Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It was a fairly perfect blend of superheroing and civilian life which I feel is a rarity in todays comics.
    While I personally am fine with Diana not having a secret identity it was kind of fun seeing her “in disguise” on a plane with Deadman instead of simply flying there herself.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't think I've enjoyed an issue of WW this much in years. In fact, I've actually been considering dropping the title in spite of following Diana's series for over 40 years. The main story had great pacing and a good deal of "creepiness." Loved it.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I have to agree...this was about as perfect a Wonder Woman book as I could ever hope for! I absolutely LOVED the scenes with Etta and Czisko and Deadman and Steve...I love everything about this. And that kanigher era villain...the Image Maker???? HA! Takara's art is also top notch! His Diana is beautiful and powerful but not overwhelming and he is great at the creepy too. If we can't keep Travis Moore, I am so happy to have Takara! The only complaint...it can't even be a complaint is the Dodson cover. Dont get me wrong, the Dodsons are amazing artists, I love their work, but it seems out of place on a Takara drawn book. It's like putting a George Perez cover on a Gene Colon book. Great artists, but not quite compatible? But who would be a great cover artist for this....I dont even know.
    The Bana-Mighdall back-up...this is what I have been wanting for a back up feature in Wonder Woman. While the Young Diana thing was cute and fun (and obviously a set up for more stories down the road) this is what I want to see. Building the world of the Wonder-characters. Yes, I know it's a lead up to the Trial story coming, but still...it was great. The art was beautiful, the coloring exceptional. To be perfectly honest, it never occurred to me that Artemis should be colored more darkly...tanned, but of course she should be. she lives in the desert. How absolutely daft of me and how perfect of the creative team. I also loved the juxtaposition of the induction of the new Amazon to the ones told of in Nubia. Where the Themysciran Amazons seem to literally be reborn from the well of souls, the Bana Amazons physically find their way there. I also loved the way they are chosen and that the ones denied are 'disposed' of in such a unique way.

Now if the book could just get a new logo....I've always hated this logo. It's not Diana, not Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I have to agree...this was about as perfect a Wonder Woman book as I could ever hope for! I absolutely LOVED the scenes with Etta and Czisko and Deadman and Steve...I love everything about this. And that kanigher era villain...the Image Maker???? HA! Takara's art is also top notch! His Diana is beautiful and powerful but not overwhelming and he is great at the creepy too. If we can't keep Travis Moore, I am so happy to have Takara! The only complaint...it can't even be a complaint is the Dodson cover. Dont get me wrong, the Dodsons are amazing artists, I love their work, but it seems out of place on a Takara drawn book. It's like putting a George Perez cover on a Gene Colon book. Great artists, but not quite compatible? But who would be a great cover artist for this....I dont even know.
    The Bana-Mighdall back-up...this is what I have been wanting for a back up feature in Wonder Woman. While the Young Diana thing was cute and fun (and obviously a set up for more stories down the road) this is what I want to see. Building the world of the Wonder-characters. Yes, I know it's a lead up to the Trial story coming, but still...it was great. The art was beautiful, the coloring exceptional. To be perfectly honest, it never occurred to me that Artemis should be colored more darkly...tanned, but of course she should be. she lives in the desert. How absolutely daft of me and how perfect of the creative team. I also loved the juxtaposition of the induction of the new Amazon to the ones told of in Nubia. Where the Themysciran Amazons seem to literally be reborn from the well of souls, the Bana Amazons physically find their way there. I also loved the way they are chosen and that the ones denied are 'disposed' of in such a unique way.

Now if the book could just get a new logo....I've always hated this logo. It's not Diana, not Wonder Woman.
    This logo?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This logo?

yeah, that one. I have hated it since it debuted.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    yeah, that one. I have hated it since it debuted.
    I'm just used to it since it's the logo the book's had since I started reading and they slap it on most of their trade collections of older stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm just used to it since it's the logo the book's had since I started reading and they slap it on most of their trade collections of older stuff.
    When did you start reading the book?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

It's the New 52 logo, when Rebirth started they removed the scratches, to put them back again in infinite frontier.
    I was sure they were going to put the Immortal WW logo starting with the number 780, but well...

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    When did you start reading the book?
    Around Rebirth for modern, not counting the odd trade I would read at a library.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    It's the New 52 logo, when Rebirth started they removed the scratches, to put them back again in infinite frontier.
    I was sure they were going to put the Immortal WW logo starting with the number 780, but well...
    IMMORTAL WW.jpg

I prefer the scratchy one. There's something too "Captain America" about the first "O" and I don't like the "W"s.

My favorite WW logo (besides the classic cursive) simple, plain, modern but with a hint of antiquity.

Wonder_Woman_Vol_2_208.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    My favorite WW logo (besides the classic cursive) simple, plain, modern but with a hint of antiquity.

Wonder_Woman_Vol_2_208.jpg
    heh, I was reading through the my Perez trade a little while back and got a kick being reminded Perez incorporated that in-universe by making it Diana's signature.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    The point is, we could wait for the whole arc to finish before we start complaining and getting disappointed about some things.
    Because it has not yet been established in this particular issue that the images have a fraction of the power or whatever of WW, for now it is just that: an image.
    We do not know how it works, we do not know if the power comes from the ability of its creator, we do not know anything only that they are replicas of Diana's image. Just say.
    That is theoretically fine, but practically it would either end with handwaving poor writing, the copies getting a power-up later own, the copies not being a threat at all to Wonder Woman or some serious Silver Age level camp.

Because the only way that copies with human level strength and literal glass level durability could be a believable threat is by taking the infinite copies concept quite seriously, but i think it would be very surprising to see a literal wave of millions to billions copies in modern comics.

I liked the issue anyway, but especially inconsistencies is something any good Wonder Woman writer should avoid as best as possible, because it is 1 of her biggest problems since so many decades.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 11-12-2021 at 02:46 AM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    That is theoretically fine, but practically it would either end with handwaving poor writing, the copies getting a power-up later own, the copies not being a threat at all to Wonder Woman or some serious Silver Age level camp.

Because the only way that copies with human level strength and literal glass level durability could be a believable threat is by taking the infinite copies concept quite seriously, but i think it would be very surprising to see a literal wave of millions to billions copies in modern comics.

I liked the issue anyway, but especially inconsistencies is something any good Wonder Woman writer should avoid as best as possible, because it is 1 of her biggest problems since so many decades.
    Even then, they shouldn't realistically harm WW if they have human level strength. But i guess i shouldn't have reacted so soon. I know my negative way of thinking will bother many people around here. But i have seen my fav mistreated so many times, that i ring on the alarm at the slighest move now.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Even then, they shouldn't realistically harm WW if they have human level strength. But i guess i shouldn't have reacted so soon. I know my negative way of thinking will bother many people around here. But i have seen my fav mistreated so many times, that i ring on the alarm at the slighest move now.
    I don't see why you have to apologize for liking Wonder Woman and for wanting her to have the respect she should have. Many here settle for what is lackluster feats and story arcs.

I am glad that people like the current writers and artists even though that hasn't translated to stellar sales. In my opinion, it didn't help that we had an amnesiac Wondy that was depowered in the first arc under the new team. And I still think that she and Siggy was not in character for her, but that is just me.