Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wonder Woman #781 - Spoilers/Discussion

Synopsis:

Wonder Woman faces her greatest threat yet: a world that doesn’t need her! Lost and without purpose, Diana travels to visit an old friend looking for answers.

Meanwhile, her image as a hero has taken a shape all its own and it’s ready to fight back…literally!

Review:

Good number. Looks like that we FINALLY have a creative team that wants to work on ideas given on the beginning, and open a lot of plots for the long term. I really liked that they'll keep using Dr Psycho (Wondy has a rich background, and it needs to be used more), or how they seem to be interested on Siggy.

(And then, just the typical: present a new villain for the rest of the arc)

This entire number gives me the idea that the first arc of Cloonrad was just WW having a break, well, thisi s Wonder Woman returning and presenting new threats that will have to be resolved on a whole epic saga.

The only weird part has been that of Deadman's, lol, I mean, is he using a dead body, or kidnapping the soul of a poor fellow? lfmao

The back-up was good too. As a geek I really apreciate some good ol' worldbuilding, more if it's about a setting not as much as explored as Bana Mighdall.

In general: good stuff, good

The art was beautiful, Diana’s civilian outfits were amazing.

This issue was a great set-up for the arc. Really looking forward to what comes next.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

The body Deadmans using has a cut across its midsection like you'd get outta an autopsy, so between that and him saying he only has a week before the body starts to '.....' im assuming hes using a dead body.

But yeah, this was a pretty sweet issue. ^.^
    Steve being attacked by a mirror image of Wonder Woman
    Doctor Psycho apparently being literate enough to write a book
    This dynamic between Diana and Deadman is surprisingly alot better than id have expected. Deadmans usually a character I don't really think of much ever.
    Overall im just loving where this issue is going.

Also this is working off of very little information, but given this issue is already pulling out Image-Maker, im theorizing that the fellow Psycho bilked was none other than Gadget-Maker who wore the same exact outfit back in his silver age appearance.

The backup though was a delight. I loved the design of everything from the outfits to the location. This whole set up for how the Bana welcome new members is a delight to behold and it really makes me want to see more of the Bana.

There was a lot happening this Issue.

Cloonrad really are looking at the long term. I'm surprised how much the first arc mattered, but I'm not complaining.

To see Deadman again, I didn't expect at all. His dynamic with Diana continues to be fun and it's good to see her keep in contact with the supernatural DC characters. That they are going to visit Siggy' grave (if he got one) really pulled me into the story. I'm looking forward to what Diana is going to encounter in Skandinavia.

Poor Steve has no luck. The Mirror/Fake Dianas look perfectly creepy. Takara seems to be good at creepy in general.

One of the best Issues so far imo.

Good start to the new arc. I think Takara’s art is pretty suited to what Cloonan/Conrad are going for with Psycho and the duplicate Diana’s, very creepy looking.

Didn’t expect to say this but nice to have Diana back on Earth.

The Bana backup is interesting. Giving Ayala is writing this and Nubia, seems like the initiation was a deliberate contrast to the Themysciran one. Also nice Artemis was colored with more brown skin tone.

Incredible Member

That was amazing! The best Cloorad story we've gotten so far. I loved the Diana/Etta interactions. I also liked Psycho's use of his powers. I wonder about the range of his telepathy as the man seemed pretty far away from his and Diana's location. The duplicate Dianas were also sufficiently creepy.

There was enough intrigue to keep me hooked. I'm wondering who Psycho is working with, and I'm pretty excited about the Sigfried subplot.

I thought this was one of the best illustrations of Artemis I've ever seen. I also do like how the naming process is so important in Amazon culture.

Looking forward to more in this buildup to Trial of the Amazons.

Fantastic issue. Doctor Psycho is creepy as hell and Takara killed that art. Deadman staying on is nice. Diana's voice just keeps getting better and better. Etta is back!

The chosen name thing reminded me that we still don't know why Artemis is called Artemis.