Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

So Eternals are advanced androids but we know Thanos isn’t. I mean hit arm and head got chopped off. They would have noticed if there was mechanical parts inside. So maybe arishem lied and made biological Eternals first(The Etenrals of Titan or maybe even more who knows). Just like the Deviants he lost control of those Eternals and decided to only make the android ones from there on out. Also maybe other deviants have evolved even beyond that of the earth ones. Leading to interbreeding on some cases and that’s how you get Thanos. Or They follow the comics and the Deviant gene is just in those first Eternals and sometimes activated. TBH I didn’t feel like Arishem was lying to them though when Sersi was finally given the truth. So yea I interested in seeing how they explain how Thanos could be a Eternal as presented in this film. I guess him just being an Eternal is possible and he altered himself and that not his natural look. Maybe get a human Josh Brolin in a flashback with eros. Though I don’t like the idea at all.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So Eternals are advanced androids but we know Thanos isn’t. I mean hit arm and head got chopped off. They would have noticed if there was mechanical parts inside. So maybe arishem lied and made biological Eternals first(The Etenrals of Titan or maybe even more who knows). Just like the Deviants he lost control of those Eternals and decided to only make the android ones from there on out. Also maybe other deviants have evolved even beyond that of the earth ones. Leading to interbreeding on some cases and that’s how you get Thanos. Or They follow the comics and the Deviant gene is just in those first Eternals and sometimes activated. TBH I didn’t feel like Arishem was lying to them though when Sersi was finally given the truth. So yea I interested in seeing how they explain how Thanos could be a Eternal as presented in this film. I guess him just being an Eternal is possible and he altered himself and that not his natural look. Maybe get a human Josh Brolin in a flashback with eros. Though I don’t like the idea at all.
    Eternals could be biotechnical. Sersi managed to turn Spite into a full blown human. There's as to be something organic in them for that to even be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Eternals could be biotechnical. Sersi managed to turn Spite into a full blown human. There's as to be something organic in them for that to even be possible.
    They Also never knew they were androids. But we saw what they look like underneath everything in The world forge. If you opened them up I think there has to be a mechanical look. It’s defiantly biological to a degre cause they can be cremated.

They Also never knew they were androids. But we saw what they look like underneath everything in The world forge. If you opened them up I think there has to be a mechanical look. It’s defiantly biological to a degre cause they can be cremated.
    I honestly took it that the "robots" line was more figurative than literal (even Sersi's vision where they look like androids while under "construction" could either be figurative, a visual fudge to help the audience understand how she feels in the moment, her being shown everything in visuals that her mind could process rather than the literal truth, or that the Celestial's creation process is so different from anything we'd do that it doesn't look biological).

Also, seeing how it's pointed out that they have functions to prevent aging (rather than just being inherently incapable of aging), bleed, need to eat, and, as pointed out before, can become human with the right power source, it seems like they're supposed to be flesh and blood, even if the Celestials' trick of copying and blocking their memories at intervals and obvious intent that they wouldn't have free will is more akin to a robot.

Long story short, I think they're supposed to be clones, test tube babies, or something like that rather than robots.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I honestly took it that the "robots" line was more figurative than literal (even Sersi's vision where they look like androids while under "construction" could either be figurative, a visual fudge to help the audience understand how she feels in the moment, her being shown everything in visuals that her mind could process rather than the literal truth, or that the Celestial's creation process is so different from anything we'd do that it doesn't look biological).

Also, seeing how it's pointed out that they have functions to prevent aging (rather than just being inherently incapable of aging), bleed, need to eat, and, as pointed out before, can become human with the right power source, it seems like they're supposed to be flesh and blood, even if the Celestials' trick of copying and blocking their memories at intervals and obvious intent that they wouldn't have free will is more akin to a robot.

Long story short, I think they're supposed to be clones, test tube babies, or something like that rather than robots.
    I mean when she shares the truth with the other they even refer to themselves as robots or androids. Not clones or copies of an original. Even if they have a lack of understanding themselves I don’t see any reason to assume that the world forge and all the androids we were shown was anything but real. Of course everything Ashrem said could be a lie. I just don’t see any evidence it was lying or trying to dumb things so for Sersi. I think these androids are so advanced that they are biological in every way that matter. But going off that scene if you cut one open you would quickly realize that it’s something different. Also they are suppose to be unable to evolve that was kinda the point in making them that way. Thanos would have to be some kinda evolution or devolution. So no matter how you cut it I think the Eternals of Titan are gonna have to be different then the ones we met. Also the Eternal dimentia sounded like Thenas hard drive was full and causeing her systems to go a little hay wire. I mean maybe they’re lives are just too long and a brain mechanical or bilogical can’t handle it. Too much data for either.

As far as one of them being made Human. Sersi turned a living creature into a tree and then another into Ice or Marble I’m not sure. She also turned debris into flying creatures(Iono if she turned the debris into Bats or small birds it was hard to tell). So even without the power up she was already doing stuff she wasn’t supposed to be able to. Using left over power from the unimind to turn one android Human doesn’t seem crazy after the other stuff she did. I’m not crazy about them being androids so I hope your righ though.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-08-2021 at 09:55 PM.

Mighty Member

Nah, they're Cylons. NuBSG human form Cylons. It maybe doesn't make a bit of actual sense, but they are somehow organic machines. Robots made of flesh and blood.

Niffleheim

So we are considering Arishem told Sersi 100% truth about them being "robots"?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Vision is synthetic and he seems to have muscle fibres, organs, etc under his skin. It's just not made out of the same stuff as us.

Mighty Member

I mean when she shares the truth with the other they even refer to themselves as robots or androids. Not clones or copies of an original. Even if they have a lack of understanding themselves I don’t see any reason to assume that the world forge and all the androids we were shown was anything but real. Of course everything Ashrem said could be a lie. I just don’t see any evidence it was lying or trying to dumb things so for Sersi. I think these androids are so advanced that they are biological in every way that matter. But going off that scene if you cut one open you would quickly realize that it’s something different. Also they are suppose to be unable to evolve that was kinda the point in making them that way. Thanos would have to be some kinda evolution or devolution. So no matter how you cut it I think the Eternals of Titan are gonna have to be different then the ones we met.
    As Kro absorded the Eternal's energy he became more humanoid maybe Thanos is a desent of an offshoot of Eternals and Deviant that merged and formed a new species.

I think there is more to the story than what Arishem told Sersi.

All-New Member

The only things that bothers me are the Deviants are not at all interesting — the fact they cannot speak for the most part contributes to that. Heck, some of them don't even get names, despite appearing repeatedly. One doesn't appear until three-quarters into the movie.

Incredible Member

As far as one of them being made Human. Sersi turned a living creature into a tree and then another into Ice or Marble I’m not sure. She also turned debris into flying creatures(Iono if she turned the debris into Bats or small birds it was hard to tell). So even without the power up she was already doing stuff she wasn’t supposed to be able to.
    I understood the instance when she turned that Deviant into a tree (?) to be a sign of unplanned evolution (just like what happened with the Deviants) or in other words Sersi transcending her "programming". The instance where she changed the debris into small birds could either be another expression of her evolving powers or an oversight by someone who worked on VFX and didn't get the memo on how the powers work

I think the narrative that the Eternals were created and programmed by the Celestials for a certain function was clear. But the visuals accompanying the expalnation wasn't clear what they were exactly. I imagine there is just one set of Eternals at a time that live until the planet they protect births a Celestial. Which is a rare occurrence.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Niffleheim

We are interpreting what we saw as them being machines but that could just as easily have been creative choice in how they were depicted or just how Arishem saw them in relation to his programming
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-09-2021 at 11:56 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

I enjoyed this film more, in comparison to Black Widow and Shang Chi. I liked that we saw something different from Marvel and it was fresh to see shades of grey in a story. I can understand people who couldn't enjoy it(my girlfriend fell asleep at half of the film), but i hope Marvel/Disney release more film with different styles in the future.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Yes, it's definitely meant to be figurative.

Reading through all these comments I'm surprised at how many viewers took the "robots" line literally.

I'm leaning towards test tube babies or a Celestial form of immaculate conception.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002