Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Vision is synthetic and he seems to have muscle fibres, organs, etc under his skin. It's just not made out of the same stuff as us.
    He has organs?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    He has organs?
    Iono maybe but Hegot torn apart in Wanda Vision all I remember was he looked pretty damn robotic torn apart.

Yea I don’t get how people are so certain of this idea they are clones or test tube babies. Test tube babies are any harder to understand then Advanced androids. Makes no sense that the Eternals would then refer to themselves after getting this info as Androids or robots. They are completely capable of understanding what a genetically engineered person is. They specifically showed a more mechanical bein. I don’t think there’s any artistic interpretation there. If they aren’t super advanced androids then Arishem lied. I saw no evidence he was lying when he reveled the truth to Sersi.

As far as Sersi evolving. I don’t think she evolved at all. They mention everyone underestimated her in the movie. I think no one underestimated her more then herself. She didn’t evolve, she just met her potential imo. This idea I’m not married to though since they didn’t make it clear.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Iono maybe but Hegot torn apart in Wanda Vision all I remember was he looked pretty damn robotic torn apart.

Yea I don’t get how people are so certain of this idea they are clones or test tube babies. Test tube babies are any harder to understand then Advanced androids. Makes no sense that the Eternals would then refer to themselves after getting this info as Androids or robots. They are completely capable of understanding what a genetically engineered person is. They specifically showed a more mechanical bein. I don’t think there’s any artistic interpretation there. If they aren’t super advanced androids then Arishem lied. I saw no evidence he was lying when he reveled the truth to Sersi.

As far as Sersi evolving. I don’t think she evolved at all. They mention everyone underestimated her in the movie. I think no one underestimated her more then herself. She didn’t evolve, she just met her potential imo. This idea I’m not married to though since they didn’t make it clear.
    The way I think of it is that they eat food, drink wine, and have sex. All of that points to a biological lifeform instead of mechanical lifeform. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume the Celestials can design and program organic beings as well as robots.

They're Celestials FFS. They create stars and planets that can generate life. They created the Deviants, who are biological and can evolve. Why can't they create biological robots?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They're Celestials FFS. They create stars and planets that can generate life. They created the Deviants, who are biological and can evolve. Why can't they create biological robots?
    Exactly. I viewed them similar to Replicant, bioengineered being with coding that prevent them from aging.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Yup. This isn't something that needs a lot of thought out into it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    The way I think of it is that they eat food, drink wine, and have sex. All of that points to a biological lifeform instead of mechanical lifeform. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume the Celestials can design and program organic beings as well as robots.
    This exactly.

I think they are just artificial people but still super people.

Ultimate Member

My thoughts exactly.

The cast confesses that they shot a much longer scene with Styles that did not make it to the final cut of the film. In the scene they removed, the Eternals and Eros are sitting aboard the Dome ship, communicating with the Celestial Arishem with their eyes closed.

Mighty Member

Awesome movie. Love Sersi.

I agree with this they are biological in almost every way that matters. They eat drink bleed , be cremated and most importantly they don’t know they are advanced androids. For Phastos to not know this they have to be so advanced we can’t tell them apart from a natural bein by normal means . My only issues is we saw what they look like inside and I don’t see any evidence that scene was a lie or artistic interpretation. If Zhoe comes out and says that I’ll go with it. But the Eternals call themselves robots and androids in the movie after learning the truth. Druig says it dismissively and then he’s corrected with the term androids IiRc. Anyway yea they gonna have to either say Arishem wasn’t truthful or were missing a shit ton of information to get from These Eternals to Thanos. I can’t wait till we get there. Hope we get Thanos in some flashbacks. Too good of a character

I liked it overall, altho it does have some pacing issues and i continue to believe after seeing it that it should've been done as a 2-parter to allow more time for character development and for some of the subplots to breathe a bit more.

Rando questions:

1) Why/how did the Deviants develop the ability to absorb Eternal's powers & memories? We are told they are evolving, but this still seems like a pretty half-baked subplot. I guess they are mainly there to be a red herring and also (weirdly) to help Thena work thru her issues, i guess? Kro and the other deviants should have been given more of a personality, but with a cast already this stuffed that would be a hurdle.

2) What was the jade tablet that Druig and Maccari were going on about? if its a comic easter egg its one i'm unaware of. just curious.

I think the Earth X Celestial angle was a decent one to go with, i generally prefer the Celestials to be much more enigmatic so i wasn't a huge fan of hearing them "talk" and having their motivations laid out so openly, but again those choices do make sense for a moviegoing public that is unfamiliar with them. And i think visually they were handled quite well.

Sersi seemed the most different from her comic counterpart, who was always about partying all the time. I'm also starting to think Gemma Chan just isn't a great actress, i mean i liked her on Humans but there she was playing a robot with suppressed emotions, mostly. she came across as pretty boring in this role imo.

My #1 complaint: The trailer spoiled the "murder mystery" for me!!! We saw Ajak warn Ikaris about there only being 7 days left in the trailer. In the movie , Sprite, Sersi, and Ikaris find Ajak's body before that trailer scene occurs, which led to me putting 2 + 2 together and figuring out Ikaris must have killed her. MAJOR bummer to figure that out so early on in the movie. Who puts a murder mystery plot in a movie and then spoils the solution in the trailer?? Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post

My #1 complaint: The trailer spoiled the "murder mystery" for me!!! We saw Ajak warn Ikaris about there only being 7 days left in the trailer. In the movie , Sprite, Sersi, and Ikaris find Ajak's body before that trailer scene occurs, which led to me putting 2 + 2 together and figuring out Ikaris must have killed her. MAJOR bummer to figure that out so early on in the movie. Who puts a murder mystery plot in a movie and then spoils the solution in the trailer?? Sheesh.
    And this folks, is why I don't watch trailers. They ALWAYS ruin the move.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!