Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Secret X-Men #1

Extraordinary Member

Tini missed the mark big time,I don't have faith in her.Clearly the weakest link in the X-office.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So how many teams are there right now? Excalibur, X-men, X-Force, Marauders, SWORD, Hellions and now we have this for however brief it is and then Nightcrawlers coming team...is Marvel once more saturating the X-men side of the MU with multiple teams again and see what lands and what doesn't?
    You forgot the New Mutants.

There are also the Dark Riders, a team of monsterous mutants assembled by Magik seemingly to hunt down monsters that endanger humanity, who only ever showed up in the Curse of Man-Thing one-shot trilogy, never to be mentioned or aknowledged anywhere else.

Does X-corp count as "team"?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    For now. I dont think he's wrong. marvel is throwing this out there to see if it sticks. if it sells well, I can see it coming back as an ongoing
    Marvel is currently not striking me as even bothering with "testing the water" or "seeing what sticks" anymore, instead just throwing random stuff out there they hope will catch on with little to no overall success.

Also "if it sells well" sounds like a big if, given the writer and overall sales decrease of the X-line. The hype has died down and now it seems back to the status where the only thing selling in any meaningfull numbers are legacy titles bought by aging collectors regardless of quality as long as it has variant covers.

All-New Member

cooooooooooooooooool.............................

I wonder if we are actually going to see the mission take place or if the whole thing is going to happen off panel while they sit around and talk about it with some random never before seen character. That is what I've come to expect from Howard's writing.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

They couldn't get Ed Brisson?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So how many teams are there right now? Excalibur, X-men, X-Force, Marauders, SWORD, Hellions and now we have this for however brief it is and then Nightcrawlers coming team...is Marvel once more saturating the X-men side of the MU with multiple teams again and see what lands and what doesn't?
    And New Mutants.
    But we don't know yet what exactly is happening with Excalibur, X-Force, SWORD, and Hellions (likely disbanded since Kwannon will be on the Marauders).
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Amazing Member

SWORD was never a team rather than a government organization.

THis one is mostly a team up for a mission and not a proper team.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    That Wiccan and Hulkling one-shot TH wrote was good. If this is similar quality that’s all I need.
    That was quality? If it was, then this book is in major trouble.

Mighty Member

Some of them should actually join New Mutants instead, since they are in limbo most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Some of them should actually join New Mutants instead, since they are in limbo most of the time.
    Dear God, why would you do that to them? lol

I think New Mutants should either be about that particular generation of mutants (Sam, Dani, Berto, Tabitha, etc.) OR about the newest generation of mutants. (New New New New New New Mutants?). I feel mixing them is a mistake.. Also I hope we get a new writer (I'm apparently in the minority in this).

Oddly enough, the students introduced during the Morrison era have now been around as long as the original X-Men were when the New Mutants first appeared.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I don't particularly enjoy being nasty about writers, especially female ones, but Excalibur is one of the worst things I've ever read full stop. It's not just a bad comic, it's beyond that.

Like I don't even understand how her scripts get past editorial?
    Key thing is you took time to READ it-so you are not being nasty to her. If you went in with an open mind and gave her a shot-you are not being nasty to her.

Nasty is attacking her based on hearsay from the say youtubers and grifters that attack everything POC, female or LGBTQA lead with bits and pieces.

.is Marvel once more saturating the X-men side of the MU with multiple teams again and see what lands and what doesn't?

I suspect it's more of tossing out material to something that MIGHT sniff a tv show or movie or dvd movie. Because Marvel does not want a situation of something catching on outside of comics and there is nothing to buy in terms of trades.

See Static at DC-they left TONS of money by not doing more trades with him.
    See Cyborg.
    See Antman-there is a reason he is still sniff appearances and books.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    New Mutants is already a bloated book and doesnt need any more cast members. It isnt a traditional team book and these characters would be wasted over there. Besides that, it would also be major regression for all except Armor

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I don't particularly enjoy being nasty about writers, especially female ones, but Excalibur is one of the worst things I've ever read full stop. It's not just a bad comic, it's beyond that.

Like I don't even understand how her scripts get past editorial?
    I don’t think criticism of a book that you’re actually reading is wrong. No one is attacking her character. Her writing skills are not up to par with others. Her execution of her ideas are awful. I will admit that I actually liked the latest issue of Excalibur, but it still suffers from disjointed transition and lapses in time.

Anyone that writes a comic is subject to criticism. Should people hold back because the writer happens to be a woman? If the criticism is valid and not attacking the writer personally, then it should be equal playing field.

How many male writers have been bashed for their writing on their x-runs? Lots. If you’re writing is bad, it’s bad

Ultimate Member

So I'll buy it, mainly for Tempo and 'Berto, but to a lesser extent Sam, Tabitha and Armor. Never been a fan of Strong Guy, Banshee or Marrow, and Forge, eh, I liked him better pre-Krakoa. Now it's all plant-tech. I'm surprised he hasn't replaced his bionic leg and hand with wood/plant-based Krakoan tech...

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Dear God, why would you do that to them? lol

I think New Mutants should either be about that particular generation of mutants (Sam, Dani, Berto, Tabitha, etc.) OR about the newest generation of mutants. (New New New New New New Mutants?). I feel mixing them is a mistake.. Also I hope we get a new writer (I'm apparently in the minority in this).
    Bruh...YAAAAS! I've been screaming this!
    GrindrStone(D)