Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Reminds me of Rucka's first run when Pyscho was making civilians jump off building all around the city to mess with Diana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I think that was a deliberate lift from that run.
    I think Simone wrote him doing that to Superman too during her Action Comics run.

I love that Wonder Woman is surrounded by weird people and regularly visits weirdazz places, as in the Golden Age of comics! Drowning Etta and Col. Steve in a sea of weirdness creates a great contrast, from which to create stories from.

And I think Siggy (confirmed* Gundra's ex, by Mr. Conrad) is about to join the cast, which creates a great narrative scratching post for potentially classc comedic clashes, with Steve! Diana, Etta, Steve, Siggy and Giganta...classic cast!

*https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2021...omans-new.html
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-09-2021 at 02:13 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

This was a very Wonder-ful issue! I loved seeing Dr. Psycho getting the much attention he does deserve! And I guess it’s safe to assume once Gram is reunited with Siggy’s remains it will some how revive him.

Loved the back up issue as well! It’s good to see that Orlando’s world building is being used with the co Queens! My only issue is that the back up could use more pages! “Tear”

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This issue was great. The artwork isn't as good as Moore, but it was still very good overall so there wasn't a steep drop. And the Reflection Dianas were suitably creepy. Psycho was amusing in how much of a little creep he is and also his powers were effectively intimidating. I'm glad he's going to be a regular presence in this run. Also, I think another poster said his contact was the Gadget-Maker, another old Kanigher villain to go along with Image-Maker.

The backup story was cool. It's mostly setup for now so it wasn't too exiting action wise, but the Bana-Mighdall initiation ceremony was very interesting and Artemis looked GREAT. Can't wait to see the fight with the manitcore and if it is the same one that Nubia appears to be fighting in her series.

Cloonrad is utilizing as many classic supporting characters as they can and going for some serious deep cuts with her non-myth based villains. Meanwhile, the backups and the Nubia series are exploring the different Amazons factions in interesting ways and building up cool myth based threats. The WW franchise feels more cohesive than it has in a while. Possibly ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Loved the back up issue as well! It’s good to see that Orlando’s world building is being used with the co Queens! My only issue is that the back up could use more pages! “Tear”
    I do wish it was its own mini-series, a companion to Nubia & the Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This issue was great. The artwork isn't as good as Moore, but it was still very good overall so there wasn't a steep drop. And the Reflection Dianas were suitably creepy. Psycho was amusing in how much of a little creep he is and also his powers were effectively intimidating. I'm glad he's going to be a regular presence in this run. Also, I think another poster said his contact was the Gadget-Maker, another old Kanigher villain to go along with Image-Maker.

The backup story was cool. It's mostly setup for now so it wasn't too exiting action wise, but the Bana-Mighdall initiation ceremony was very interesting and Artemis looked GREAT. Can't wait to see the fight with the manitcore and if it is the same one that Nubia appears to be fighting in her series.

Cloonrad is utilizing as many classic supporting characters as they can and going for some serious deep cuts with her non-myth based villains. Meanwhile, the backups and the Nubia series are exploring the different Amazons factions in interesting ways and building up cool myth based threats. The WW franchise feels more cohesive than it has in a while. Possibly ever.

I do wish it was its own mini-series, a companion to Nubia & the Amazons.
    Or if they could flesh the story in back ups for Wonder Girl and Nubia and the Amazon’s.

lol, I was doing a read through again and Psycho, the little creep, is copping a look at Diana's breasts when she confronts him in the car.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-09-2021 at 05:21 PM.

This run is sooo good. It's making me nervous. Like, the other shoe has to drop and something is going to go wrong. LOL

I like Steve Trevor in waiting-by-the-phone mode. Cute.

ETA: I just realized that the scene with Steve that I enjoyed so much used thought balloons. I'm always here for thought balloons.
    Last edited by Largo161; 11-09-2021 at 08:11 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I liked the issue. I only have one thing that confused me. How does the image power work? Because the fake WW attacked steve and if that image is even close to WW's strength. One hit and steve should be dead. Also steve destroyed the image with a bullet. But the current team has said that WW is invulnerable. So how come that steve destroyed the WW image with a bullet? That is the one part of the comic that confused me. Anybody has any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I liked the issue. I only have one thing that confused me. How does the image power work? Because the fake WW attacked steve and if that image is even close to WW's strength. One hit and steve should be dead. Also steve destroyed the image with a bullet. But the current team has said that WW is invulnerable. So how come that steve destroyed the WW image with a bullet? That is the one part of the comic that confused me. Anybody has any idea?
    They're cheap knockoffs of the real deal.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They're cheap knockoffs of the real deal.
    This. Just like in Sailor Moon when Nehelenia did the same thing.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

lol, I was doing a read through again and Psycho, the little creep, is copping a look at Diana's breasts when she confronts him in the car.
    Oh my God, he totally he is. He is the WORST (and also the best).

I don't know if they are exact replications of Wonder Woman with accurate powers based on hers. Considering their source (Image-Maker) and the way she shattered into glass when she was shot, they are like magical mirror/reflection constructs. We're seeing a bunch of them, so they may have to come at her in large numbers and swarm her to challenge her vs. her probably being able to defeat a solo one rather easily.

Im going to assume its like the silver age version of Image-Maker wherin he could create an infinite number of Wonder Woman copies and while each of them was capable of any feat of strength and such that Wonder Woman could do, they had literal glass jaws and could be dispatched with a single punch.

The reason why they were such a big threat at the time was
    1. Wonder Woman was trapped in the mirror dimension at the time with no way out
    and 2. Image-Maker can make an infinite number of these so even if each one could be destroyed with a single punch from Wonder Woman, there were thousands more so they could overwhelm through sheer number.

also i might be misremembering but i think i recall the lasso not working on them because they were not actually people but rather simulalcrum controlled by Image-Maker?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Im going to assume its like the silver age version of Image-Maker wherin he could create an infinite number of Wonder Woman copies and while each of them was capable of any feat of strength and such that Wonder Woman could do, they had literal glass jaws and could be dispatched with a single punch.

The reason why they were such a big threat at the time was
    1. Wonder Woman was trapped in the mirror dimension at the time with no way out
    and 2. Image-Maker can make an infinite number of these so even if each one could be destroyed with a single punch from Wonder Woman, there were thousands more so they could overwhelm through sheer number.

also i might be misremembering but i think i recall the lasso not working on them because they were not actually people but rather simulalcrum controlled by Image-Maker?
    How could steve survive a hit from one of them if it can have all of WW strength?

How could steve survive a hit from one of them if it can have all of WW strength?
    Maybe they didn't want to kill Steve only throw him through some furniture.

i'll be curious how the writers approach Image-Makers powers in this as they had the potential to be quite scarily powerful save for their two limitations
    One of which isn't even a thing anymore apparently as their not trapped in the mirror dimension as they are a part of it.