Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The following anime characters are reduced to normal human stats and thrown into

This is just something I noticed on twitter. Not actually even sure who some of these are so I'm just throwing it out there

Who does the best of this group in UFC type fights with normal human stats?

Who does the worst?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Whichever one of them actually shows the most realism in their fights, and relies most on basics rather than 'special techniques'. Also, being the biggest does hurt (basically all of the small fighters probably get murdered by the very large ones, first, then figure out who wins out of the large ones).

...aside from those who have 'special techniques' that could still be used by people with normal human stats, that is.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

I think the finals would come down to Yujiro Hanma vs. Goku. They seem to be the ones who know the most about the technicalities and intricacies of fighting, that have nothing to do with just having a bigger power level than the other guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Don't know all of these guys, but assuming normal human stats means all their powers are off limits along with any zen type stuff, I'll probably bet on Ippo, since he's actually a professional fighter and better acquainted with winning in that environment.

Going down the list just talking about characters I know:

Naruto: Setting too fantastical, nothing he knows will apply to a "normal" body running on normal physics.
    The Kengan Asura guy whose name I forget: Will either do something like gouge out one of his opponent's eyes and get disqualified or run his face into their fist and get a concussion
    Buu: Definitely going to bite.
    Ippo: This is basically a normal fight for him
    Sasuke: See Naruto but moreso
    Luffy: Nothing about this situation works for him. He's not even adjacent to what he'd need to be to win here.
    Baki: Probably going to gouge out someone's eye and get disqualified. Too many moves that are reliant on weird physics or bizarre mental stuff. He'd be in a similar position to Ippo otherwise, but like 90% of his stuff just won't work with a "normal" body. If he doesn't catch a DQ, he might manage second place
    Saitama: Is going to have a great time and either get beat up or disqualified. He's extremely dangerous, given how he started, but in a way that's going to absolutely involve choking someone with the cord for his shorts or something else that gets him a DQ
    Goku: Kinda depends on how some stuff translates to the real world, but he's only slightly less likely than Buu to bite someone. Difficult to judge.
    Vegeta: Unlike Goku, way too willing to waste energy and eat hits. He'll probably do better than some, and he's less likely to bite someone, but he's still a bit below middle of the pack at best, I think.
    Yusuke: Might do alright, but probably won't win. He's at least a pretty good street fighter. Pretty much gonna be like fighting Rocky Balboa

So just arranging the ones I know, I'd say it looks like...

1. Ippo
    2. Everyone else is in the hospital or disqualified after their first round.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-06-2021 at 07:02 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

BANNED

Its going to come down to who can actually fight, without powers. And that means it comes down to Raian, Ohma, Ippo, Saitama and Baki(early Baki was more rooted in reality. And he still has that skill set.) The rest get hosed pretty quick.

Then, it comes down to whose skill set is best matched to the job at hand.

Saitama is a brawler, so basically a street fighter. He goes down pretty quick.
    Ippo is a monster of a striker, but he has no ground game.

Which leaves Baki, Ohma and Raian.

Raian is the biggest of the three, while I'd argue that Ohma's skill set is the best suited for combat sports. Without Hanma genetics, Baki's mentality probably gives him a L. And quite frankly, we don't knoiw what Raian is capable off except that in Kengan Omega, he can one-punch kill his opponents(and does so early on)

Conclusion: it comes down to Ohma VS Raian. And in Kengan Omega, Ohma flatly states that he has fought Raian very frequently. And Raian has beaten him more than he's beaten Raian.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Its going to come down to who can actually fight, without powers. And that means it comes down to Raian, Ohma, Ippo, Saitama and Baki(early Baki was more rooted in reality. And he still has that skill set.) The rest get hosed pretty quick.
    I would put Goku in there also. It's easy to forget, what with...well, everything in Z and Super...but back in the OG Dragonball days, he got a thorough grounding in how to be an actual martial artist, which he hasn't forgotten. The fights from the first couple Tenkaichi Budokais come to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    I would put Goku in there also. It's easy to forget, what with...well, everything in Z and Super...but back in the OG Dragonball days, he got a thorough grounding in how to be an actual martial artist, which he hasn't forgotten. The fights from the first couple Tenkaichi Budokais come to mind.
    Which makes him a striker IIRC. And IIRC he has no ground game. With a normal human body, that's going to bite him. Unless of course he has time to come up with new stuff, in which case he might revolutionize MMA, and the UFC.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Goku: Kinda depends on how some stuff translates to the real world, but he's only slightly less likely than Buu to bite someone. Difficult to judge.
    I mean he WAS kind of a feral monkey boy, but when you put him in a setting with rules, he tried to follow them. Even in fights to the Death like with Piccolo Sr. Biting just wasn't illegal in the Tenkaichi Budokai.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

I absolutely disagree with any insinuation that Ohma can perform well here. His fighting style relies entirely on Shonen protagonist toughness letting him do suicidal things. He might win a match, but he'll get himself so injured doing it that he can't carry on in a normal human body after.

I'll say his worst matchup is Baki because Baki might actually try to submit him and Ohma is absolutely going to refuse to tap out and end up with a shattered arm or something.

Incredible Member

Naruto: Setting too fantastical, nothing he knows will apply to a "normal" body running on normal physics.

Beg your pardon but that's not "entirely" true. "Naruto-verse" ninjas do learn unarmed combat. We see in various episodes that they can punch, kick, throw etc. Even without their chakra powers they wouldn't be completely useless in a fight.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 11-07-2021 at 03:50 PM.

I'm not saying they'd be *useless* just that everything scales into the supernatural very quickly. Like Naruto's earliest stories have him using tons and tons of shadow clones right away, compared with say, Goku, who at least had a whole couple of adventures where everything he did was basically just punching and kicking, and even the kamehameha was something pulled out only occasionally.

I'm not saying Naruto can't throw a punch; he definitely has some technical skill that we see at various points. I'm saying that it's next to impossible to judge what he'd do in a "normal" body because he's basically never in a fight that doesn't involve a lot of supernatural hijinks that completely alter how fighting happens. Sasuke even moreso, since he's pretty much all in on the sharingan from the moment he has it, and that fundamentally alters the whole structure of his reflexes.

I mean this is all even more hypothetical than our normal rumbles and there's a lot of unknowns that aren't being specified, but I think overall, Luffy, Buu, Naruto, and Sasuke are the weakest competitors here out of the ones I'm familiar with.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-07-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I've never really been able to get a good handle on how good a melee fighter Naruto is compared to his peers, sans Clone shenanigans and Kyuubi-hax, especially since he doesn't have any family fighting style to back up the basic half-assed Genin training he got (where he was still a bit of a dope that at least occasionally ditched child soldier class even before taking into consideration his untreated handicap and Mizuki possibly sabotaging his education).

And yeah, he trained under a Sanin for years, but that seemed mostly/entirely about learning how to start controlling Kyuubi's chakra and mastering the basic rasengan considering that Jiraiya never even got around to teaching him about the basics of chakra elements, countered to Orochimaru giving Sasuke a sword (and presumably the training in how to use it) and Sakura explicitly learned Tsunade's completely melee/dodging based style while also becoming one of the top 3 doctors in the world in those same 3 years.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 11-08-2021 at 05:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Don't know all of these guys, but assuming normal human stats means all their powers are off limits along with any zen type stuff, I'll probably bet on Ippo, since he's actually a professional fighter and better acquainted with winning in that environment.

Going down the list just talking about characters I know:

The Kengan Asura guy whose name I forget: Will either do something like gouge out one of his opponent's eyes and get disqualified or run his face into their fist and get a concussion
    Buu: Definitely going to bite.
    Ippo: This is basically a normal fight for him
    Luffy: Nothing about this situation works for him. He's not even adjacent to what he'd need to be to win here.
    Baki: Probably going to gouge out someone's eye and get disqualified. Too many moves that are reliant on weird physics or bizarre mental stuff. He'd be in a similar position to Ippo otherwise, but like 90% of his stuff just won't work with a "normal" body. If he doesn't catch a DQ, he might manage second place
    Saitama: Is going to have a great time and either get beat up or disqualified. He's extremely dangerous, given how he started, but in a way that's going to absolutely involve choking someone with the cord for his shorts or something else that gets him a DQ
    Vegeta: Unlike Goku, way too willing to waste energy and eat hits. He'll probably do better than some, and he's less likely to bite someone, but he's still a bit below middle of the pack at best, I think.
    Yusuke: Might do alright, but probably won't win. He's at least a pretty good street fighter. Pretty much gonna be like fighting Rocky Balboa

So just arranging the ones I know, I'd say it looks like...

1. Ippo
    2. Everyone else is in the hospital or disqualified after their first round.
    Hey, now, Goku's always been pretty good at sticking to the rules of any tournaments he joins, even when the other guy is trying to kill him against the rules, so if biting isn't allowed then biting he won't do.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I have to agree with T51R here. I'm really having a hard time seeing how Baki, Raian or Ohma don't win this...?

Out of all of them, they have by the far best track record of doing something analogous to proper MMA fighting in their home setting [striking and actual grappling etc.] and, with the exception of Ippo, they are the closest to normal human in stats so their abilities aren't going to change as drastically by the terms of the setting.

Like, people talk about Goku having experience when he was literally a child and are acting like the last literally 40 odd years of in-universe time of him having chi, beams, flight and teleportation as an integral part of his fighting style isn't going to be massive a culture shock for him to overcome in the ring.

Ohma, Raian and Baki clean house pretty thoroughly here. Raian actually has form with willingly DQ-ing himself, as seen in the recent match in Purgatory, so he might lose on that metric. Baki vs Ohma... Ohma is larger and has better reach, so I imagine he'd take it.

Also, Saitama's neck in that picture is weirding me out. >_<

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

UFC rules certainly tilt it toward people who have experience in that area. Even late in the game, back in Kengan Asura, Ohma was winning matches with bread-and-butter stuff like guillotine chokes on supremely skilled grapplers (him against the grappling prodigy whose name escapes me at the moment). Dude showed a whole lot of actual 'normal' skill in that series. Sure, Kengan Omega has a serious emphasis on the whole 'special techniques' (more than my liking), but still has some of that fundamentals feeling.

Raian has a number of bad habits that make me think he won't do so well against others with skill when in a normal body. Sure, loads of skill, but he tends to toss it aside in favor of 'I'm ignoring skill and just going to beat you up with my supreme physical power' and the like, which seems to me a good reason why he's not beating Ohma here. Which still somewhat will work with fundamentals - it's not like he stood there and invited people to punch him in the face - but I think there's an element to Raian's fighting that would fall under CIS, and get him in trouble in this match.

Ohma, however, HAS gone up against people who could bust him up despite his 'Adamantine kata', and adjusted his fighting style to deal with that. So I'm less-concerned about him falling into an old habit and getting his face punched in because he figures he can take the hit. His style of fighting is pretty adaptable, after all.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-08-2021 at 05:17 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate