Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired

I have no idea who all the Zods are. I just know there's a Zod and he's a general. Don't confuse me with more names.

Incredible Member

The big thing is to tell Zod when he orders you to kneel, to go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I have no idea who all the Zods are. I just know there's a Zod and he's a general. Don't confuse me with more names.
    Well classic General Zod is Dru-Zod. He has a son with Ursa named Lor-Zod. Val-Zod.... isn't known to be related to either of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    The big thing is to tell Zod when he orders you to kneel, to go to hell.
    Just remember the implied threat of "Kneel or die".

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well classic General Zod is Dru-Zod. He has a son with Ursa named Lor-Zod. Val-Zod.... isn't known to be related to either of them.
    Just remember the implied threat of "Kneel or die".
    I would like a 3rd option, please. Being limited to only two is just so constraining.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm the tiny bit I could find on the wiki is that Val-Zod was an orphan.... because his parents were executed for criminal behavior. Also in that universe the House of El sent FOUR Kryptonians to Earth. Kal-El, Kara Zor-El, but who was the fourth?
    And his parents were the house of Zod.
    Also Gral-Zod? when was that name used?
    Sorry, it was a lingual lapsus, I mean "Gen. Zod", as in abrevation of General.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Just to be clear, on Nu52 earth 2, Val-Zod is the last survivor of the house of Zod, because his parents were executed:

00_Val-Zod origin 002.jpg
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I really don't like the population explosion of family members, like with the Batman family. It should really be contained to just a few characters. The Marvel Family from the 1940s was the perfect number...

Val and Lor Imo are alternate reality "opposites" of each other, same goes for their families.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Superman
    Power Girl
    Superboy
    Krypto
    Steel
    Dr. Fate
    El Muerto

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I support this post and raise you another Marvel family.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I support this post and raise you another Marvel family.
    My point is that the Marvel Family was never that big as you might think, because it was mainly contained to just Capt. Marvel, Capt Marvel, Jr., Mary Marvel and Uncle Marvel. The Lieutenant Marvels only made eight total appearances in the Fawcett comics and only one appearance in MARVEL FAMILY during its entire run (according to Mike's Amazing World).

Hoppy the Marvel Bunny never actually interacted with any of the Marvels. He existed in his own funny animal world. In fact, he's the one character that did continue in publication (besides Hopalong Cassidy) after Fawcett cancelled their comics, as I pointed out on my "Fall and Rise of the Supers":

☞ February 1954, Charlton resumes publication of FUNNY ANIMALS from the defunct Fawcett, starting as of No. 84 (April 1954). The Rabbit Formerly Known As Hoppy The Marvel Bunny is no longer called that and loses the thunder bolt from his chest, but continues to appear in this title as variously "Hoppy", "Happy", "Happy the Magic Bunny" and others.

And, of course, Black Adam only appeared once in the Fawcett comics--that being in the first issue of MARVEL FAMILY.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Superman
    Kenan
    Steel (John Henry and Nat)
    Power Girl
    Dr. Fate (Khalid)
    Krypto

Ace O’ Clubs serves as the base of operations, a la Oblivion Bar. Bibbo serves as the Nighmaster type role.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

My point is that the Marvel Family was never that big as you might think, because it was mainly contained to just Capt. Marvel, Capt Marvel, Jr., Mary Marvel and Uncle Marvel. The Lieutenant Marvels only made eight total appearances in the Fawcett comics and only one appearance in MARVEL FAMILY during its entire run (according to Mike's Amazing World).

Hoppy the Marvel Bunny never actually interacted with any of the Marvels. He existed in his own funny animal world. In fact, he's the one character that did continue in publication (besides Hopalong Cassidy) after Fawcett cancelled their comics, as I pointed out on my "Fall and Rise of the Supers":

☞ February 1954, Charlton resumes publication of FUNNY ANIMALS from the defunct Fawcett, starting as of No. 84 (April 1954). The Rabbit Formerly Known As Hoppy The Marvel Bunny is no longer called that and loses the thunder bolt from his chest, but continues to appear in this title as variously "Hoppy", "Happy", "Happy the Magic Bunny" and others.

And, of course, Black Adam only appeared once in the Fawcett comics--that being in the first issue of MARVEL FAMILY.
    I don't want a ridiculously large "Shazam" family, but TPTB (Johns and the people doing the movies) are intent on giving us one. I just find the trademark dispute funny.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Just to be clear, on Nu52 earth 2, Val-Zod is the last survivor of the house of Zod, because his parents were executed:

00_Val-Zod origin 002.jpg
    Haven't seen that in a while. Zod is in the center foreground, (he and Kara, AKA Power Girl of nu53 are little kids in this panel), with Kara/PG being the little blonde girl looking at him.