Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Default Creating A Super Family Team

Team ups of hero teams under the same IP are popular.

Into the Spider-Verse with the Spider Team of parallel universe variants

The BatFam has several team-ups and crossovers in the comics and animated media.

(Include Luke Fox, Kate Kane, Selina Kyle and Stephanie Brown)

Superman is due for his own mainstream team-up crossover.

From the comics and animated media, the only multi-Superman stories I can think of are Death of Superman (with Steel, Supergirl, Superboy, Eradicator and Clark) and Superman Beyond (with Clark, Ultraman, Shazam Earth 5, Captain Atom Earth 4 and Overman.

With the Kryptonians all having the same stock abilities, I figured you could play around with the roster and use other analogues who exist in Superman's lane. So there is a diversity of powers and abilities.

My own list would look like:
    Superman
    Shazam
    Power Girl
    Buddy Blank OMAC
    Orion
    Maxima or Barda

Feel free to make your own lists.

Excluding Supermen with direct copies of Clark’s powers:

Superman
    Steel (John Henry Irons)
    Super-Man (Kenan’s powers are mystical in nature so being the magic Superman should give him a pass)
    Apollo
    Maxima
    Power Girl (Tanya Spears)
    Super-Chief
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

The 'Team Superman' of the late 90s of Steel, the Linda Danvers Supergirl, and 90s Conner was perfect. They were all distinct both in ability and personality and each had a strong personal connection to Superman without being just another Kryptonian. I'd start with those 3 and expand from there.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The 'Team Superman' of the late 90s of Steel, the Linda Danvers Supergirl, and 90s Conner was perfect. They were all distinct both in ability and personality and each had a strong personal connection to Superman without being just another Kryptonian. I'd start with those 3 and expand from there.

This is EXACLTY the truth and the best scenario for sure
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    This is EXACLTY the truth and the best scenario for sure
    Ah, the halcyon days. Things were much simpler then.
    Honestly, I'd give Linda/Matrix's power set to Power Girl. That would set her further apart from Kara. Since DC is committed to keeping both of them around.

Other characters who could join a Super Family, Nightwing and Flamebird. A good idea from New Krypton that is worth visiting again.

Creating a Legion of Evil Supermen, my list would look as follows.

Ultraman - Earth 3/Antimatter
    SuperDoom - Earth 45
    Wraith - Superman Unchained
    Cyborg Superman - Henshaw >>> Zor-El
    Black Lantern Superman

I made this thread because there are so many Superman variants and clones in the DCU alone. Making a list of evil Supermen, you still have Zod, Superboy Prime, Black Adam, Bizarro, Justice Lord Superman, Soviet Superman and Injustice Supes.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 11-09-2021 at 06:59 AM.

Leaving Conner, Kara, and Jon out since (as far as abilities and aesthetics go) they're all just different shades of Clark. Especially Jon right now. So instead let's try...

- Superman (duh)
    - Shazam
    - Nightwing (Chris Kent)
    - Steel (Natasha Irons)
    - Power Girl (Tanya Spears)
    - Martian Manhunter

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

1)Superman(goldenage..more tom strong,john carter scifi hero)
    2)one punch man
    3)captain marvel
    4)he-man
    5)goku
    6)captain carrot/super bugs bunny
    7)ultraman(giant one)
    8) any marvel pastiche..
    Guest appearance astroboy and iron giant

If superman has a 'into the multiverse' like giant spectacle.It should be cross franchises with the lot if them
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    1)Superman(goldenage..more tom strong,john carter scifi hero)
    2)one punch man
    3)captain marvel
    4)he-man
    5)goku
    6)captain carrot/super bugs bunny
    7)ultraman(giant one)
    8) any marvel pastiche..
    Guest appearance astroboy and iron giant

If superman has a 'into the multiverse' like giant spectacle.It should be cross franchises with the lot if them
    You had me until Goku. He's more accidental hero than anything. If it were Future Trunks, or even Great Saiyaman/Gohan, I'd be all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You had me until Goku. He's more accidental hero than anything. If it were Future Trunks, or even Great Saiyaman/Gohan, I'd be all in.
    Oh my God, Gohan/Great Saiyaman would probably think he'd died and gone to heaven if he ever wound up in the DC Universe...And then that dream come true would turn into a nightmare when he realizes that not even other superheroes think all the posing and soliloquies are cool or necessary XD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Oh my God, Gohan/Great Saiyaman would probably think he'd died and gone to heaven if he ever wound up in the DC Universe...And then that dream come true would turn into a nightmare when he realizes that not even other superheroes think all the posing and soliloquies are cool or necessary XD
    Eh, he'd still do it anyway. With confidence to the point where even Supes would, half-heartedly, do a pose as well...

Come on, DC and Shueisha, make a crossover like this happen! Where Gohan and his little family end up, temporarily, in a DC world! The world needs the Great Saiya-Family!

If we're gonna just do a team Superman, Livewire was in one version of Supermen of America!

http://www.rackofpower.com/my-imgs/r...25a-1024px.jpg
    Last edited by marhawkman; 11-07-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Here's My Top (3) Three choices...

1. Major Glory

2. Captain Marvel (SHAZAM!)

3. Prime (Ultraverse/Marvel)

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    This isn't meant to be a superhero crossover.It's just a crossover.It's a multversal crossovers with dudes.Superman himself be a scifi pulp fiction protagonist rather than a superhero.Meaning he would be like fantastic four like explorer if you may.Captain marvel is the superhero of the team(the savior).Goku is in there cause he can kick ass and he doesn't do the savior shtick.He is in there because he isn't a superhero.One punch man is in there looking for a heroic challenge that excites him and moreover this looks fun.Heck! would had superman meet john carter,doc savage,hugo danner..etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    yet,batman(the kewl guy) be like "i am vengence,i am the night and i am batman".Ofcourse,heroes think posing is cool.I love the posing.Heck! the circus guy in clark should show of his biceps...Supes would have a ball with gohan and pose his heart out
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-08-2021 at 04:15 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I'd like to see someone do something with that weird humanoid version of Krypto from that Red & Blue issue.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog