Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Jinx may not have her red eyes yet, and she’s still a bit raw in handling her pain, but HOLY ****! have they done a good job of making her seem pitiable, utterly mad, and very dangerous.

I’m also calling it - Ekko was under a mask in the last episode.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Who was the guy who sold out Vi and Kaitlin?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Jinx may not have her red eyes yet, and she’s still a bit raw in handling her pain, but HOLY ****! have they done a good job of making her seem pitiable, utterly mad, and very dangerous.

I’m also calling it - Ekko was under a mask in the last episode.
    Even though Silco baptized her she still hasn't fully translation to being Jinx. She's still powder. Riot has done a wonderful job making her a sympathetic figure while being a enjoyable psychopath. I also like the relationship he has with Silco. He comes across as a sane Joker to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy
    Who was the guy who sold out Vi and Kaitlin?
    He was the small scrawny guy from episode 1 that Vander protected from a bad deal in his bar.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Even though Silco baptized her she still hasn't fully translation to being Jinx. She's still powder. Riot has done a wonderful job making her a sympathetic figure while being a enjoyable psychopath. I also like the relationship he has with Silco. He comes across as a sane Joker to me.

He was the small scrawny guy from episode 1 that Vander protected from a bad deal in his bar.
    I’m really curious what they do to finalize Jinx’s final transformation - as well as Vi’s.

There’s hints in stuff like Legends of Runeterra that Vi has amnesia by the “present” setting of the game, and Jinx is notably lacking this serious edge the show has for her. I theorized that Victor, as the Machine Herald, might remove Jinx’s pain and guilt on her request, leaving the madness behind, but Vi getting amnesia would feel a bit like a cop out if not handled well.

I’m wondering if Warwick might appear in the next few episodes just to further bludgeon the girls a bit if they realize who he was…
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I’m really curious what they do to finalize Jinx’s final transformation - as well as Vi’s.

There’s hints in stuff like Legends of Runeterra that Vi has amnesia by the “present” setting of the game, and Jinx is notably lacking this serious edge the show has for her. I theorized that Victor, as the Machine Herald, might remove Jinx’s pain and guilt on her request, leaving the madness behind, but Vi getting amnesia would feel a bit like a cop out if not handled well.

I’m wondering if Warwick might appear in the next few episodes just to further bludgeon the girls a bit if they realize who he was…
    That sounds awful. He hopefully the show acts as a retcon to that.

Given Jinx's display on the arcade robot, it's clear she can fight hand-to-hand pretty well. Could part of this be covered by something as simple as a fight? Jinx not beating Vi's high score smells like foreshadowing that she eventually gets one over on her there, and while simplistic, a hard KO could certainly lead to amnesia well enough. It would make for a pretty dramatic finale, too, if not terribly original. spoilers:
    Might have to see what Vi is like after waking up in episode 7, since she got knocked out at the end of this act.
    end of spoilers
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

That sounds awful. He hopefully the show acts as a retcon to that.
    The game has previously used the handful of narrative events to change up character interactions and dialogue-taunts. I would love it if they treated Vi and Jinx’s less tragic interactions from before Arcane’s release as being a “before their reunion” hypothetical, then just use new ones to acknowledge their new characterizations.

If they don’t have Jinx go completely “stabilized” in Joker-mode, then most of her dialogue could use an overhaul, frankly.

Extraordinary Member

That short preview they released seems to show Mama Medarda arriving with her troops. Since Mel is a totally original character but has major imprint s to Jayce right now, I’m curious how that turns out.

Some other people though her troops looked like Noxians, and while they’ve got the right kind of angled and aggressive designs, they seem too organized and uniform for the Noxian Legions.

While unrelated, being a fan of this show has gotten me interested in the Ruined King game. That game seems to cover a completely different corner of the mythology

Final three episodes were an amazing finale. I feel there's still more story to tell so hopefully the series is successful enough to get a second season

The art direction, action etc was excellent. I've got to say, though, I didn't manage to get invested in any of the characters' romantic relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    The art direction, action etc was excellent. I've got to say, though, I didn't manage to get invested in any of the characters' romantic relationships.
    Jayce is the only one with an actual romance. Vi and Kaitlyn is too ambiguous to count.

Jayce is the only one with an actual romance. Vi and Kaitlyn is too ambiguous to count.
    That's the thing: I felt they were really putting weight on that relationship in the last couple of episodes, despite not having really defined it. I just felt they expected me to feel more invested than I was.

Ultimate Member

No season 2, we riot. Agreed?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    No season 2, we riot. Agreed?
    Riot's CEO (I think it was) said back in 2019 that they were committed to multiple seasons. I have a feeling season 2 is already a decent way into production, which it would have to be to release this time next year.

Edit: And yep. The Undercity Nights stream confirmed that exact thing a few minutes ago.
    Last edited by Caivu; 11-20-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)