BANNED

Default Record of Ragnarok: THE NEW ROSTER

SO when Brunhilde is drawing up her roster for the Ragnarok tournament, she gets a personal visit from a "God" that nobody invited: Q. Who decides to torment humanity again because they seem to have overlooked his invitation. He deletes Brunhilde's roster from existence, and challenges her to create a 100% win record with human fighters.

The catch? He throws open the entire multiverse and invites her to choose the strongest of humanity, from all realities!

And since Brunhilde and Goll don't know anything about the rest of the multiverse, they recruit YOU. Who will aid them in selecting new fighters that are Volund-compatible with the Valkaryes.

Who do you recommend? Will your recommendations pass Brunhilde's sniff test? And, can they live up to Q's challenge of 100% victory over the Gods?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

It's 13 per side, right?

Welp... going for a 100% win rate here and trying to stick as closely to the brief of "normal human," as possible.

- Saitama
    - The Flash
    - Mash Burnedead

Off the top of my head.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's 13 per side, right?

Welp... going for a 100% win rate here and trying to stick as closely to the brief of "normal human," as possible.

- Saitama
    - The Flash
    - Mash Burnedead

Off the top of my head.
    No offence but the OP stated the challenge is "to create a 100% win record with human fighters." They didn't say anything about the fighters having to be "normal" humans.

And who's to say what's "normal" anyway? How many people can run as fast as Usain Bolt? Does that mean he isn't a normal human?

So while the likes of Optimus Prime, Superman, Goku and such are out due to them not being biologically human, someone like the Flash should be perfectly acceptable.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 11-08-2021 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    No offence but the OP stated the challenge is "to create a 100% win record with human fighters." They didn't say anything about the fighters having to be "normal" humans.

And who's to say what's "normal" anyway? How many people can run as fast as Usain Bolt? Does that mean he isn't a normal human?

So while the likes of Optimus Prime, Superman, Goku and such are out due to them not being biologically human, someone like the Flash should be perfectly acceptable.
    I don't get what your point is? I followed the brief, all three are specifically "normal".

Saitama and Mash both don't have any genetic traits or differences that make them non-human but are both wildly beyond the curve for any of the gods shown in Shuumatsu no Valkyrie so far. Similarly, Flash has a connection to the speed force but his biology is completely human.

I did think about dropping Toriko in, as he's an absolute beast, but I figured that the presence of Gourmet Cells and his Appetite Demons might make him not count as human enough since he is different on a cellular level to a conventional human.

Also thought about Alita from Battle Angel Alita but she's distinctly post-human which, again, feels like it goes against the spirit of the thread.

Incredible Member

I don't get what your point is?
    My point is you seemed unsure if characters with super-powers (for example the Flash) were acceptable or not. I'm reassuring you that yes they are. The only restriction is that characters who are not biologically human can't be used. For example Autobots or Kryptonians.

I followed the brief, all three are specifically "normal".
    Again, the word "normal" is NOT stated in the brief. It only states that they need to be "human." Read what it actually says:

Quote Originally Posted by T51R
    SO when Brunhilde is drawing up her roster for the Ragnarok tournament, she gets a personal visit from a "God" that nobody invited: Q. Who decides to torment humanity again because they seem to have overlooked his invitation. He deletes Brunhilde's roster from existence, and challenges her to create a 100% win record with human fighters.

The catch? He throws open the entire multiverse and invites her to choose the strongest of humanity, from all realities!

And since Brunhilde and Goll don't know anything about the rest of the multiverse, they recruit YOU. Who will aid them in selecting new fighters that are Volund-compatible with the Valkaryes.

Who do you recommend? Will your recommendations pass Brunhilde's sniff test? And, can they live up to Q's challenge of 100% victory over the Gods?
    The word "normal" is not used at any point. You're imposing a restriction upon yourself that isn't there.

Saitama and Mash both don't have any genetic traits or differences that make them non-human but are both wildly beyond the curve for any of the gods shown in Shuumatsu no Valkyrie so far. Similarly, Flash has a connection to the speed force but his biology is completely human.
    That's what I said!

That's what I said!
    Yeah, that's what I also said?

I don't get why you're reacting so strongly to me going "Well, these people have abilities that aren't tied to them being genetically distinct from a regular human, they are in fact biologically mundane," I used the term "normal" to shorthand that.

Why are you coming at me with a bunch of bold text and saying I'm imposing a restriction or changing the thread?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Heck, if it comes to 'they were once human but now are super-powered beings', there's a whole host of characters in fiction who are going to absolutely murder the gods, here. Seems too easy.

Let's add to the list.

- Saitama
    - The Flash
    - Mash Burnedead
    - Classic Doctor Strange
    In honor of Nik going for 'close to normal human as possible' just to make things a little harder, I've added my own nomination. Huge surprise, I'm sure.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Val Armorr seems like an obvious choice

Since Saiyans aren't viable for this, we'll go for the strongest human of the DragonBall universe: Krillin.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

BANNED

Feel free to bend the rules, its in the spirit of the thread since its ultimately Brunhilde that you'll have to impress. And she is, as we've seen, more than happy to not just bend, but push. You just have to give her a way to qualify a fighter that she'll be happy with.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I want Owen Deathstalker. The Gods of Ragnarok have some broken abilities, so we need a man who’s low-key cosmic. Who dances through Time and Space and Dimensions. Who can appear on the bridges of hundreds of ships all at once (physically), and who can take out starships on his lone-some. Who stood up against a Galactus like entity and survived, and in a weaker form reached across light years to essentially force choke a fool.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Incredible Member

Yeah, that's what I also said?

I don't get why you're reacting so strongly to me going "Well, these people have abilities that aren't tied to them being genetically distinct from a regular human, they are in fact biologically mundane," I used the term "normal" to shorthand that.

Why are you coming at me with a bunch of bold text and saying I'm imposing a restriction or changing the thread?
    Because the use of the word "normal" implies that characters like the Flash who have super-powers shouldn't be included, or that it's somehow problematic to include them. The OP said no such thing. You should have clarified what you meant.

Also you said:

I followed the brief, all three are specifically "normal".
    That was inaccurate. The OP did not even use the word "normal." It only said they needed to be human fighters. You were complicating things needlessly.

I don't get why you are making a big deal out of this. You said something that was inaccurate and I pointed it out.

That being said I am sorry if I have upset you.

Because the use of the word "normal" implies that characters like the Flash who have super-powers shouldn't be included, or that it's somehow problematic to include them. The OP said no such thing. You should have clarified what you meant.

Also you said:

That was inaccurate. The OP did not even use the word "normal." It only said they needed to be human fighters. You were complicating things needlessly.

I don't get why you are making a big deal out of this. You said something that was inaccurate and I pointed it out.

That being said I am sorry if I have upset you.
    Mate, I'm not the one making a big deal out of this? I am genuinely confused as to what you're objecting to here.

I put the word normal in quotes to imply that it specifically was a misnomer and followed that up by listing Mash Burnedead, Saitama and the Flash as so-called "normal" humans that I would put into the team.

Flash can run faster than light, Saitama can kick country-sized craters in the moon, Mash can wrestle kaiju and fly just by doing sick air kicks, they all have abilities far in excess of a regular human.

I don't see how I'm complicating anything. It really feels like you just misread my original post and kicked off for no reason.

Jack Kline from Supernatural.
    Well, his mom was human.

Tsukasa Shishio

Kenshin

Guts
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.