Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Actually, the almost sex scene with Felicia was in Spectacular#75, saying it happened was in #76 was a typo, my bad.

Either way, there's no way a sex scene happened in that issue, the pages I posted were all one after the other, and nothing indicates a mini time skip happened, so Peter lays on the bed, Felicia says she's gonna get into something more comfortable, then Otto Ock blocks them, nothing more happened there.

Also, I pointed out in the Black Cat thread that the confirmation that Peter had sex with Felicia happened Spectacular#88's page 8, and this page in #75 where Felicia teases Peter:
    Right, what I meant by "Heavily suggested" wasn't that they did it in that scene, but that it was suggesting they were sexually active. She calls him "lover," and they begin the process, so it seems pretty darn likely they've already done it at this point.

Pre-OMD
    1975 Oct. ASM #149 - Mary Jane
    1979 Feb. ASM #189 - Betty Brandt (I still say its debatable)
    1983, Feb. PPSSM #75 - Strongly suggests that he and Felicia are sexually active.
    1984 Mar. PPSSM #88 - Actively shows him having done Felicia.

Post-OMD
    2009 Oct. ASM #601 - Michelle Gonzales (drunken one-night stand)
    2011 Jul. ASM #660 - Carlie Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Lowest point of the relationship was in Gangwar when Peter says goodbye to Gwen and takes her hand while Liz is clearly wanting for a kiss, even Mark rightfully called him out for that. Spec Peter was such a shitty boyfriend lol.
    Yeah he sucked as a boyfriend, the reason why I think it'd be better for Peter and Gwen to end up together at the end of Spectacular's season 2, is to make sure no one else has to suffer either of them lol.

'Cause really, while Peter is the more obviously lousy one between both, Gwen only dated Harry on a rebound, is a hypocrite for dating him to begin with, since she says she doesn't want to be Peter's second option, while she picks her own second option, and once Harry managed to escape from being kidnapped, she and Peter almost kissed, and decided to break up with Liz and Harry afterwards to be together... To Gwen's credit, she's the one who stopped the kiss from happening, but both of them are lousy love interests regardless, even if Gwen is slightly better lol.

Also yeah, technically Peter never kissed any of then, they all kissed him first and he just stood there dumbfounded, Liz did the same at the end of the Master Planer episode when Gwen was in the phone lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    There was a kiss w/ liz in spec.
    She kissed him when she came to his door-step to tell her she broke up w/ flash(IIRC) and Gwen was on the phone
    Yeah had forgotten about that, thanks.

Maybe I should use this as an excuse to re-watch Spectacular a fifth time, or is it sixth? Hard to keep track now.

It's hilarious how he's dumbfounded, every single time, this is one of the most "Harem protagonist" Peter has ever been with how naíve he is, and that's specially weird with Liz since she's about as subtle as a train crash in the middle of a crowded city with how she's into him lol.

Obviously this was foreshadowing for Superior Spider-Man :P.
    Well, those 8's have Spidey getting lucky, while Superior fucked his life, and specifically made Felicia pissed off at him, that's some dark foreshadowing :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    Right, what I meant by "Heavily suggested" wasn't that they did it in that scene, but that it was suggesting they were sexually active. She calls him "lover," and they begin the process, so it seems pretty darn likely they've already done it at this point.
    That's Felicia being flirty, she's like that since she met Spidey, no issue before this hints they really were having sex, since there was no relationship besides Felicia having an one sided crush, it's only ASM#226 where Spidey even decides to give her a chance and she's out of the comic by the very next issue.

She has good chemistry with Spidey when it comes to such scenes, but again, there were basically no chances for it to happen before she showed up in Spectacular since her appearances were "Felicia shows up, flirts with Spidey, then goes away on the next issue", ASM#226/227 has the biggest change with Spidey accepting her advances, but again, she's gone by the next issue, and it's Spectacular where the relationship was developed.

Extraordinary Member

I rewatch spec. from time to time as well, shame they don't continue it.

Incredible Member

Screenshot (128).jpgCame upon this screenshot from a youtube video. Just in case we needed extra confirmation of Peter & Carlie hooking up beyond the "Click" scene in 660.

Here's the full vid.

Astonishing Member

Cindy is out, while the pheromones made them be all over each other, they didn't have sex.
    Is that confirmed? We never actually explicitly saw them have sex--but we saw them very close to it on several occasions, and with the pheromone compulsion between them it seems probable that it happened off-panel between issues unless we were specifically told it didn't.

He probably had sex with that Chinese chick he dated back in ANAD, and maybe Bobbi too.
    When Peter first moved into Bobbi's apartment he was sleeping on the couch, so they weren't sleeping together at that point. But there was a later issue where she invited him to bed and he declined, saying he needed to be up early the next morning...so they presumably did get intimate not long before they broke up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Is that confirmed? We never actually explicitly saw them have sex--but we saw them very close to it on several occasions, and with the pheromone compulsion between them it seems probable that it happened off-panel between issues unless we were specifically told it didn't.

When Peter first moved into Bobbi's apartment he was sleeping on the couch, so they weren't sleeping together at that point. But there was a later issue where she invited him to bed and he declined, saying he needed to be up early the next morning...so they presumably did get intimate not long before they broke up.
    I think they might have but considering the gross factor didn't show it, and now can decline they did.

Yeah, Bobbi and Peter and even Lian Tang and Peter slept together by how it was written.

Yeah he sucked as a boyfriend, the reason why I think it'd be better for Peter and Gwen to end up together at the end of Spectacular's season 2, is to make sure no one else has to suffer either of them lol.

'Cause really, while Peter is the more obviously lousy one between both, Gwen only dated Harry on a rebound, is a hypocrite for dating him to begin with, since she says she doesn't want to be Peter's second option, while she picks her own second option, and once Harry managed to escape from being kidnapped, she and Peter almost kissed, and decided to break up with Liz and Harry afterwards to be together... To Gwen's credit, she's the one who stopped the kiss from happening, but both of them are lousy love interests regardless, even if Gwen is slightly better lol.

Yeah had forgotten about that, thanks.

Maybe I should use this as an excuse to re-watch Spectacular a fifth time, or is it sixth? Hard

It's hilarious how he's dumbfounded, every single time, this is one of the most "Harem protagonist" Peter has ever been with how naíve he is, and that's specially weird with Liz since she's about as subtle as a train crash in the middle of a crowded city with how she's into him lol.

Well, those 8's have Spidey getting lucky, while Superior fucked his life, and specifically made Felicia pissed off at him, that's some dark foreshadowing :P.

That's Felicia being flirty, she's like that since she met Spidey, no issue before this hints they really were having sex, since there was no relationship besides Felicia having an one sided crush, it's only ASM#226 where Spidey even decides to give her a chance and she's out of the comic by the very next issue.

She has good chemistry with Spidey when it comes to such scenes, but again, there were basically no chances for it to happen before she showed up in Spectacular since her appearances were "Felicia shows up, flirts with Spidey, then goes away on the next issue", ASM#226/227 has the biggest change with Spidey accepting her advances, but again, she's gone by the next issue, and it's Spectacular where the relationship was developed.
    My god, Spectacular Spider-Man was a deconstruction of the Harem Genre all along, this is what would happen if someone was really that indecisive or blind to both his feelings and the girl's .

Lol, maybe, Harry and Liz deserved better, especially Liz hell i was watching the show with my sister and spite of being Peter/Gwen shipper, she felt terrible for Liz lol, i still believe that Peter would have ended maturing and becoming a decent boyfriend, especially because is left clear that he screwed up royally and is called out by the narrative. Still, i wonder what would have happened for Gwen and Peter to end, assuming that Gwen wasn't gonna die in the show and that Peter apparently end with MJ at the end of the series, my guest is that she would have found about him being Spider-Man and not wanting to be part of that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

My god, Spectacular Spider-Man was a deconstruction of the Harem Genre all along, this is what would happen if someone was really that indecisive or blind to both his feelings and the girl's .

Lol, maybe, Harry and Liz deserved better, especially Liz hell i was watching the show with my sister and spite of being Peter/Gwen shipper, she felt terrible for Liz lol, i still believe that Peter would have ended maturing and becoming a decent boyfriend, especially because is left clear that he screwed up royally and is called out by the narrative. Still, i wonder what would have happened for Gwen and Peter to end, assuming that Gwen wasn't gonna die in the show and that Peter apparently end with MJ at the end of the series, my guest is that she would have found about him being Spider-Man and not wanting to be part of that.
    It's so good because all the flaws aren't ignored IMO.

Also didn't the creator say he would adapt the night that Gwen Stacy died if he got to continue the show.Gwen being alive makes little sense to me if she's not w/ Peter after that, sounds cruel but just like Barbara Gordon is better as Oracle it's just a tragedy that makes the story so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    If they were supposed to have had sex, then something would've been hinted, but everytime they tried, they were interrupted, either Peter himself stopping it, or, in most cases, Anna Maria interrupting it lol.

Hm, yeah, ASM#789 has Bobbi in a good mood at the end and she makes up with Spidey, so likely something happened:

And the scene you mentioned, from #791, yeah, possibly Peter is sleeping on the couch just so nothing happens for him to get up early:

So yeah, they fucked at some point.

Can honestly wonder what was up with Slott suddenly shipping Spidey with Bobbi, 'cause they only started dating in ASM#30 vol 4, more or less, and Bobbi only showed up in #789, #791, #794, then #795 afterwards, and #795 is when they broke up, so uh, we only see the relationship in 5 ASM issues lol.

There's probably some more in tie-ins or whatever that shows more of it, but in real life it only lasted 7 months, in Marvel time that must've been like, what, a month? A week? A day? Lol.

Yeah, Bobbi and Peter and even Lian Tang and Peter slept together by how it was written.
    Chinese chick basically rubs it in Spidey's face that she's having sex with Peter too:

(ASM#1 vol 4)

Slott is pretty good at making unlikable characters.

My god, Spectacular Spider-Man was a deconstruction of the Harem Genre all along, this is what would happen if someone was really that indecisive or blind to both his feelings and the girl's.
    At least Peter has way more personality than the harem protagonists, those "They have barely any personality so the viewer can insert into the character, which may or may not be an indication of how the writers think the viewer sucks" lol.

But yeah, Peter just being swept along when he doesn't really care about Liz, wants to be with Gwen, and taking way too long to break things off with Liz to be with Gwen, hurts everyone, and it's hilarious, even if poor Liz suffers more than anyone lol.

Gwen's flaw of being a hypocrite isn't talked about, hell, the narration even tries to make it more supportive on her side, when she's only slightly better than Peter as a love interest, if better at all.

Peter and her wanting to break things with their love interests, man, the narration shows it in a way that we're supposed to think Harry is a piece of **** for manipulating Gwen for her to stay with him, and while he is a piece of **** for doing that, Gwen still was going to seriously break up with the guy who had just escaped his kidnapper, and Peter was okay with that... And the narration doesn't say "Hey, these two are fucking assholes for doing this" lol.

Also didn't the creator say he would adapt the night that Gwen Stacy died if he got to continue the show.Gwen being alive makes little sense to me if she's not w/ Peter after that, sounds cruel but just like Barbara Gordon is better as Oracle it's just a tragedy that makes the story so much better.
    If I remember correctly, Weisman said that Gwen wouldn't be killed on the TV show, since it's aimed for kids, but he was gonna do what ASM originally did, grow up with the audience, so there would be movies where more mature stuff happens, and Gwen would probably be killed.

Also I would say it's slightly more cruel to kill her off, not being with Peter, come on, you can get over that, she can be a terrible love interest to someone else lol.

Mighty Member

I could see Weisman pulling a twist with the story like the 90s animated series did where Gwen survives, but finds out Peter is Spider-man and breaks up with him. And MJ is there to comfort Peter through the break up. Then, maybe killing Gwen off in a future movie. Honestly, that probably would have been better than the whole MJ trapped in another dimension/water clone mess that the 90s series cooked up.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Spectacular Spider-Man as a deconstruction of the harem genre works better than the School Days anime because at least the characters are flawed but remain somewhat sympathetic for the most part, whereas in School Days (the anime version), the main protagonist is explicitly cast as someone who just uses and discards girls for his own gratification and is a total jerk on top of that.

Pretty solid point there. I also prefer Babs as Oracle, mostly because I'm not a big fan of backtracking on character growth and development, and I like her as a mentor to Cassandra and Stephanie.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    I could see Weisman pulling a twist with the story like the 90s animated series did where Gwen survives, but finds out Peter is Spider-man and breaks up with him. And MJ is there to comfort Peter through the break up. Then, maybe killing Gwen off in a future movie. Honestly, that probably would have been better than the whole MJ trapped in another dimension/water clone mess that the 90s series cooked up.
    Would that incorporate her either knowing all along or having figured out at some point that Peter is Spider-Man?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Oh trust me, after everyone was kind of ignoring Gwen because they were afraid they’d have to kill her off, yet still doing the bridge thing with MJ instead where she survives, you bet your ass Spectacular Norman was going to come back and throw Gwen off of that bridge…(though after dealing with that plagiarist the Hobgoblin).

If we are adding alternate universes, are we going to include a glass of water (90’s animated MJ clone) to the mix? That was the one he married right?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Spectacular Spider-Man as a deconstruction of the harem genre works better than the School Days anime because at least the characters are flawed but remain somewhat sympathetic for the most part, whereas in School Days (the anime version), the main protagonist is explicitly cast as someone who just uses and discards girls for his own gratification and is a total jerk on top of that.
    Which's honestly kinda baffling when the visual novel has routes that work better as a deconstruction, although others where the harem **** isn't that harmful too.

Pretty solid point there. I also prefer Babs as Oracle, mostly because I'm not a big fan of backtracking on character growth and development, and I like her as a mentor to Cassandra and Stephanie.
    It's also pretty dumb they decided to backtrack on her being Oracle, 'cause by the time Killing Joke happened, Barbara had retired for a while, maybe even years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Oh trust me, after everyone was kind of ignoring Gwen because they were afraid they’d have to kill her off, yet still doing the bridge thing with MJ instead where she survives, you bet your ass Spectacular Norman was going to come
    back and throw Gwen off of that bridge…(though after dealing with that plagiarist the Hobgoblin).
    While it's possible Gwen would be killed, it's possible they would go for another death, Spectacular doesn't mind changing a thing or two after all, like Miles W.'s entire characterization (Which also made him the best version of Miles W. ever lol).

If we are adding alternate universes, are we going to include a glass of water (90’s animated MJ clone) to the mix? That was the one he married right?
    He did marry that MJ clone yeah.

But honestly, adding alternate universes can get weird, there's one joke alternate universe where he married Spider-Woman, a random what if has him eventually starting a relationship with Silver Sable, and there may be an alternate universe out there where he ends up with Sue of all people... Better stick to 616 lol.