Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I never thought I'd be so satisfied to see Wolverine punch a kid.
    LMAO, he's the best at what he does...

Just for fun, I was trying to think through some of the legal implications from last issue. I'm a lawyer in real life, so seeing Emma get served (lol) was hilarious to me.

A government is almost never considered on the hook for the behavior of its citizens in civil court. Here, its a weird case because Krakoa claims control over all mutants and has weird legal jurisdiction over all of them, even when they commit crimes in other countries. Its hella unrealistic, but eh. Also, most mutants living on the island don't seem to have much in the way in personal property or even money. Everything is given them by the government, from housing to food to clothes. So there's a bunch of legal messes that would probably get kicked around in courts for years on that front.

But even without that, Krakoa would absolutely be legally viable because after starting her murder rampage, Nature Girl used the gates to GO BACK, resupply, recruit help, and then use their network to continue her rampage, would definitely make them liable. Hell, because of their supposedly tight security plus their telepath network, they should have known what was going on before anyone else! From an outside perspective, Krakoa would have to be horrendously negligent, or a straight up state sponsor of terrorism.

The writer absolutely did not think any of this through and its all much dumber. Hell, nobody has even commented on them parading Jumbo Carnation around town with Emma when he's supposed to be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Just for fun, I was trying to think through some of the legal implications from last issue. I'm a lawyer in real life, so seeing Emma get served (lol) was hilarious to me.

A government is almost never considered on the hook for the behavior of its citizens in civil court. Here, its a weird case because Krakoa claims control over all mutants and has weird legal jurisdiction over all of them, even when they commit crimes in other countries. Its hella unrealistic, but eh. Also, most mutants living on the island don't seem to have much in the way in personal property or even money. Everything is given them by the government, from housing to food to clothes. So there's a bunch of legal messes that would probably get kicked around in courts for years on that front.

But even without that, Krakoa would absolutely be legally viable because after starting her murder rampage, Nature Girl used the gates to GO BACK, resupply, recruit help, and then use their network to continue her rampage, would definitely make them liable. Hell, because of their supposedly tight security plus their telepath network, they should have known what was going on before anyone else! From an outside perspective, Krakoa would have to be horrendously negligent, or a straight up state sponsor of terrorism.

The writer absolutely did not think any of this through and its all much dumber. Hell, nobody has even commented on them parading Jumbo Carnation around town with Emma when he's supposed to be dead.
    Actually they came up with the lie that he faked his death because the fame was too much or something like that. So they have his story covered.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Okay even I didn’t like this one. It had some fun parts but this comic is nuts lol. Logan knocking the kids out was way more satisfying than I’d thought it would be.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I don't think before no. 11 this comicbook was too bad...now it is bad...really bad.

Worried about the future of the X-Men.

Adios, Hickman.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I love evil kids like Curse.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Just read it, even worse than I thought by reading this thread

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

... Next issue is the Trial of X-men Green...
    This is like watching a cat puke on the carpet... I can't look away, no matter how horrible it gets.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I’m getting more and more convinced that this is all a vision or a dream sent to Nature Girl. Because it makes damn little sense otherwise.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

We wondered how long until Hickman left we would get something as bad as what the likes of Austen, and the answer is that he isn't even finished yet and we're already there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    We wondered how long until Hickman left we would get something as bad as what the likes of Austen, and the answer is that he isn't even finished yet and we're already there.
    Who is writing this btw, Hickman wrote the first issue IIRC?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Who is writing this btw, Hickman wrote the first issue IIRC?
    Duggan. Hickman wrote the first arc only.

I'm sorry for anyone suffering this in real time, but these threads are extremelly entertaining to read.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Duggan. Hickman wrote the first arc only.
    it shows....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

Umm.... what you just said would be like saying the various state goverments would be on the hook for crimes commited by someone because they used the interstate highway system to travel on (ever hear about the state police agencies,hiway patrol ect,ect,ect.)

You would be laughed out of court.

Same here.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 11-09-2021 at 03:20 PM.