Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Chip Zdarsky Spider-man interview

There was a recent Zdarsky AMA and it wasn't covered here, a lot of the talk is about Spider-man

https://www.reddit.com/user/ChipZdarsky/

Extraordinary Member

I'm still posting all the Spider-man ones here because it's very long and a lot of it isn't Spidey as well.

Normal are questions and bold is Chip.

Appreciate reading this. I’ve always wondered how much a writer has to play to Marvel’s agenda vs. their own plan for the character and I’d assume Spider-Man would be one of the more micro-managed characters.

He's not micromanaged as a character. If you're on ASM you've pretty much got free reign (as long as you don't turn him into, like, a murderer or something!)

What made you wanna write Spider-Man: Life Story?

The challenge of it!

Whose voice is your favorite to write, and whose voice is hardest to nail down?

J Jonah Jameson is my favourite. Nothing is hard for me!!!!!

Hey Chip, Life Story is one of the greatest Spider-Man stories I’ve read and the twists on the classics stories were super fun. Was there a decade that was the most fun to write/twist the story?

I'm a child of the 80s so that was super fun. The most challenging was the 90s because my editor had lived through the Clone Saga and wasn't keen on me revisiting it, so I had a lot to prove.

Any update on Peter Parker The Spectacular Spiderman OHC?

nope!

Hey Chip, big fan! Love all of your Marvel stuff, and am excited to dig into all of your indie work too. Do you ever want to return to the Life Story world? There were so many interesting threads in that story outside of Spider-Man, and would love to read more from that universe. Speaking of Spidey though, would you ever want to do another run on the character? I was hoping you were taking over ASM after Spencer.

I love Spidey, but right now he's only going to be popping up in my work as a supporting character! And more Life Story is always a possibility (though a very far away one)

Do you like MJ Watson

Love her!

(Not spider-man but important for why Chip doesn't want ASM)Daredevil is often regarded as the Marvel character with the most consistent quality. While I don't necessarily agree with that completely, it's pretty clear that he has a pretty high concentration of great runs including the last three consecutive runs. Not only that, but Daredevil is often my favorite work by so many writers.

What is it about the character do you think causes people to bring their A-Game and why do you think that despite this, Daredevil is still considered a B-List character?

He flies under the radar, not being an Avenger or X-Man. So you have more freedom with the character. And Frank Miller showed you can take huge swings and reader will respond. So writers ever since then have had that in mind when writing him for the most part.

Also, I hope he always stays B-List so we can keep telling these more interesting stories!

Did you feel any pressure when you were writing Life story? how did you feel adding your own twists to classic points in spidey's history?

I tend to not feel pressure writing these stories, besides my general pressure of wanting to write the best stories possible! It was actually quite freeing on LIFE STORY since it was its own "universe!"

You’ve written some of my favorite Spider-Man stuff ever, so my question is, who is Peter Parker to you?

He's Spider-Man!

I was wondering what’s been your favorite series to develop and see through? What has been the most fun to conceptualize and bring to reality?

Probably Spider-Man: Life Story! It was a fun puzzle to solve

An answer to a long answer, but question isn't about Spidey or important

Look, I know exactly what you're talking about here. I remember some readers not liking the first few issues of Spectacular and then being wowed when issue 6 came out, as if I listened to some criticism. But issue six was written before the series even started coming out! I had twenty issues plotted out!

I had a plan with that series, to start light and fun and move it into darker, emotional territory as we went, to show all the sides to the character that I've loved over the years. There's a certain type of reader that wants Spider-Man to be a mature, deep, dark character and everything to have gravitas to it. And hey, I like those stories. But I also like stories where he's a goofball. I wrote him WILDLY different in Howard the Duck too. And I write him differently in Daredevil.

I haven't changed a thing in my work based on what readers are saying, at least not consciously. I write these books for myself first and foremost. I think I'd be a greatly unhappy writer if I just wrote what I thought the readers wanted.

Question, what was the first comic you ever worked on?

haha I made a FUTURE SPIDER-MAN FAN COMIC in high school that is terrrrrible

Sooooo you in the new spiderman film ? I remember you made a twitter post about how if they didnt put you in it youd kill off matt Murdock but ive noticed matts not dead

I'm NOT in it and I'm FURIOUS
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-08-2021 at 03:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Now we have the next set, which has a lot of why Chip won't write ASM

I feel like its a really popular opinion on this sub reddit that a lot of us (me especially) want you to write the next Spider-Man run. What do you think about this? Nothing definitive but after all the stuff you're working on now would you like to write more Spider-Man in the main continuity?

Stay awesome dude! Hyped for Devil's Reign and Batman: The Knight!!!

I answered this earlier, but I think being the writer of ASM is a thankless gig that satisfies almost no one. I'd have to be in a better spot mentally to take that on and deal with the absolute shitstorm rained down on me with every story decision I made.

Small part if long answer, only this part is spidey relevant

On Spectacular Spider-Man, they were heading into a Spider-Verse style crossover and I'd JUST done an alternate-universe story, so I didn't think I'd be able to do a good job on it, so I left the book.

Hi Mr. Zdarsky. I've read and re read Spider-Man Life Story at least 69 times. It's by far one of my favorite books written, as it captures why I love Spider-Man and comic books in general. What got you motivated to write such an encompassing story for the web head?

I originally pitched it as the entire Marvel Universe, but the wise editor Tom Brevoort talked me down to focus on Spidey, thank god! It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun.

Mr. Zdarsky, mind spilling the beans when you are going to take over Spider-Man or Batman?

lol that sounds like a nightmare

What was your favorite superhero to read while growing up? Also huge fan of your work! Your daredevil run has been amazing to read!

It changed over the years! Spidey was the main guy, but I followed creators a lot so my new favourite character was usually a result of those title changes.

Your Daredevil run is fantastic, but I specifically love the moments you’ve included with Daredevil and Spider-Man. Any plans on doing a bit more with that? Maybe a mini like Life Story or Spiders Shadow. Anyways, your writing is amazing and I can’t wait to see the future of daredevil with you.

I love putting Spidey in the book! And Marco is Spidey's #1 fan, so he ESPECIALLY loves when I do it!

I could see him and I doing a DD/SPIDEY mini in the future once we're done with the main title

Hi Chip. Why do you disrespect the hyphen?

It's his NAME. "Spider-Man" is a description of something you once saw! "He was like a spider-man or something!"

Imagine if we called Superman "Super-Man"! It's ridiculous!! RIDICULOUS!!!

GIVE ME SPIDERMAN OR GIVE ME DEATH

(Not Spider-man but insight on him)What made you wanna write Daredevil of all things?

It's the title at Marvel where you can do almost anything. He's not an Avenger, not an X-Man, he's in his own world where you can **** him up as much as you want. The title is, I think, the most prestigious title in Marvel's history with the best runs of any character.

Hi Chip! I’ve just recently gotten into reading comics. What is your essential list of must-reads from Marvel?

Wow! Uh ...

-Daredevil: Born Again
    -Basically all of Claremont's Uncanny X-Men
    -Fantastic Four by Walt Simonson
    -Thor by Walt Simonson
    -Hawkeye by Matt Fraction & Aja and pals
    -Kraven's Last Hunt by DeMatteis & Zeck

There's a LOT more, but those are some stone-cold classics

Do you have any other Spider-Man stories in mind you would like tell? Should we expect something like Spider's Shadow or Life Story from you in the future?

No plans! Love Spidey, but the gang on ASM have massive plans underway!(god please let this be about Peter)

I’m a big fan of your Spider-Man stuff will we see more of the spiders shadow stuff?

probably not? we've talked a bit about a sequel, but I just don't have the time these days!

What is something that you wanted to fit in Spider-Man: Life Story that didn't work/you didn't have room for?

I mean, the Jonah/Gwen stuff for sure! Which is why I was overjoyed that they let us do an Annual!

Hello Chip, big fan! Is there any more Spider-Man stuff in the works from you? Hope so!

Nope! I'll ALWAYS have him guest star in whatever Marvel book I'm writing though!(atleast we know he'll get good treatment outside of ASM by Chip, this is also why I hate replacement arcs)

When’s the Chip Zdarsky Amazing Spider-Man run coming

lol never

I guess I shouldn't say "never," but I can't picture the scenario where I'd take that job. It just seems to be a ludicrous amount of work for a readership that has too many specific ideas of what should happen, and get too angry when their expectations aren't met. Maybe I'd get to a place in my life where I could handle it, but it sure isn't right now.
    (man all Spidey fans suck)
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-08-2021 at 03:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Had to start a new one for this

CHIPS'S DEFINITION OF SPIDER-MAN

You've probably written my favourite Spiderman stories could I ask what core character traits you always tried to keep in mind when writing Peter. Thanks muchly

He's the epitome of "never give up." He's a dark character whose seen terrible things but covers it all with a sheen of jokes and awkward charm. He's the moral center of the Marvel Universe.(See, this guy get's it!)

Are you going to be jumping on any different marvel books after you finish writing daredevil?

Nothing planned. I'm in the middle of another miniseries for them, but it's a slow burn as the artist is taking their time on the art (producing career best work! it's so gorgeous, I wish I could tell you who it was and show you some!)

My guess is that it'll start coming out fall of 2022? But Daredevil is my only focus right now at Marvel.
    (Please have Peter be the guest star for this)

Hi Chip. Did Uncle Ben really die of natural causes?

There's no way that robber would have shot him. He's an old man who posed zero threat. You think that robber wanted a murder charge hanging over him over some dumb cheap microscope and a wheatcakes recipe??

And we're done, phew.Now discuss!

I appreciate his honesty and insight on why he doesn't want the main ASM job. Can't say I disagree with him. Love his response on how he mainly write stories for himself and basically not trying to please a certain group of fans. Daredevil being a B tier hero is why he is allow to do so much with him that's good.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I appreciate his honesty and insight on why he doesn't want the main ASM job. Can't say I disagree with him. Love his response on how he mainly write stories for himself and basically not trying to please a certain group of fans. Daredevil being a B tier hero is why he is allow to do so much with him that's good.
    As a Yankees fan I am quite aware of the pressure on Manager Aaron Boone and the players ( even Aaron Judge gets booed if he fails). The demands and expectations of the fan base are higher then say San Diego. Same concept applies for Spider-Man compared to Daredevil.

Extraordinary Member

I found it weird that he said
    1)Spider-man isn't micro-managed
    2)Yet he's very tough to write

But Now I think I get it, it's not just editorial.It's the fanbase that will go crazy if they take risks, hence they don't and editorial makes sure they don't.

Still don't get why they are trying to replace him so much, then again so much of what editorial does doesn't make sense to me.

BANNED

Zdarsky has said stuff like this before. He said once Spider-Man is his favorite character but Daredevil is his favorite comic and the reason for that is Daredevil doesn't tie in with other teams and events and gets to just be a comic with characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Look, I know exactly what you're talking about here. I remember some readers not liking the first few issues of Spectacular and then being wowed when issue 6 came out, as if I listened to some criticism. But issue six was written before the series even started coming out! I had twenty issues plotted out!
    Hah, yeah, I was one of 'em... Even dropped the comic for a while lol.

I'll still say the first still were terrible, every character there was annoying, but specially Spidey, then it improved so quickly I was wondering "What the ****?"

Sooooo you in the new spiderman film ? I remember you made a twitter post about how if they didnt put you in it youd kill off matt Murdock but ive noticed matts not dead

I'm NOT in it and I'm FURIOUS
    RIP Daredevil.

I found it weird that he said
    1)Spider-man isn't micro-managed
    2)Yet he's very tough to write

But Now I think I get it, it's not just editorial.It's the fanbase that will go crazy if they take risks, hence they don't and editorial makes sure they don't.

Still don't get why they are trying to replace him so much, then again so much of what editorial does doesn't make sense to me.
    I can only wonder how much he's being honest about the fanbase, Superior exists and while I think it's terrible, it gets more praises than expected.

Then again, fanbases are just loud in general when whining, and with Spidey being so popular, yeah lol.

Editorial letting you do whatever sounds about right, if the kinds of weird stories Spidey tends to get is any hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Zdarsky has said stuff like this before. He said once Spider-Man is his favorite character but Daredevil is his favorite comic and the reason for that is Daredevil doesn't tie in with other teams and events and gets to just be a comic with characters.
    Yeah it looks like Matt is in a comfortable spot, he's not so unpopular that Marvel makes him tie-in with too much stuff, making the book sell even less on the long run, but he's just popular enough to not have other characters to leech him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hah, yeah, I was one of 'em... Even dropped the comic for a while lol.

I'll still say the first still were terrible, every character there was annoying, but specially Spidey, then it improved so quickly I was wondering "What the ****?"
    Even though Chip says he doesn't listen to feedback that much I think he did w/ this.I have no doubt he's being truthful about having written all those Spec. issues before feedback but once he figured out people like his serious Spidey more he kept w/ him in DD and used Howard type goofy stuff to use him as a goofy guy.

I can only wonder how much he's being honest about the fanbase, Superior exists and while I think it's terrible, it gets more praises than expected.

Then again, fanbases are just loud in general when whining, and with Spidey being so popular, yeah lol.
    (Most)People who like editorial are Slott/BND/modern readers, they knew Slott's Peter and Superior works well w/ that, but it's a terrible Spider-man story.Even considering Slott Peter this the story

1)Needs everyone to drop 100 IQ points to work.Ock doesn't even try to hide it
    2)Redeems Ock even though it's really Peter's memories that make him a good guy
    3)Ock even w/ Peter's memories is a s*xual assaulting women half his age
    4)Peter tries to stop Ock from saving a girl's life to save his own in the middle of the book
    5)Ruins MJ and Black Cat for the foreseeable future

How anyone, even modern readers can look at any of these things and think it's a good Spider-man/general story is beyond me.

It's Slott's years of destroying Peter's character and writing a mockery of Peter and then making that his "flaws".Not to mention how good an aftermath run w/ this could be but he ruins that too.

I get the appeal of JMS magic side of spider-man, the Other, even Spider-verse(I stand by the fact it should be a multiversal once in a while thing),Beyond etc. but I can't wrap my head around any appeal of Superior.

Editorial letting you do whatever sounds about right, if the kinds of weird stories Spidey tends to get is any hint.
    Editorial seems more like an obstruction, not caring about the story but changing status quoe/reverting it to when it was better/etc.

Yeah it looks like Matt is in a comfortable spot, he's not so unpopular that Marvel makes him tie-in with too much stuff, making the book sell even less on the long run, but he's just popular enough to not have other characters to leech him.
    Yeah, I hope it stays that way but MCU might change that....
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-08-2021 at 07:43 AM.

RIP Daredevil.
    One had to wonder if Zardasky would actually do it or pull a fakeout like Soule did at the end of his run
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Even though Chip says he doesn't listen to feedback that much I think he did w/ this.I have no doubt he's being truthful about having written all those Spec. issues before feedback but once he figured out people like his serious Spidey more he kept w/ him in DD and used Howard type goofy stuff to use him as a goofy guy.
    Possible, but it might be that just learned how to use Spidey's voice after the first issues.

Spidey shows up briefly in Zdarsky's Marvel Two-in-one, and he's joking around, but isn't like early Spectacular issues:

(Marvel Two-in-One#4 vol 2)

So it's possible that Zdarsky learned how to use both the goofy and serious Spidey properly after those first issues from Spectacular, which's quite a feat if so lol.

(Most)People who like editorial are Slott/BND/modern readers, they knew Slott's Peter and Superior works well w/ that, but it's a terrible Spider-man story.Even considering Slott Peter this the story

1)Needs everyone to drop 100 IQ points to work.Ock doesn't even try to hide it
    2)Redeems Ock even though it's really Peter's memories that make him a good guy
    3)Ock even w/ Peter's memories is a s*xual assaulting women half his age
    4)Peter tries to stop Ock from saving a girl's life to save his own in the middle of the book
    5)Ruins MJ and Black Cat for the foreseeable future

How anyone, even modern readers can look at any of these things and think it's a good Spider-man/general story is beyond me.

It's Slott's years of destroying Peter's character and writing a mockery of Peter and then making that his "flaws".Not to mention how good an aftermath run w/ this could be but he ruins that too.

I get the appeal of JMS magic side of spider-man, the Other, even Spider-verse(I stand by the fact it should be a multiversal once in a while thing),Beyond etc. but I can't wrap my head around any appeal of Superior.
    I'd say the biggest appeal Superior has is that Slott's Otto is a better protagonist than Slott's Peter.

Slott's Peter feels too, basic, and kinda changes personality if the plot requires him to, Slott's Otto feels more consistent and he reacts to stuff better.

I also saw praises about how Spider-Otto puts more effort into stopping villains, and actually killing someone who's too much of a psychopath, so there's that too.

Ultimately, while Superior is controversial, it's still liked enough, so yeah, not really sure if Zdarsky really means it with the whole "fanbase bitches about stuff", and he did say he doesn't pay too much attention to what fans say, so I dunno, maybe he's being honest here, maybe he's not lol.

Editorial seems more like an obstruction, not caring about the story but changing status quoe/reverting it to when it was better/etc.
    Yeah in cases like that, editorial is fucking up everything and being too stubborn to try to fix it, but sometimes I wonder how much good they may have done we don't hear about...

Yeah, I hope it stays that way but MCU might change that....
    I doubt MCU is changing anything.

Avengers are more popular now than ever, you can even argue that now they're bigger than the X-Men currently, yet, the comic sales are as whatever as ever, and X-Men still casually sells more.

Daredevil's Netflix series was easily the most popular one, and while it had influences on the comics (Such as Wesley returning, since the last time he showed up was all the way back in Born Again), Daredevil's comic still sells like a B-lister's.

Popularity outside the comics doesn't translate into popularity within the comics, since most fans from that other media won't be interested in checking something that has such a different story, with more convoluted continuity, and so expensive to keep up, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    One had to wonder if Zardasky would actually do it or pull a fakeout like Soule did at the end of his run
    Nah man, Matt's dead for good once Zdarsky's run ends, and it's all Feige's fault .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Possible, but it might be that just learned how to use Spidey's voice after the first issues.

Spidey shows up briefly in Zdarsky's Marvel Two-in-one, and he's joking around, but isn't like early Spectacular issues:

(Marvel Two-in-One#4 vol 2)

So it's possible that Zdarsky learned how to use both the goofy and serious Spidey properly after those first issues from Spectacular, which's quite a feat if so lol.
    I think it's because he's not the focus, still seems stupid.Even if he learned it was by his own since he already wrote those issue before he could get any feedback.Either way I'm glad he got his voice down and likes the character and most importantly will guest star him wherever he goes.Nothing other than replacement arcs stops the fact we will get some quality Peter content outside of his books.Also good to know Marco Chetto(I don't know how to spell his last name and won't even try) is a big Spidey fan, hopefully they get him on a Peter book ASAP.

I'd say the biggest appeal Superior has is that Slott's Otto is a better protagonist than Slott's Peter.

Slott's Peter feels too, basic, and kinda changes personality if the plot requires him to, Slott's Otto feels more consistent and he reacts to stuff better.

I also saw praises about how Spider-Otto puts more effort into stopping villains, and actually killing someone who's too much of a psychopath, so there's that too.

Ultimately, while Superior is controversial, it's still liked enough, so yeah, not really sure if Zdarsky really means it with the whole "fanbase bitches about stuff", and he did say he doesn't pay too much attention to what fans say, so I dunno, maybe he's being honest here, maybe he's not lol.
    So Slott wrote complete sh*t so that when he wrote something a little less sh*tty people though it was good, checks out

Still doesn't make up for destroying so may side characters, dumbing down every character, etc. Not to mention he's still a r*pist, and they never even address that w/ Anna, she just cool a psycopathic murderer did this too her.I'm still convinced Slott did this because he saw himself as Otto, that and Spite.

I'd add destroying Peter for this but he did that long ago.

"I also saw praises about how Spider-Otto puts more effort into stopping villains, and actually killing someone who's too much of a psychopath, so there's that too."

The former Peter has done from time to time and should have done under Slott, the latter didn't need the replacement arc.He could have been a new hero in town, we could have gotten the good of superior w/out most of the bad.

Yeah in cases like that, editorial is fucking up everything and being too stubborn to try to fix it, but sometimes I wonder how much good they may have done we don't hear about...
    We hear all the bad, which is a lot.I guess the good is telling Chip to go from doing a whole MU life story to a Spider-man one IG.They really shouldn't interfere w/ story details IMO.These are the mf'ers who did Sins Past, so the "making sure terrible things don't happen" isn't what they are doing

I doubt MCU is changing anything.

Avengers are more popular now than ever, you can even argue that now they're bigger than the X-Men currently, yet, the comic sales are as whatever as ever, and X-Men still casually sells more.

Daredevil's Netflix series was easily the most popular one, and while it had influences on the comics (Such as Wesley returning, since the last time he showed up was all the way back in Born Again), Daredevil's comic still sells like a B-lister's.

Popularity outside the comics doesn't translate into popularity within the comics, since most fans from that other media won't be interested in checking something that has such a different story, with more convoluted continuity, and so expensive to keep up, so yeah.
    Agreed, I meant Marvel might see the character as someone who needs MCU synergy to push him to the A lister gang while making him more popular.

Nah man, Matt's dead for good once Zdarsky's run ends, and it's all Feige's fault .
    We know either Matt or Elektra are supposed to die at the end of this IIRC, they can pull a fake or something but still maybe Zdarsky's pulling one on all of us

His editor having lived through the Clone Saga and not wanting to go through that again is kind of funny .

That's pretty much the reason why I wasn't expecting him to ever write ASM.

I think it's because he's not the focus, still seems stupid.
    He only looked "stupid" there because the characters were using a device that makes Johnny and Ben travel around the multiverse, which's something he doesn't know much about so in that it's understandable.

Even if he learned it was by his own since he already wrote those issue before he could get any feedback.Either way I'm glad he got his voice down and likes the character and most importantly will guest star him wherever he goes.Nothing other than replacement arcs stops the fact we will get some quality Peter content outside of his books.Also good to know Marco Chetto(I don't know how to spell his last name and won't even try) is a big Spidey fan, hopefully they get him on a Peter book ASAP.
    It's Checchetto lol.

Wonder if he'll manage to make Spidey look good in whatever other comics he writes, 'cause Spidey's role in his Daredevil run is great, and part of it is because of their story with each other and Spidey's own problems, specially considering he referenced Spidey killing Charlemagne, something that is bizarrely ignored, since she's the only one Spidey directly killed...

So Slott wrote complete sh*t so that when he wrote something a little less sh*tty people though it was good, checks out ;D
    Basically, yeah lol.

Still doesn't make up for destroying so may side characters, dumbing down every character, etc. Not to mention he's still a r*pist, and they never even address that w/ Anna, she just cool a psycopathic murderer did this too her.I'm still convinced Slott did this because he saw himself as Otto, that and Spite.
    Think Slott didn't think how bizarre the whole thing was, like, once Peter reveals that Otto took over his body and now he's gone, Anna Maria's reaction isn't mentioning a super-villain stole someone else's body and lied by omission to her all the time, she was sad that he was dead and that's that.

You can say that the grief of his death made her not realize such things at first, but the intention is clearly not that, specially when Spidey himself didn't get that angry at all the bullshit Otto pulled, and Spidey is definitely an emotional character lol.

At the very least, Superior's second volume has her point this out.

"I also saw praises about how Spider-Otto puts more effort into stopping villains, and actually killing someone who's too much of a psychopath, so there's that too."

The former Peter has done from time to time and should have done under Slott, the latter didn't need the replacement arc.He could have been a new hero in town, we could have gotten the good of superior w/out most of the bad.
    Spidey generally doesn't try to kill even when it's the best choice for everyone, villains who die around him tend to either kill themselves in some way, or someone else kills them, he needs to be pushed way too much to even consider killing, Otto didn't have to be pushed as far to kill, and if that's supposed to be a quality, he definitely has that over Spidey.

We hear all the bad, which is a lot.I guess the good is telling Chip to go from doing a whole MU life story to a Spider-man one IG.They really shouldn't interfere w/ story details IMO.These are the mf'ers who did Sins Past, so the "making sure terrible things don't happen" isn't what they are doing
    The original Sins Past would have Gwen secret be impregnated with Peter's kids, so I doubt the plot would be that much better.

Well, we wouldn't see Norman's sex scene with Gwen at least lol.

Agreed, I meant Marvel might see the character as someone who needs MCU synergy to push him to the A lister gang while making him more popular.
    They already did MCU energy, the Defenders comic book is quite blatantly them using MCU Defenders stuff, and now Daredevil is friends with Luke Cage, Danny and Jones.

I'd say the worst thing about MCU synergy is that while it gave Matt extra super-hero friends, it sidelined his friendship with Spidey a bit, something Zdarsky fixed, so yeah.

So yeah, if we get another MCU Daredevil ****, I doubt it'll affect Matt that much, and hell, did they try to push anyone besides Iron Man as an A-Lister because of MCU?

We know either Matt or Elektra are supposed to die at the end of this IIRC, they can pull a fake or something but still maybe Zdarsky's pulling one on all of us
    Nah, Daredevil is definitely dying, and at the end of the run, we'll see Matt's grave, and a drunk guy dressed like Spider-Man, clearly meant to represent Zdarsky, says "Spider-sense tingling" and then throws up at his grave, to show Zdarsky's contempt:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    His editor having lived through the Clone Saga and not wanting to go through that again is kind of funny :P.

That's pretty much the reason why I wasn't expecting him to ever write ASM.
    He's not writing ASM because there's an editor getting in Zdarsky's way preventing another clone saga?