Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

It's all jedi-mind tricks at this point. I try not to put too much importance on these things.

Also, why do people care so much about DCEU Wonder Woman being weaker than Carol? I don't see how Wonder Woman not being able to fly makes her weak than a character who can fly?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    It's all jedi-mind tricks at this point. I try not to put too much importance on these things.

Also, why do people care so much about DCEU Wonder Woman being weaker than Carol? I don't see how Wonder Woman not being able to fly makes her weak than a character who can fly?
    DCEU WW is far weaker than carol because the actual power performances prove it. It has nothing to do with flight. And a lot of us care, because we do not like to see how nerfed ww is these days

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    DCEU WW is far weaker than carol because the actual power performances prove it. It has nothing to do with flight. And a lot of us care, because we do not like to see how nerfed ww is these days
    I mean, you can put Carol in Diana's place with the JL scene and she'll look weaker against a recently resurrected Superman. If you'd watch the film again, Diana was really the only one to hold her own against Steppenwolf. Plus, he even stated she could've protected the Amazons from him. Alluding to the fact she's strong enough to stop him. However, Snyder had to prolong the film because of Superman's resurrection. I know for me there were moments I thought: damn, just let her beat him already.

I mean, you can put Carol in Diana's place with the JL scene and she'll look weaker against a recently resurrected Superman. If you'd watch the film again, Diana was really the only one to hold her own against Steppenwolf. Plus, he even stated she could've protected the Amazons from him. Alluding to the fact she's strong enough to stop him. However, Snyder had to prolong the film because of Superman's resurrection. I know for me there were moments I thought: damn, just let her beat him already.
    Actually no. Because Carol already has greater power feats than DCEU Superman. Overpowering Thanos alone puts her above SM. While DCEU WW is canon fodder to SM. And couldn't do anything to steppoenwolf without help and weapons. Her weapons do more than her actual powers. She is a nerfed mess.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

The movie does not suggest to me that Diana was a match for Steppenwolf. Aquaman and Wondy were barely holding their own till Superman came in and saved the day.

If Carol is as powerful to put Thanos on notice, then I think one can safely assume she is at minimum on Superman's power scale or I would even say more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    The movie does not suggest to me that Diana was a match for Steppenwolf. Aquaman and Wondy were barely holding their own till Superman came in and saved the day.

If Carol is as powerful to put Thanos on notice, then I think one can safely assume she is at minimum on Superman's power scale or I would even say more powerful.
    Basically this. And MCU Carol is indeed above DCEU SM. While DCEU WW is almost fodder to DCEU SM that he put down in 2 hits.

Anyway. This thread is not about that. So we can take the conversation to the power level thread.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    So, the writer has an opinion & we all pretty much disagree with him or her. What else is there to say?

Also, CBR is mostly garbage & to refer tot his as an “article” is being extremely generous.
    You are using "all" very loosely as the majority of the comments were focused on the popularity of the characters.

Generous or not, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post

I had to re-watch the final fight scene, haven't seen ZSJL since it was released on HBOMax. Indeed, there is a big difference than their previous fight, where Wonder Woman was clearly holding her own. So, I'll say it's Snyder's stalling for Superman. Anyways, Steppenwolf does indeed say that Diana could've protected her sisters. So yeah, you can't argue with that. Even in the Knightmare scene, Wonder Woman was the only one who died (I think Barry died too, can't remember). Snyder seems to not understand WW's strength.

I had to re-watch the final fight scene, haven't seen ZSJL since it was released on HBOMax. Indeed, there is a big difference than their previous fight, where Wonder Woman was clearly holding her own. So, I'll say it's Snyder's stalling for Superman. Anyways, Steppenwolf does indeed say that Diana could've protected her sisters. So yeah, you can't argue with that. Even in the Knightmare scene, Wonder Woman was the only one who died (I think Barry died too, can't remember). Snyder seems to not understand WW's strength.
    Patty Jenkins doesn't seem to understand WW's power either. In fact plenty of writers(comics and movies) don't seem to understand her power these days. As she usually comes off as being pretty fragile nowadays.

Aquaman is also dead, which is why Mera takes his place. The plot for Justice League 2 would’ve been Luthor assembling the Legion of Doom to take down the Justice League, with Wonder Woman and Aquaman getting killed by Dr. Poison and Black Manta, respectively. Yeah. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by fong03 View Post
    You are using "all" very loosely as the majority of the comments were focused on the popularity of the characters.

Generous or not, it is.
    You can be sure that even outside WW forum. Most people won't agree with the notion that storm could beat a well writen WW. Only if she is writen as a jobber like in that crossover could storm have a chance.