Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Secret X-Men #1

So I take it that people on this thread are disappointed with the writer and concerned about over saturating the market with another team? (Major eye rollage)….It’s a fricking one shot folks. Shut your pie holes and embrace the fact that these wonderful characters are at least being spotlighted
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    So I take it that people on this thread are disappointed with the writer and concerned about over saturating the market with another team? (Major eye rollage)….It’s a fricking one shot folks. Shut your pie holes and embrace the fact that these wonderful characters are at least being spotlighted
    I bet Nature Girl fans are thrilled about how she is being spotligheted in X-Men Green.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    New Mutants is already a bloated book and doesnt need any more cast members. It isnt a traditional team book and these characters would be wasted over there. Besides that, it would also be major regression for all except Armor
    Roberto and Sam should have been elevated along time ago to full X-Men status. At least Sam has been on an actual X-Men team in the past. For Sunspot to not have been one by now is an indictment against the X Office. To put them back into the New Mutants book as it’s written is a regression.
    Last edited by OWL45; 11-12-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

I was totally excited when I seen that pic but hope deflated soon after seeing Tini's name.WTabsoluteF!!!Burned me once with Excalibur & again with X-Corp.I learn slowly at times,but I learn.
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

Quote Originally Posted by RealEyesRealizeRealLies77 View Post
    I was totally excited when I seen that pic but hope deflated soon after seeing Tini's name.WTabsoluteF!!!Burned me once with Excalibur & again with X-Corp.I learn slowly at times,but I learn.
    that's eXactly how i feel.. i supported all those books but

cant let these writers fool us in 2022
    Last edited by MAR420X; 11-13-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Incredible Member

Yas 2002!!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    yas 2002!!
    ha! Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Roberto and Sam should have been elevated along time ago to full X-Men status. At least Sam has been on an actual X-Men team in the past. For Sunspot to not have been one by now is an indictment against the X Office. To put them back into the New Mutants book as it’s written is a regression.
    Sunspot needs to join Earth’s Mightiest Heroes!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Sunspot needs to join Earth’s Mightiest Heroes!
    Uh, Berto and Sam WERE Avengers. (Or “are” as “once an Avenger, always an Avenger” is a thing)

I'll get this. I like the team a lot and it's always great to see Banshee and Forge get some love. I'm not a Tini fan. I'm hoping she can at least do something decent here, but the bar is pretty low

Incredible Member

I've got to say, I've quite liked a lot of the subtext in Excalibur, in particular I find I can, as a British person, easily spot the references to Brexit and to the extreme right wing politics currently running rampant over here. I think it's been very cleverly, and subtly, done.

I'm quite looking forward to this, the cast is interesting and most of them are people who should have far more spotlight than they get.

Mighty Member

LMAO at this thread. So much melodrama over a one shot!

Astonishing Member

Whoever suggested they put these characters on New Mutants must hate them. That comic has been **** since Hickman got off, I'd rather they leave Sunspot in limbo than subject him to whatever dreck Vita is writing.

Speaking of which, is it fair to say that with Hickman gone Sunspot's push is over? Ewing's worked with the character before and I'd love to see him join SWORD in some capacity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Whoever suggested they put these characters on New Mutants must hate them. That comic has been **** since Hickman got off, I'd rather they leave Sunspot in limbo than subject him to whatever dreck Vita is writing.

Speaking of which, is it fair to say that with Hickman gone Sunspot's push is over? Ewing's worked with the character before and I'd love to see him join SWORD in some capacity.
    Honestly Hickman didn’t do much of anything at all with him. I was disappointed by Sunspots lack of involvement. Hopefully Sunspot gets more of a push now that he is gone. Ewing was the last writer that really showed him a lot of love and development. Would love for him to be part of SWORD. If not I hope this is a precursor for him being on an X Team.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Honestly Hickman didn’t do much of anything at all with him. I was disappointed by Sunspots lack of involvement. Hopefully Sunspot gets more of a push now that he is gone. Ewing was the last writer that really showed him a lot of love and development. Would love for him to be part of SWORD. If not I hope this is a precursor for him being on an X Team.
    Ewing wrote him in that horribleAvengers spinoff tried to turn him into that sh!tty Citizen X persona? Nahhh
    GrindrStone(D)