Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Eh, they've made DC references before in the MCU as well as previous Marvel movies like the Raimi Spider-Man film. I wouldn't read too much into it.

And Dane had a magic, possibly evil, sword. That's right up Blade's alley, plus their both British.
    Presumably if this Blade is British.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Presumably if this Blade is British.
    Well I meant since the comic character is British, that's another connection the MCU could be going for.

Astonishing Member

Well I meant since the comic character is British, that's another connection the MCU could be going for.

The Blade being British is one of the weirder old Marvel comics things. Yes he is British. But when you read those old Tomb of Dracula stories if you didn't know he was born in Great Britain there is nothing to indicate him actually being British at all lol. Now granted thats not exactly easy to portray. But he never used any British slang or anything.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm fine if Blade continues being from Detroit like in the Wesley Snipes movies. Not like the character loses anything by not being British.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    The Blade being British is one of the weirder old Marvel comics things. Yes he is British. But when you read those old Tomb of Dracula stories if you didn't know he was born in Great Britain there is nothing to indicate him actually being British at all lol. Now granted thats not exactly easy to portray. But he never used any British slang or anything.
    Yeah, I didn't know he was until I read the MI:13 comic. But I thought it was a cool bit of backstory/trivia and different than just making him African American or African like most other black characters.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I didn't know he was until I read the MI:13 comic. But I thought it was a cool bit of backstory/trivia and different than just making him African American or African like most other black characters.

Yea. Just odd. If you read those old books and didn't know his origin as a reader you would think this is a stereotypical African American running around in Europe. Shoot now that I think about it basically everyone in that book came across as a sterotypical American running around Europe. Except for the Indian guy who didn't talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm fine if Blade continues being from Detroit like in the Wesley Snipes movies. Not like the character loses anything by not being British.
    Can a half-vampire even drink tea? Asking for a friend.

Anybody else agree at times with Arishem and Ikaris that maybe Earth had to go so many more planets with life could be born. I mean. I know, it's Earth and all, but there was a true philosophical dilemma there. It's the Trolley question writ on a cosmic scale.

I also liked that Thanos' snap gave Earth centuries more and the Avengers screwed that up. D)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

And Dane had a magic, possibly evil, sword. That's right up Blade's alley, plus their both British.
    The funny thing is that in the comics, Blade is British and Dane is American. A lot of people think Black Knight is British because he's been running with groups like MI:13 for a while. But naw, he's from Massachusetts or something. So, it might be reversed in the MCU.

Did anyone else think of The 10 Rings when Phastos was making bracelets for everyone? There were originally 10 Eternals, so maybe that is the number that the Celestials put on each planet they incubating. Possibly another group of Eternals (Starfox's clan) also created bracelets in order to focus their power and they somehow made their way to earth, where Shang-Chi's father found them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Anybody else agree at times with Arishem and Ikaris that maybe Earth had to go so many more planets with life could be born. I mean. I know, it's Earth and all, but there was a true philosophical dilemma there. It's the Trolley question writ on a cosmic scale.

I also liked that Thanos' snap gave Earth centuries more and the Avengers screwed that up. D)
    It’s one of those things that people aren’t really talking about much.

Ikaris actually had a point. He might have gone rather “hard” but potentially seeding other worlds isn’t a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It’s one of those things that people aren’t really talking about much.

Ikaris actually had a point. He might have gone rather “hard” but potentially seeding other worlds isn’t a bad thing.
    Going ''hard" was who he was. He accepted they were all created for one purpose.

And in the cosmic scale of things, we'll everyone alive will be dead in 100 years, a flicker in the life of the Stars. So they are only saving so many years of human life. They didn't care about half the population blinking. Now I could see the plan where they get part of the population off planet to continue the race, but they sacrificed a cosmic being who would be instrumental in the balance of the Universe for our paltry race. No matter how fond they are of us.
    If someone told you the only way for Earth to continue, all the bunny rabbits had to die, would you pick keeping the bunnies?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

I actually kept waiting for someone to bring up the Avengers snapping everyone across the Galaxy back as a “third option” counterargument to allowing Earth’s destruction; that either Earth had earned the right to be treated as an exception, or Earth should be qualified as an insurance policy for the rest of the Galaxy given that (and how they’ve become a refuge for the Asgardians.)

It’s a weird situation where an intended philosophical debate is mired and contradicted by some other element of lore that arguably makes it more difficult to call “fairly.” Someone among the Eternals should have pointed out that Earth’s heroes could claim a truly massive debt - or answered whether or not the Celestials were included in the Snaps.

That last one especially is a bit of lore work I’m super-curious about - because while we know the Celestials exist before the Infinity Stones, we don’t know if they’re immune to the Stones, particularly in coordination. Ego’s DNA giving Peter resistance to the Power Stone could imply they might be “above it”, but we also know at one point they wanted to use the stones themselves.

And it wouldn’t preclude the Celestials still feeling they were above being in debt to one planet’s mortals - or bringing up the Asgardians or Kree as counterpoints about how even the capacity for stupendous heroism doesn’t mean they’re stable enough to count on for that.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Niffleheim

The discussions of Sacred Timelines Vs the Emergence are going to be fun lol! Can the Emergence be categorized as something that should or shouldn’t supposed to have happened?
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-07-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The discussions of Sacred Timelines Vs the Emergence are going to be fun lol! Can the Emergence be categorized as something that is supposed to happen?
    I think when Loki met Sylvie, they were on earth in 2050. So no, the celestials were supposed to fail. Plus i think Kang/Immortus/he who remains is human, so his species probably wasn't wiped out centuries before his birth.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 11-07-2021 at 03:55 PM.