preview

I Am Batman #3 Preview
    Writer: John Ridley
    Artist: Stephen Segovia

You know, I get why Lucius might be angry but this is son whose only been back a few months after years away. Maybe ease off a bit. Of course if we were to see this from Lucius side no doubt we’d see he’s both still stressed from Punchline and concerned his son is falling back into bad habits.

Man I really hope Ridley just does an issue where Lucius and Jace can just talk
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

There's that patented Bat-training!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Interesting to see that side of Lucius after so long being the reasonable father/authority figure for someone who's not his son
    It's different when it's personal

Oh somebody tell me if he ever finds out Bruce uses his other son to test his own prototype suits, I want to see the explosion

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Interesting to see that side of Lucius after so long being the reasonable father/authority figure for someone who's not his son
    It's different when it's personal

Oh somebody tell me if he ever finds out Bruce uses his other son to test his own prototype suits, I want to see the explosion
    Did Lucius not know about Luke being Batwing and employed by Bruce? Although I feel like New 52-wise they were kind of vague as to whether he knew Bruce was Batman.

This run is definitely making the Foxes more complex. Meanwhile Batwoman is getting turned into Empire on her TV show.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did Lucius not know about Luke being Batwing and employed by Bruce? Although I feel like New 52-wise they were kind of vague as to whether he knew Bruce was Batman.

This run is definitely making the Foxes more complex. Meanwhile Batwoman is getting turned into Empire on her TV show.
    I don't know if they've updated it, but early on he did not. Luke was worried that The Marabunta kidnapped his father because they know he's Batwing, but it's because they wanted his technology.

Damn, this looks dope.

I agree with Resingvoice, its weird seeing Lucius interact with Jace compared to Bruce. But man, if you think your son is backsliding, maybe screaming and storming out isn't the best way to deal with it? Seeing Lucius so emotional is almost off-putting.

I also agree with Sifighter - Jace and Lucius need an issue to hash it out and begin working on their relationship.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose