Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Secret X-Men #1

Man, I was super excited for this, I actually like quite a few of the characters here (more than the official main team), I actually like the name Secret X-Men, but then I get to the creative team and read "Tini Howard"...and no, sorry, gave her two chances to make me like her writing with Excalibur and X-Corp and her horrid writing and "character work" made me drop both series. With so many available writers it had be be Howard again. I will wait for the reviews and comments to see if it is something worthwhile. I really, really wanted to see the vote losers in a team together (Forge and Banshee together again) and of course Marvel and White give me this.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 11-10-2021 at 09:45 PM.

Amazing Member

At least is a one shot with a great artist.

Yeah I think the response to Tini's involvement is a bit dramatic. Even if some amazing writer were attached, there isn't much time in a one-shot to tell an impressive story with a cast this size. The characters are just gonna go on a mission, punch some people, then celebrate or whatever. It would be pretty hard to screw that up.
    Last edited by Dipter; 11-10-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Yeah I think the response to Tini's involvement is a bit dramatic. Even if some amazing writer were attached, there isn't much time in a one-shot to tell an impressive story with a cast this size. The characters are just gonna go on a mission, punch some people, then celebrate or whatever. It would be pretty hard to screw that up.
    In Tini I trust...to screw it up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    lol. I take it you don’t read Excalibur? Or X-corp? It’s possible

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    All of this
    I don't particularly enjoy being nasty about writers, especially female ones, but Excalibur is one of the worst things I've ever read full stop. It's not just a bad comic, it's beyond that.

Like I don't even understand how her scripts get past editorial?

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I don't particularly enjoy being nasty about writers, especially female ones, but Excalibur is one of the worst things I've ever read full stop. It's not just a bad comic, it's beyond that.

Like I don't even understand how her scripts get past editorial?
    Last issues were nice to great, so maybe there is hope!

LEARNED my lesson

not buying x books with miss howards name on it

Same. Her writing is just not for me I guess.

So how many teams are there right now? Excalibur, X-men, X-Force, Marauders, SWORD, Hellions and now we have this for however brief it is and then Nightcrawlers coming team...is Marvel once more saturating the X-men side of the MU with multiple teams again and see what lands and what doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So how many teams are there right now? Excalibur, X-men, X-Force, Marauders, SWORD, Hellions and now we have this for however brief it is and then Nightcrawlers coming team...is Marvel once more saturating the X-men side of the MU with multiple teams again and see what lands and what doesn't?
    Ummm...yes

Nothing new. Its been oversatured since X of Swords

Incredible Member

It’s just a one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    It’s just a one shot.
    For now. I dont think he's wrong. marvel is throwing this out there to see if it sticks. if it sells well, I can see it coming back as an ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    For now. I dont think he's wrong. marvel is throwing this out there to see if it sticks. if it sells well, I can see it coming back as an ongoing
    Me too, which wouldn't necessary be a bad thing except that is written by Howard.