Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Well, read the mini again because you didn't understand at all, they said it between the lines, that woman is a storm ... also TOM BREVOORT confirmed that it was indeed Storm.

He said everyone involved knew that Grandma is Storm, you just have to understand the context, and for one of the covers we confirmed it more, we showed Grandma Storm with her xwoman uniform.

That is, Yes, it is confirmed.

But for stubborn people.
    Who has a doubt, there the cover that that old woman proves is Storm, in addition to that Tim BREVOORT confirmed it, which was not necessary with that cover.

Hi Storm

Just pointing out, that miniseries is non-canon. There is so much in it that contradicts mainline X-Men books - including events that kept being referenced after its publication. So who the hell cares what Brevoort says about it? In canon books, his grandmother was implied to be Monet. Plus, Bishop and Storm have nearly ended up in a relationship multiple times as recently as Age of X-Man - with her possibly being his grandmother never being a reason for it being nixed.

You seem to want her to be his grandmother for some reason. But at the end of the day, it was never explicitly said so she isn't. Marjorie Liu and Christopher Yost wanted Laura Kinney/X-23 to be a lesbian and I believe wrote her that way. But it was never confirmed and she has been shown explicitly heterosexual since then. It's not the best comparison, but the point is, in X-Men things need to be made clear to work.

And yes, I know X-Men has had parental incest before what with Legion reality warping himself into his father banging his mom and Madelyne Pryor maybe raping a teenage Nate Grey but it really doesn't need this unless Bishop is going to be a heavy handed analogy for Severian and Storm for Dorcas.

Plus, Bishop had tons of tests run on him. You think Beast would've found out years ago they were related unless he secretly wanted them to bang cause he's a degenerate.

Point is, they're not related. They could be eventually, but they're not right now.
    Last edited by Drexelhand; 11-14-2021 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Just pointing out, that miniseries is non-canon. There is so much in it that contradicts mainline X-Men books - including events that kept being referenced after its publication. So who the hell cares what Brevoort says about it? In canon books, his grandmother was implied to be Monet.
    Yeah...

Never mind that if we are giving more weight to creator's individual takes on the whole thing?

Bishop ain't even African-American or Aboriginal.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Asian Black?
    Yes,blacks of asia who have left africa a along time ago(pre-history times) and their genes mutated to non african dna(asian dna) because of new regional factors etc..
    This happen before there were any other races on the planet.
    Keep in mind there were blacks in europe(black europeans) before white europeans existed.

Race is phenotype and most aboriginals or many of them look black,so bishop is not bi-racial,he still is 100% black.
    By the way there have been reports of black aboriginal looking phenotypes that exist or existed in africa but was/is rare or extremely rare.

Anyway asian blackd are blackd with asian dna,and not african dna.
    Of course there are blacks in asia who still have african dna,but those came later in pre-history times/after pre-history times.

Here is an example of a black who is indian from india.
    She is not african/africa american but she is black and india is in asia.
    Asian black.
    Trinary

There are black arabs of yemen(south west asia) who are asian blacks.
    Blacks of papuea new guinea are asian,not african.

There are whites who are asian from india but if those whites marry white europeans, it does not make them biracial because they are still white and native to earth and they still have a common origin.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-14-2021 at 08:01 PM.

Just pointing out, that miniseries is non-canon. There is so much in it that contradicts mainline X-Men books - including events that kept being referenced after its publication. So who the hell cares what Brevoort says about it? In canon books, his grandmother was implied to be Monet. Plus, Bishop and Storm have nearly ended up in a relationship multiple times as recently as Age of X-Man - with her possibly being his grandmother never being a reason for it being nixed.
    That was revealed to just be a case of mistaken identity
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yeah...

Never mind that if we are giving more weight to creator's individual takes on the whole thing?

Bishop ain't even African-American or Aboriginal.
    I mean yeah he started Filipino but his created changed hm to African-American.
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    That was revealed to just be a case of mistaken identity
    True, but it is still the closest hint we've had in actual continuity about his lineage. Plus, with the M-Twins calling Gateway their mentor, it's not like Monet being his grandmother strikes out the idea that his parents are Australian since there is a connection there.

Times & Life of Lucas Bishop is non-canon, there's no other way to treat that miniseries and for the sake of this discussion it shouldn't even be regarded.

True, but it is still the closest hint we've had in actual continuity about his lineage. Plus, with the M-Twins calling Gateway their mentor, it's not like Monet being his grandmother strikes out the idea that his parents are Australian since there is a connection there.
    He called Monet mother not grandmother
    #jussayin
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Some art.

bruh seriously....like who thought this was gonna grab readers? Even if you wasted the the decades long mystery of a characters background with disjointing writing the least you could do IMHO is make it look pretty
    Last edited by BroHomo; 11-15-2021 at 02:23 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Race is phenotype
    That's... hotly debated IRL, also it's not the definition the OP was using.

Extraordinary Member

What i mean about race/phenotype.
    When i see someone who looks black they are black to me.
    When i see some who looks white they are white etc...
    There is nothing to debate about.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-15-2021 at 12:40 AM.

bruh seriously....like who thought this was gonna grab readers? Even if you wasted the the decades long mystery of a characters background with disjointing writing the least you could do IMHO is make it look pretty
    bruh...it’s dated 2019 and it looks like fan art. Worse fan art has been posted on these forums and been praised, so it’s all subjective.

Incredible Member

He called Monet mother not grandmother
    #jussayin
    Yeah, I know. The implication from that scene is that his grandmother (possibly Monet) would have looked like his mother in her youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    bruh...it’s dated 2019 and it looks like fan art. Worse fan art has been posted on these forums and been praised, so it’s all subjective.
    Oooohhh Nooo i was thought i was replying to the art from his mini.i didnt even notice it was the wrong post that looks heads and tails better than Stromans
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    What i mean about race/phenotype.
    When i see someone who looks black they are black to me.
    When i see some who looks white they are white etc...
    There is nothing to debate about.
    Well, that's your take on it. Some people agree with it, some don't. Whether you wish to debate the matter is irrelevant.