Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Cool Anyone watching Arcane, the League of Legends series on Netflix?

First 3 episodes are out and it's really good

https://www.netflix.com/title/81435684
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member

The art style is fantastic, the voice acting top-notch (J. B. Blanc as Vander especially), and that last episode is heavy.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Never played the games, but enjoying it thus far

Extraordinary Member

I’m calling it; Vander’s not dead in the last episode. Singed is going to emerge from the explosion and end up experimenting on him, either with Sinco’s knowledge or without it…

…And Powder will discover it, free him, and then suffer her psychotic break into Jinx, so she won’t remember freeing him after he’s been mutated into a giant wolf-cyborg - Warwick.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

It's really good so far. Finished episode 2. I haven't played League in awhile hope my old buddy Vlad gets a cameo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    It's really good so far. Finished episode 2. I haven't played League in awhile hope my old buddy Vlad gets a cameo.
    This particular “season” (as I have no idea if it’s a one-off or a continuing thing) is set in Piltover and Zaun, so Vlad seems unlikely to appear in *this* story…

…But of this is in fact meant to be a kind of continuing lore series for the universe, than the conflict between Noxus (Vlad’s hometown) and Demacia would be on the table, or even just a Noxus-centered story focusing on the politics of that city.

Similarly, a Freyljord-centered story had plenty of potential with the factions there, as does Bilgewater, and even Bundle City.

*If* the show is a hit, and it proves a worthwhile investment for Riot, they might just expand it to be the story their game is “based off of.”

BANNED

Default Did anyone see Netflix's Arcane?

We're talking about an animated show with some of the best animation for a TV streaming service, Even though the show is produced in written in the US the animators are in France. Now I'm not saying any spoilers but EP 3 is a fantastic punch to the gut as well as EP 9 the last EP. I was insanely shocked at how good this show was, and how well the characters were written.