Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This was the best show I've watched this year. And there's been some pretty damn good tv in 2021. Really just fantastic production value across the board; the story was engaging, the animation was beyond fantastic, the voice acting was superb. The only bad thing I have to say for it is that it's already over!

Can't wait for season 2.

Netflix is supposedly working on an Overwatch show as well, and that's had me excited because I love that game and the lore behind it, but Arcane has set the bar incredibly high.
    Netflix defnitely seems to be having success with animated series adapting games and expanding on said games' lore (Arcane, DOTA: Dragon's Blood, Cuphead, etc.)

I've been interested in Overwatch because it seems like a Superhero universe framed around a Battle Royale concept, so I'm curious how that would translate in a series.
    Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Jinx is the best Harley Quinn I’ve ever seen…
    The comparison is definitely apt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Depends on the actors, really.

You'd think that it wouldn't be rocket science, to use body language and voice to convey emotions, but it really seems to be an alien concept in Hollywood.

Also, the special effects budget
    However good the actors, there are things you can only do really well with animation. It's a medium to tell stories, like live action movies are, it's just that in the western world it has been framed as something only good for children, while it can tell adult stories perfectly well (as the japanese have known for ages and shown for ages).

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Everything worked in this show. I just finished. The art was astounding, the direction, the voice actors were amazing. The writing was fantastic. I simply was not expecting this level of greatness honestly. I hope they put the same care and effort into the next season. There will be the want to rush since it was so successful but they have to take the time it takes to keep this level of quality.

The music, I mean I just love all of it. And they have so much more room to play in this world. I mean even the side peripheral characters were interesting.
    My concern is that Arcane took 6 years to be brought to completion whil Season 2 will be next year. It's true there are rumors the series was originally longer and they might have a few episodes already done but success tends to sterilize what's good about a production in order to make it more commercially appealing and thus weakening the original concept. In the long run this destroys what made the original production great, turning it into a soulless, hollow shell of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    My concern is that Arcane took 6 years to be brought to completion whil Season 2 will be next year. It's true there are rumors the series was originally longer and they might have a few episodes already done but success tends to sterilize what's good about a production in order to make it more commercially appealing and thus weakening the original concept. In the long run this destroys what made the original production great, turning it into a soulless, hollow shell of itself.
    I think it might help, at least, that with this being a prequel they have a set endgoal as far as the overall series/character arcs.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They can reuse assets so that will speed up production considerably. The studio behind this show also produce other stuff for Riot like the League music videos. If this show is the only project they have to worry about I can see the production time be faster.

Ultimate Member

I imagine much of that time was finding the actors and actresses, getting a contract with Netflix (hopefully one that won't screw them), etc.

Now they know what they're doing, and with their success, I don't see them taking another 6 years

Mighty Member

I loved this show one of the best series I've watched this year!

I actually hadn’t heard of the game before watching it and only decided to give it a chance because I read the reviews on here, and it lived up to the praise, looking forward to the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've been interested in Overwatch because it seems like a Superhero universe framed around a Battle Royale concept, so I'm curious how that would translate in a series.
    That's pretty much exactly what Overwatch is. Except it's not a battle royale, just a 6v6 PvP competition. The lore behind the game is intriguing and fun, with the kind of balance between humor and pathos that Arcane brought us, and a similar kind of overblown super-tech that basically makes its users superhuman.

If you haven't watched them, there's a number of animated shorts to check out.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Arcane is the best animated show I've seen in a long time. I never gush about anything, but I would watch this show over and over again. There wasn't a single thing I didn't like about it.

I imagine much of that time was finding the actors and actresses, getting a contract with Netflix (hopefully one that won't screw them), etc.

Now they know what they're doing, and with their success, I don't see them taking another 6 years
    Apparently it will take them 2 years to complete and release season 2. A lot of time but I'd rather have them taking their time and producing another masterpiece than rushing things and delivering a suboptimal series.

Ultimate Member

Apparently it will take them 2 years to complete and release season 2. A lot of time but I'd rather have them taking their time and producing another masterpiece than rushing things and delivering a suboptimal series.
    Where was that reported?

Well, after this I am certainly confident in Netfix's upcoming Devil May Cry and Sonic shows.

I guess we're doing spoilers, but I'll phrase this a bit carefully: i'm not familiar with the game or its lore, but enjoyed this series greatly. Hot take: this show did the Kylo Ren/Snoke plotline and its resolution better than Star Wars did, with Jinx and Silco. When that thread was resolved in the final episode, I felt more invested in both characters, and thought what Jinx did was totally credible.

It's partly because Snoke remains an unknown who isn't even given bits and pieces of background or how he moulded Ben into his protégé. (Though i enjoyed The Last Jedi a lot)
    Last edited by Mormel; 12-02-2021 at 08:35 AM.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Where was that reported?
    https://www.looper.com/675421/netfli...ate-cast-plot/

It's renewed but it's not coming in 2022

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The CEO of Riot stated that season 2 won't come next year when it was announced. Gotta tempered expectations