Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

this ruled, cant wait till they do a season with characters i care about like TF or kassadin. a bilgewater series would be cool. I can see it as well due to miss fortune's popularity

also would be great to have shows for some of the alternate universes like odyssey or pulsefire, i like those better than the main canon

2023 at the earliest.

Unless they're all complete madlads and actually have it planned to release next month or something.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Could Caitlyn have picked her handcuffs off had she been let loose like Vi was? Probably not.

Man, angry and serious Ekko was kind of sad, but the heart of a good kid is still in there. I'm glad he accepted Caitlyn and bonded with Heimerdinger. The latter might genuinely lead to some good.

I feel bad for the Sheriff's daughter that she'll have to live as an orphan and with it now public knowledge that her father was corrupt.

It's kind of funny that the entire plot of this series was set off by Violet robbing Jayce and neither has any idea of how connected everything is to that one event when they properly meet for the first time.

When your mother shows up after banishing you because she needs weapons to fight off a war that killed your brother (who you're only just learning is dead) alongside her boytoy. Also, she banished you because you made her feel too guilty about being merciless. Poor Mel.

Did Mel know that person her mother executed? Feels like there's some backstory there.

Jayce getting introduced to his girlfriends mother while she's naked, bathing, and being tended by her naked boytoy was...something.

I wasn't initially assuming too much about Caitlyn and Violet's relationship but their scenes in this act felt decidedly more intimate (and there's still that brothel scene), and that scene where her parents came in felt like a comedic "meet the parents" moment. And Jinx called Caitlyn her "girlfriend" instead of a replacement sister, although there were undertones of that as well.

Caitlyn's dad seems like a good and supportive dad. And her mother did give her a chance to present her case and give her permission to go to Violet.

This is why you don't fall in love with stoic scientists who perform human experiments on themselves.

Caitlyn really needs to lean on being a ranged fighter when she keeps getting taken out in one hit.

Poor Jayce. Every time it feels like he's on the verge of finally finding the right thing to do or doing what he thinks is best, it ends poorly. Like going full vigilante justice ends and finally teaming-up with Vi ends up getting a kid killed. At least he was able to stick up for himself against Silko and the council, but even that didn't end well. I'm glad he was able to help Viktor like Viktor helped him though. Will he destroy it, though?

So Jayce and Viktor have plot armor that Mel doesn't and the rocket was heading straight for her...although I don't know if they'd kill her off just like that. I don't want to see how her mother would react.

Seems like season 2 will initially be about Caitlyn and Violet chasing Jinx. Maybe Jayce too?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Could Caitlyn have picked her handcuffs off had she been let loose like Vi was? Probably not.

Man, angry and serious Ekko was kind of sad, but the heart of a good kid is still in there. I'm glad he accepted Caitlyn and bonded with Heimerdinger. The latter might genuinely lead to some good.

I feel bad for the Sheriff's daughter that she'll have to live as an orphan and with it now public knowledge that her father was corrupt.

It's kind of funny that the entire plot of this series was set off by Violet robbing Jayce and neither has any idea of how connected everything is to that one event when they properly meet for the first time.

When your mother shows up after banishing you because she needs weapons to fight off a war that killed your brother (who you're only just learning is dead) alongside her boytoy. Also, she banished you because you made her feel too guilty about being merciless. Poor Mel.

Did Mel know that person her mother executed? Feels like there's some backstory there.

Jayce getting introduced to his girlfriends mother while she's naked, bathing, and being tended by her naked boytoy was...something.

I wasn't initially assuming too much about Caitlyn and Violet's relationship but their scenes in this act felt decidedly more intimate (and there's still that brothel scene), and that scene where her parents came in felt like a comedic "meet the parents" moment. And Jinx called Caitlyn her "girlfriend" instead of a replacement sister, although there were undertones of that as well.

Caitlyn's dad seems like a good and supportive dad. And her mother did give her a chance to present her case and give her permission to go to Violet.

This is why you don't fall in love with stoic scientists who perform human experiments on themselves.

Caitlyn really needs to lean on being a ranged fighter when she keeps getting taken out in one hit.

Poor Jayce. Every time it feels like he's on the verge of finally finding the right thing to do or doing what he thinks is best, it ends poorly. Like going full vigilante justice ends and finally teaming-up with Vi ends up getting a kid killed. At least he was able to stick up for himself against Silko and the council, but even that didn't end well. I'm glad he was able to help Viktor like Viktor helped him though. Will he destroy it, though?

So Jayce and Viktor have plot armor that Mel doesn't and the rocket was heading straight for her...although I don't know if they'd kill her off just like that. I don't want to see how her mother would react.

Seems like season 2 will initially be about Caitlyn and Violet chasing Jinx. Maybe Jayce too?
    Jayce and Viktor are champions in the game so yes, they have plot armor.

Maybe it's the anime fan in me but intimacy in female friendships is not unusual. Unless things get blatant with Vi and Caitlyn the nature of their relationship is a huge maybe.

I ran across something interesting on Reddit.

Basically, a TikTok user (influencer?) named sanchanclaudia received some type of promotional gift box from Riot (as did, presumably, others). The box has compartments labelled with dates corresponding to the day after the release of each act, and each has Arcane-related merch inside. The compartments are only supposed to be opened on the date given. Okay, neat.

The catch, though? There are four compartments, with the fourth dated next Sunday, the 28th.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I ran across something interesting on Reddit.

Basically, a TikTok user (influencer?) named sanchanclaudia received some type of promotional gift box from Riot (as did, presumably, others). The box has compartments labelled with dates corresponding to the day after the release of each act, and each has Arcane-related merch inside. The compartments are only supposed to be opened on the date given. Okay, neat.

The catch, though? There are four compartments, with the fourth dated next Sunday, the 28th.
    I'm not sure if it'll be another set of episodes but maybe they'll release something on that date (a behind the scenes? Preview of season 2? etc.).

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure if it'll be another set of episodes but maybe they'll release something on that date (a behind the scenes? Preview of season 2? etc.).
    There’s a chance it could be a short of some kind - or even a collection of shorts. Riot was developing some other tie in material that never got past the stage of in-depth storyboarding and recording… but that Studio Fortiche might be able to “cheaply” finish if they are already developing assets for future seasons and can just plug in the story and recorded dialogue into them.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Just binged it, it was soooo goood!!!

Mel is from Noxus, their whole thing is being an Empire that focibly assimilates other nations into itself by force and deal in extreme cut throat politics. The girl her mother killed was probably the heir to the throne of the nation they just conquered. Mel wanted her to live in captivity (because she's "soft" by noxian standards), her mother decided she had to be removed to make assimilation smoother and so she did.

As for her brother's death it's pretty clear he was killed by a noxian rival of her mother, one who's more powerful than her, therefore the need for a weapon (unless it's all a lie and her mother just wants a new powerful weapon for her family).

Also: Arcane was truly a masterpiece, it shows what you can do with animation when you don't understimate you audience and refuse to pull punches. A live action production could never have had such an impact.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Also: Arcane was truly a masterpiece, it shows what you can do with animation when you don't understimate you audience and refuse to pull punches. A live action production could never have had such an impact.
    Depends on the actors, really.

You'd think that it wouldn't be rocket science, to use body language and voice to convey emotions, but it really seems to be an alien concept in Hollywood.

Also, the special effects budget

Astonishing Member

Everything worked in this show. I just finished. The art was astounding, the direction, the voice actors were amazing. The writing was fantastic. I simply was not expecting this level of greatness honestly. I hope they put the same care and effort into the next season. There will be the want to rush since it was so successful but they have to take the time it takes to keep this level of quality.

The music, I mean I just love all of it. And they have so much more room to play in this world. I mean even the side peripheral characters were interesting.

This was the best show I've watched this year. And there's been some pretty damn good tv in 2021. Really just fantastic production value across the board; the story was engaging, the animation was beyond fantastic, the voice acting was superb. The only bad thing I have to say for it is that it's already over!

Can't wait for season 2.

Netflix is supposedly working on an Overwatch show as well, and that's had me excited because I love that game and the lore behind it, but Arcane has set the bar incredibly high.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Jinx is the best Harley Quinn I’ve ever seen…